Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Freedom Press, firebombed - donations being accepted

Regards to paypal:

Looks like I'll have to get off my arse find ye olde cheque book and scribe.

Hi Firky,
Many thanks for starting this thread. I keep updating the website with stuff – there's links to some photos and news items now, and I'm told there'll be something in the Guardian tomorrow.

On donations, a cheque is fine. Make it out to Freedom Press and send it to Freedom Press, 84b Whitechapel High Street, London E1 7QX. We don't have a PayPal account.

Still in a bit of a state of shock!

Cheers,
Jayne

The person who wrote that mail was in the shop when it was attacked by C18 twenty years ago in 1993

Holy shit, and she's still soldering on despite. Much respect, must be terrifying and difficult for her to sleep.

Nicely spotted.

Not going to moan about not having a paypal account now, I will get off my arse and find the cheque book, failing that a postal order.

FridgeMagnet anychance of a sticky or changing the title to have the word 'donations' in the title?

Regards to paypal:

Looks like I'll have to get off my arse find ye olde cheque book and scribe.

Hi Firky,
Many thanks for starting this thread. I keep updating the website with stuff – there's links to some photos and news items now, and I'm told there'll be something in the Guardian tomorrow.

On donations, a cheque is fine. Make it out to Freedom Press and send it to Freedom Press, 84b Whitechapel High Street, London E1 7QX. We don't have a PayPal account.

Still in a bit of a state of shock!

Cheers,
Jayne​

I've popped a cheque in the post, and circulated the plea. I'm sorry I can't lend a hand with the clear up, but I hope they get plenty of bodies.

Holy shit, and she's still soldering on despite. Much respect, must be terrifying and difficult for her to sleep.

Nicely spotted.

Not going to moan about not having a paypal account now, I will get off my arse and find the cheque book, failing that a postal order.

FridgeMagnet anychance of a sticky or changing the title to have the word 'donations' in the title?
Yeah, could do, hold on a mo.

:mad:

cunts

not sure i've been near this bookshop in ages, but still :mad:

sunny jim - bus map for aldgate-ish here (opens as PDF) - the 40 will set you down somewhere in Aldgate Bus Station, this shows where Whitechapel High Street is in relation to the bus station (and where to get on bus to go back to London Bridge)

Similar lot for London Bridge here, since the bus station seems to be out of action.

"An east London store known as “Britain’s largest anarchist bookshop” has been badly damaged in a suspected firebomb attack."

Britains biggest anarchist bookshop? All a bit "Baghdad's biggest kosher butcher" tbf.
I went there once. Full of ex public school boys in baggy jeans.
And WTF's an 'anarchist bookshop' anyway...shouldn't it be a fuckin library, with a 'bring it back sometime if you're bothered' lending policy?

Sorry. But someone had to say it. Just cos it might have been combat 18 or an EDL offshoot doesn't make it into a sacred cow. I got totally leathered by combat 18 once and, frankly, you wouldn't have checked your back pocket for a bit of slummy for me. Await your responses when it turns out to have been dodgy wiring cos some Jeremy who fancied putting his 'dignity of labour' schtick into practice fucked right up.

"An east London store known as “Britain’s largest anarchist bookshop” has been badly damaged in a suspected firebomb attack."

Britains biggest anarchist bookshop? All a bit "Baghdad's biggest kosher butcher" tbf.
And WTF's an 'anarchist bookshop' anyway...shouldn't it be a fuckin library, with a 'bring it back sometime if you're bothered' lending policy?

Sorry. But someone had to say it. Just cos it might have been combat 18 or an EDL offshoot doesn't make it into a sacred cow. I got totally leathered by combat 18 once and, frankly, you wouldn't have checked your back pocket for a bit of slummy for me. Await your responses when it turns out to have been dodgy wiring cos some Jeremy who fancied putting his 'dignity of labour' schtick into practice fucked right up.

Welcome but your post is :confused:

No one has to spend money at Freedom or donate to cover its costs.

If you need money help, apply to your local anti-cuts or claimant support group to help get what you can.

Don't believe you. It's never full.

Define 'full'. I was going with the sole occupant sense.

Don't believe that either. :)

Ok...so you don't believe they beat people up, or that I wasn't one of them? What kind of people do/ did they beat up? What kind of person am I?
Welcome but your post is :confused:

No one has to spend money at Freedom or donate to cover its costs.

If you need money help, apply to your local anti-cuts or claimant support group to help get what you can.

I didn't post that as an appeal for funds. I'm just not an anarchist. Nor do I especially like anarchists. All the 'anarchists' I've met are either confused youths in search of a label, poseurs on a 'gap' or outright middle-class vegan sandal wearers or whatever the expression is who would doubtless have been Methodist missionaries to Abyssinia if they'd been born a bit earlier; or touring the East End to redeem fallen women. I don't doubt your sincerity or solidarity with well meaning pseudo leftists but as far as I'm concerned they can go fuck themselves.

I used to go there regularly a few years ago, and I never encountered any public school types and my inverted snobbery antennae is second to none.

You sound like a wanker.

Back
Top Bottom