Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gaza under attack yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't claim to have anything above fuck all understanding of this. However, Netantyahu is such an embodiment of self-serving corruption that I'm not sure it would be worse, and maybe it will give Biden an opportunity to break with the US tradition of guarded encouragement of Israeli violence for a bit.

Israel has got every right to defend itself when it is attacked! If someone fired 3000 missiles at your country would you fight back or not?
What it doesn't have is the right to murder and collectively punish Palestinians, journalists, and aid workers 😠.
When Tommy Robinson stands with you. A rational person would take a long hard look at themselves.
This latest round of culling of Palestinians. Kicked off when somebody decided the best way to celebrate Ramadan was a volley of stun grenades and CS gas into the mosque in Jerusalem you know the 2nd holiest site in Islam 🙄.

Now if Israel had used drones to kill a few Hamas officials bastard but par for the course.
Jdams and artillery into urban areas is a murder spree.

I mean if you read this type of stuff regularly you'd come away with that impression . I think they've spoken at events in the UK too :(

Lancet retracts publication of a letter from concerned healthcare professionals after threats to boycott the journal:

Got this email from Verso Pappe book Ten Myths of Israel is free E book version for a while.

I read it some time ago. It is interesting view from Israeli Jew who grew up in the new state. The myths are what he was taught when he grew up in Israel. Later as historian he took critical view of the foundation of the state of Israel. Its a good to the point readable account from someone on the ground so to speak. Rather than outside view of Israel.

Last edited:
Always always Israel responds to Palestinian violence when actually it's the other way round.

Earlier in the day, Israeli police fired rubber-tipped bullets at Palestinians protesting against a march by Jewish ultranationalists through Arab neighbourhoods of Jerusalem.

At one point, several dozen young men and teenagers, jumping in their air, chanted: “Death to Arabs!” Palestinian medics said Israeli police had wounded more than 30 people protesting against the parade.

How Israel Helped to Spawn Hamas
WSJ. Jan. 24, 2009
Moshav Tekuma, Israel

Surveying the wreckage of a neighbor's bungalow hit by a Palestinian rocket, retired Israeli official Avner Cohen traces the missile's trajectory back to an "enormous, stupid mistake" made 30 years ago.

"Hamas, to my great regret, is Israel's creation," says Mr. Cohen, a Tunisian-born Jew who worked in Gaza for more than two decades. Responsible for religious affairs in the region until 1994, Mr. Cohen watched the Islamist movement take shape, muscle aside secular Palestinian rivals and then morph into what is today Hamas, a militant group that is sworn to Israel's destruction.

Instead of trying to curb Gaza's Islamists from the outset, says Mr. Cohen, Israel for years tolerated and, in some cases, encouraged them as a counterweight to the secular nationalists of the Palestine Liberation Organization and its dominant faction, Yasser Arafat's Fatah. Israel cooperated with a crippled, half-blind cleric named Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, even as he was laying the foundations for what would become Hamas. Sheikh Yassin continues to inspire militants today; during the recent war in Gaza, Hamas fighters confronted Israeli troops with "Yassins," primitive rocket-propelled grenades named in honor of the cleric.

Got this email from Verso Pappe book Ten Myths of Israel is free E book version for a while.

I read it some time ago. It is interesting view from Israeli Jew who grew up in the new state. The myths are what he was taught when he grew up in Israel. Later as historian he took critical view of the foundation of the state of Israel. Its a good to the point readable account from someone on the ground so to speak. Rather than outside view of Israel.
I read his Ethnic cleansing of Palestine a few years ago. I haven't read 10 myths but imagine it covers some similar ground especially around 1948.

There are a lot of racists and very unpleasant people among them for sure, but I don't think it's appropriate to call them that.
A lot of the people who unthinkingly criticise all Israelis are falling into the trap of anti-semitism, perhaps without realising it. I try to encourage them to read Haaretz.com so they can grasp that there are pro-Palestine Jews everywhere, including in Israel and the Knesset and the IDF. It's such an obvious point that it shouldn't need explaining, but you hear it everywhere.

(The Haaretz paywall can be beaten with a Chrome/Firefox extension iamadamdev - Overview).

A lot of the people who unthinkingly criticise all Israelis are falling into the trap of anti-semitism, perhaps without realising it. I try to encourage them to read Haaretz.com so they can grasp that there are pro-Palestine Jews everywhere, including in Israel and the Knesset and the IDF. It's such an obvious point that it shouldn't need explaining, but you hear it everywhere.

(The Haaretz paywall can be beaten with a Chrome/Firefox extension iamadamdev - Overview).

In the IDF?

In the IDF?
You’re probably aware of this org:

Of course. They have National Service and conscription, for men and women. Being in the IDF has turned quite a few people into pacifists. How can you not know that? Don't you read books or newspapers or go to the cinema?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom