Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dark days indeed: Irn Bru shortage!

i was 20 around that time sure sex and boobs was a main advertising point for quite a number of years till mid 00's

:hmm:

In a pub recently they only had sugar-free colas so I asked what full fat sugar drinks they had and he said Irn Bru. It had sweeteners in it. I do not like the taste of sweeteners so that's me and Irn Bru finished. Finished.
Don't know if it's available south of the border but Home Bargains do the original for £1.99 a bottle, it was supposed to be for a limitted time but .....

maybe it like why i have a comfort reaction to tk red lemonade i was under ten last time i had it :)
still have not tried the original irun brew mix yet

but mother was nice to me for easter

TK_Red_Lemonade_2_Litres_2253_T1.jpg

can confirm its still badass as a mixer :D

still have not tried the original irun brew mix yet

but mother was nice to me for easter

TK_Red_Lemonade_2_Litres_2253_T1.jpg

can confirm its still badass as a mixer :D
I remember back in the day NI friends in Scotland specifying in pubs that they wanted white lemonade and me saying that was the only colour there was and them saying there was also red lemonade and me saying that was red cola and you didn't get it in pubs and us all ending up very confused. :D

ah the poor ulster lot you can get nash's red lemonade in england, can see why they wanted the white

now TK its a southern thing and omg is it lovely, i normally don't drink minerals anymore but dear god

Reactions: Sue
The Irn Bru 1901 version is OK but not as good as the old one with caffeine. :(
Agreed. Whilst being far superior to the new "light" version, with sweeteners, and as such I will get more when I run out of the current batch, it's still joy quite right. I can't see why they revised the 1901 recipe and not the final iteration that people actually wanted.

I remember back in the day NI friends in Scotland specifying in pubs that they wanted white lemonade and me saying that was the only colour there was and them saying there was also red lemonade and me saying that was red cola and you didn't get it in pubs and us all ending up very confused. :D

Is red lemonade like red diesel, only for use in an agricultural context and with a reduced rate of duty?

I was going to say, surely there must be enough extra CO2 knocking around in the atmosphere that we can capture some of the fucking stuff and put in back into the lovely bru?

That's what I was thinking. Looking things up, it seems that there are quite a few air separation facilities in the UK (BOC Gases claim to have 12 facilities across the UK and Ireland, others may exist), and CO2 is extracted before the main part of the cryogenic process; apparently it can freeze and gum up the works.

So we have the capability, but it's not reaching its full potential.

That's what I was thinking. Looking things up, it seems that there are quite a few air separation facilities in the UK (BOC Gases claim to have 12 facilities across the UK and Ireland, others may exist), and CO2 is extracted before the main part of the cryogenic process; apparently it can freeze and gum up the works.

So we have the capability, but it's not reaching its full potential.
There's also Air Liquide, Praxair and Linde BOC are one company now.

Water/moisture is also definitely removed from any gas separation process prior to cooling as ice can form and ruin the process hardware.

Back
Top Bottom