Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General aviation/airplane news and chat

Some years ago I was with the Grand Druid of Kaos scouting a site for a multi-rigger party when a Chinnock came along and landed in the field we were stood in next to the Ridgeway at Stokenchurch. A load of army bods bailed out and the guy in charge came over and asked what we were doing there, Denny (Grand Druid etc) replies “Fuck off, we ain’t done nuffing yet!”

May I present RAF Luton and their take on RAF lodging arrangements

Properly worth a follow on Twitter, both for the foaming saddery of celebate plane spotters, and the rivalry between RAF Luton and RAF Lossiemouth over who has the best beaches.

I would have thought that such testing and arduous circumstances merited - at the very least - the awarding of honourary RAF Regiment mudguards. :thumbs:

Regrettably I did not leave school at age 12 and was therefore ineligible to serve as a Pebble Monkey.

The RJAF (who are very cordial and an all round good bunch) arranged the hotel. There is no fucking way 11 Group would have sprung for such luxury.

I wonder if the irony of using a jumbo jet to try and control forest fires has ever dawned on them.
The 747 Supertanker can drop 74 Tonnes of fire retardant foam in just over 20 seconds. This can extinguish huge fires in incredibly fast time. But that's nowhere near as fast as you can extinguish the joy on threads like this...

The 747 Supertanker can drop 74 Tonnes of fire retardant foam in just over 20 seconds. This can extinguish huge fires in incredibly fast time. But that's nowhere near as fast as you can extinguish the joy on threads like this...

How long does it take to fill with 74 tonnes of foam?

Is there anyone here who keeps tabs on these things. Does anyone have any idea when an Antanov will be returning to the UK as Mrs Tag is desperate to see one.
I saw one at Farnborough many years ago and see one recently landed at Prestwick (taking arms to Israel) and appreciate that ony a few airports have runways big enough for them.
I understand East Midlands airport is another that is big enough. Any clues or hints anyone, where to find these things out? Thanks.

1596879514962.png

Is there anyone here who keeps tabs on these things. Does anyone have any idea when an Antanov will be returning to the UK as Mrs Tag is desperate to see one.
I saw one at Farnborough many years ago and see one recently landed at Prestwick (taking arms to Israel) and appreciate that ony a few airports have runways big enough for them.
I understand East Midlands airport is another that is big enough. Any clues or hints anyone, where to find these things out? Thanks.

View attachment 225530

There is only one -225 (like the photo) so you'd have to be very lucky to see that in the UK. You can see -124s at Leipzig all the time as Antonov have an engineering base there.

Was in Prestwick last week

Back
Top Bottom