Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dark days indeed: Irn Bru shortage!

Back in the day, Barr used to get their fizz from the CO2 plant at the Hunterston Nuclear Power Station - Until that unfortunate "contamination incident" forced them to find a new supplier.

Back in the mid/late 1990s, I remember watching the Barr tankers pulling-up for filling at the plant from a research boat out in the Firth of Clyde - about every 20-30 minutes, day-in day out - Maybe they could revert?

Back in the day, Barr used to get their fizz from the CO2 plant at the Hunterston Nuclear Power Station - Until that unfortunate "contamination incident" forced them to find a new supplier.

Back in the mid/late 1990s, I remember watching the Barr tankers pulling-up for filling at the plant from a research boat out in the Firth of Clyde - about every 20-30 minutes, day-in day out - Maybe they could revert?
Plant is shutting down in 2023 so might not be worth it..nice idea though.

In a pub recently they only had sugar-free colas so I asked what full fat sugar drinks they had and he said Irn Bru. It had sweeteners in it. I do not like the taste of sweeteners so that's me and Irn Bru finished. Finished.
Adulterating it with strong liquor might help...?

In a pub recently they only had sugar-free colas so I asked what full fat sugar drinks they had and he said Irn Bru. It had sweeteners in it. I do not like the taste of sweeteners so that's me and Irn Bru finished. Finished.
It tastes nasty now it has artificial sweeteners in - shame, as it was always a decent bottle of pop. No longer. :(

It tastes nasty now it has artificial sweeteners in - shame, as it was always a decent bottle of pop. No longer. :(
You can still get the no-sweeteners version.

O24XEpx14ihSYnJZoN2n5Qad2UHNO4t2MZtOuqsK9enC6GTKG2yaOA1qKfOVolsuQdjIGL1ukbodT_YPfXKvb7PptwMFn5jC1Cq6s2sCGHfKQQ

ocado will deliver it, happy days :D

Back
Top Bottom