Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Former Billericay owner Glenn Tamplin takes over Romford FC

Glenn Tamplin sounds like a Martin Amis grotesque. Clinicism boys, clinicism.

Kim Twemlow is the new purchase btw

Some notes here from the Billericay Town fans forum tonight - wages up to £20k per week and we even get a mention.
Billericay Town - fans' forum - Phoenix FM

This bloke really is an absolute tossbag. They're going to bulldoze their way into the play offs thanks to their obscene wage budget and deny another club, that has run itself responsibly for the majority of the season, the opportunity to get in the play offs.

It's the nauseating delusions of grandeur that are truly repulsive, as well. I don't know what he finds so spectacular about throwing grotesque amounts of money at players who are clearly only turning up for the cash. It's just classless and crude. As was the way they booted out Craig Edwards, an individual I have many fond memories of from during his time here.

I look forward to their Croydon Athletic-esque implosion. Their fans will bemoan their woes when it happens, but they've had their chance to challenge this egotistical bovine and they've done nothing; they've just turned up to his cheap player parading charades and drunk his free booze.

Last edited:
This bloke really is an absolute tossbag. They're going to bulldoze their way into the play offs thanks to their obscene wage budget and deny another club, that has run itself responsibly for the majority of the season, the opportunity to get in the play offs.

It's the nauseating delusions of grandeur that are truly repulsive, as well. I don't know what he finds so spectacular about throwing grotesque amounts of money at players who are clearly only turning up for the cash. It's just classless and crude. As was the way they booted out Craig Edwards, an individual I have many fond memories of during his time here.

I look forward to their Croydon Athletic-esque implosion. Their fans will bemoan their woes when it happens, but they've had their chance to challenge this egotistical bovine and they've done nothing; they've just turned up to his cheap player parading charades and drunk his free booze.

If we can beat them on sat we may just stop that playoff run.

Tamplin - Trump - same multi millionaire delusional aspirations

(lets hope the Russians haven't infiltrated "The only way is Essex")

Last edited:
"Billericay have also completed the signing of Hemel Hempstead Town striker Jake Robinson for a fee of £24,000." WTF???

O'Hara hasn't played for so long, don't think we have anything to worry about. This bloke on the other hand has scored a shed load of goals in the league above and will likely slot straight in.

Part of me thinks get them out of this league as quickly as possible! And when his over priced money grabbing wasters have had enough of travelling around the south of England on cold winter Tuesday evenings sit back and watch them implode.

Could be at the Hamlet's expense though. That's my dread.

Weekly wage bill of £20k now apparently; £1m a year.

Providing we don't lose both games against them, I think they'll struggle to catch us. They might still sneak into the playoffs though, which would be tough.

A win this Saturday would be absolutely massive.

As was the way they booted out Craig Edwards, an individual I have many fond memories of from during his time here.

Craig wasn't booted out - he quit, which is the mark of the man. After all there can be few managers at this level of football who wouldn't leap on a mega salary just for the title pf manager whilst all the key work, the buying, the selling, the selection and the tactics are all decided by a loads-a-money owner.

I really hope you beat Billericay twice even if it means you taking our play-off place. We are out of form anyway and we have to play Billericay at home last game of the season - I can't bear the thought of them celebrating getting into the play-offs at our place.....
A sea of fake tan, prosecco and brand-new club scarves. Yeah... please don't let that happen.

I really hope you beat Billericay twice even if it means you taking our play-off place. We are out of form anyway and we have to play Billericay at home last game of the season - I can't bear the thought of them celebrating getting into the play-offs at our place.....
I hope you crush their wideboy success-buying dreams and destroy them.

Interesting Loads-a-money mentioned Mick Woodward and Grays at that forum given the similarity in the scenario so far. Money man comes in after an aborted attempt to buy a Football League club, brings in high value players, gets rid of manager and takes over job himself (Quote: Why pay someone else to run the club while I can do it?). Check! Oh and not much time left on the lease, five in Grays' case, 7 in Billericay.. History seems to be repeating itself..
When Saturday Comes - Gray days

Have any Billericay supporters clubs/individuals voiced any concerns about their new benefactor? Or are they all just in it for the heavily sponsored $$$$$ ride?

Not that I have seen. If you even ask a question, then Tamplin just blocks you on Twitter seemingly. It does amaze me how quickly fans can just think about the short-term quick success on the pitch; and put aside any questions on stability, structure, future ownership and debt etc.

It will be interesting to see what pans out at Pompey. The Board have just entered into a 70 day exclusive negotiation agreement with the ex-CEO of Disney to negotiate a purchase offer. The offer will be put to the 15 Presidents (fans that put up over £50K each for normal shares) and the Trust (1000s of fans that put up £1K to be a owner, and have a 48% controlling 'golden share' stake). The debate on fan ownership / stability / slower growth vs increased investment and the potential for quicker success is going to be interesting to say the least over the coming weeks. We will get to vote on whether to accept or turn down offer.... It does worry me that we could actually become a Mickey Mouse club! Given his background, then I'm sure his PR will be very slick and persuasive. [am I on the right message board?]

The Board have just entered into a 70 day exclusive negotiation agreement with the ex-CEO of Disney to negotiate a purchase offer

Guessing the quips about Pompey becoming a Mickey Mouse club have already been flying out of St Mary's?

In truth...hypothetically, what could you do if our owners sold to a Tamplin-like figure, apart from moan? You can't stop someone taking over...at least a Pompey it's down to the fans what route they will take.

In truth...hypothetically, what could you do if our owners sold to a Tamplin-like figure, apart from moan? You can't stop someone taking over...at least a Pompey it's down to the fans what route they will take.
Sometimes moaning can get results. If some rich wideboy zero-experience cunt bought the club and decided to elect himself manager, I'd spend my time on the Streatham Rovers touchlines instead. If it existed.

Otherwise, I'd start supporting Peckham until the aforementioned twat had departed.

Sometimes the celeb factor can be instrumental in attracting new fans through the gate. In 'Ricay's case that seems to have equated to a doubling of the gates, which may or may not be fleeting, time will tell. In the case of levered the honeymoon party seems long over now that the reality of a relegation battle has set in. Going back to the wage budget too, wondering about the wage structure down there as heard the figure of £10k prior to the arrival of Konchevsky and O'Hara which now seems to have gone to £20k. Wonder if there's a big gap between the "celeb" signings wage packet and those of the players that have a proven record of success at this level of Non-League football? Given the choice of paying top dollar for players like Billy Bricknell, Adam Cunnington, Alan Julian, Rob Swaine and there ilk and a has-been former pro, I know where I'd be sticking my cash.

Back
Top Bottom