Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Free Castles on St Andrews Day Weekend

Ooh, cheers for the heads up, I'm going to share on FB, make sure as many people as possible know :D

Been to Dirleton and Tantallon Castles more times than I can mention having grown up in East Lothian. My mum had a recurring nightmare about one of my brothers falling over the sea gate at Tantallon so I might not take the kids there just yet :oops: Never been to Blackness though :hmm::)

I had a fine St. Andrews day at Blackness and Tantallon Castle. Never made it to Dirleton unfortunately!

2013-11-30+15.36.02.jpg

2013-11-30+15.03.24.jpg

2013-11-30+15.37.43.jpg

Think English Heritage or whatever they're called now do a similar thing DotCommunist

I hoped that they were giving away free castles though. I'd have taken a ruined one with a single structurally sound tower and I'd live in it. Preferably on a wild moor so people could happen upon it all tired

'Come! stable your animals in the old barracks. I've not much to offer but you may eat of my food and sleep in my hearth heat'

'Gratitude good sir, we are simple travellers headed for Iona'

'Iona?! this time of year? You are fools or mad- come. Break bread with me and discuss this foolish pilgrimage'

Back
Top Bottom