Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gaza under attack yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway...

Anyone else feeling a slight sense of exasperation at the general flavour of news following Israel's decision to scale back its assault on the people of Gaza? All that "phew, thank goodness it's over" stuff, as if this was some kind of natural phenomenon, and not just a cynical, cold-hearted and calculated political act by an increasingly pariah state...

All you've done is try to derail...and cause arguments.
Like I said before...
Fuck off .
if you look back you'll see i have not and am not derailing or trying to derail the thread. i have asked you questions which you don't seem to have the intellectual wherewithal to answer. your repeated swearing shows you don't care about and are not engaged in the subject of the thread, being here rather to undermine the discussion. why not return to under the stone from whence you slithered?

Last edited:
All you've done is try to derail...and cause arguments.
Like I said before...
Fuck off .
Another one, huh? The way you tell it, it's like only you are manfully trying to hold the thread on track while a gang of backsliders constantly (de)personalise you and demand factually-based material in an increasingly desperate attempt to derail it...

Still, it's lucky you've always got the swearing to fall back on.

while pleased she's discovered a conscience disappointed none of the domestic policies of the govt pricked it

Agree with your sentiment.

I wonder if this will start to turn into a cluster fuck for Cameron et al for having been so blindly pro-zionist- what with Warsi's resignation, clear evidence of zionist atrocities that are coming out in published reports (even the Haaretz is calling for investigations into the Rafah massacre), questions into arms sales to the zionist entity.

From the Guardian

Israel’s oldest daily newspaper Haaretz has called for an investigation into the army’s actions following the suspected kidnapping of Hadar Goldin. Goldin was declared dead in action on Sunday. The paper states:

Israel has a moral obligation to investigate precisely what happened in Rafah — and this is regardless of any international demand to probe the allegations of war crimes. It must be ascertained whether the IDF chief of staff and the political echelon were aware in real time of the heavy fire directed at residential neighborhoods and its tragic consequences, as well as the intensity of the attacks on Rafah even after Goldin’s death was confirmed.

Say what you will about Baroness Warsi but this will generate a lot of negative spin for Cameron domestically:

Unfortunately there will be plenty of Tories and Kippers that will be well happy to have one less Asian around. Can't see it hurting them sadly.

Unfortunately there will be plenty of Tories and Kippers that will be well happy to have one less Asian around. Can't see it hurting them sadly.
Eh, it's going to be a clusterfuck, see the tweet by Tim Montgomerie just below your post. Loads of infighting, particularly if Warsi wants to hurt the Tories/Cameron, and the timing of her resignation would seem to indicate she does.

Eh, it's going to be a clusterfuck, see the tweet by Tim Montgomerie just below your post. Loads of infighting, particularly if Warsi wants to hurt the Tories/Cameron, and the timing of her resignation would seem to indicate she does.

It is Warsi though - to borrow a phrase, noone is going to go to the mattresses over her (edit) stance on this issue. She is the Claire Short of this Government.

The Tory peer told HuffPost UK that one of the reasons she resigned on Tuesday morning, despite the signing of yet another temporary ceasefire agreement between Israel and Hamas, was because she wanted to see those who are alleged to have committed war crimes over the past four weeks, both in Gaza and in Israel, held to account - but did not believe that the British government would support that process. "As the minister for the International Criminal Court, I’ve spent the last two and a half years helping to promote, support and fund the ICC. I felt I could not reconcile this with our continued pressure on the Palestinian leadership not to turn to the ICC to seek justice."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/08/04/bw_0_n_5649007.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

Ah.

Warsi saidL "I’ve spent the last two and a half years helping to promote, support and fund the ICC." She misses Ken Clarke.

That's, er, zero defenders of the concept of international law, ICC or ECHR, left on the Tory front bench, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom