Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Former Billericay owner Glenn Tamplin takes over Romford FC

Westley is very much his own man so can't see him putting up with an owner who wants to be a manager
I would think most experienced managers who've enjoyed any tangible success would think twice about working for an owner like that. You'd have to be desperate for a manager's job, and he'll want someone with a big name.

You're all forgetting the elephant in the room.
He'll appoint himself, won't he! Otherwise it'll be someone who was relatively successful at a higher level years ago and has been increasingly less successful in each subsequent job. Steve McClaren perhaps!

Westley is very much his own man so can't see him putting up with an owner who wants to be a manager

Agreed if Westley wanted to manage again at this level, he has the wherewithal to just purchase a club that suits his modus operandi and run it the way he wants it to be run.

Unfortunately you seem to have thought that money can buy you everything, it now explains the 'bribe' of a donation of DVDs for the raffles on the Dooley Bueses to away games, for which I thank you for, especially the one of Skins which I had never watched...much sexier than the programems of my youth...a Grange Hill on acid!
However, I am afraid I am not in a position to give up my current role as 50/50 seller at Champion Hill, so will have to decline...even though Ricay are CLEARLY in need of a proper 50/50 seller themselves. I hope you can arrange to have the two tickets that were sold to me at the postponed game before it was postponed to be swapped over for two new ones in the draw that evening...as the seller that day made no attempt to find me for a refund.

Last edited:
However, I am afraid I am not in a position to give up my current role as 50/50 seller at Champion Hill, so will have to decline...even though Ricay are CLEARLY in need of a proper 50/50 seller themselves. I hope you can arrange to have the two tickets that were sold to me at the postponed game before it was postponed to be swapped over for two new ones in the draw that evening...as the seller that day made no attempt to find me for a refund.
If they'd already sold tickets surely it would make more sense to just do the draw rather than find everyone who bought one for a refund? Wouldn't have been a big prize, but more chance of winning!

Shall start taking Project Tamplin seriously when the New Lodge pitch
Is ripped up and replaced with a decent surface rather than the continued investment in building a side fit for National League level. Who's the next new arrival I wonder?

Shall start taking Project Tamplin seriously when the New Lodge pitch
Is ripped up and replaced with a decent surface rather than the continued investment in building a side fit for National League level. Who's the next new arrival I wonder?

Like you say Griff, its fine signing these names but they are about as good as i am on shit pitches ( i only want £500 a week) :D

"Billericay have also completed the signing of Hemel Hempstead Town striker Jake Robinson for a fee of £24,000." WTF???

GT: We are teetering on the edge about Billericay Town being a PR stunt. Mark Wright wants 20% of the club, but doesn’t want to inject any cash – he will bring enhanced media attention instead.

I will bring Mark in if he brings something tangible to the club.
I actually feel sorry for Billericay fans. Whatever success this clown buys is going to be hollow and short lived.

Oh my Lord. Have you seen their winning badge design?

Club-Badge.png

It's like a cheesy Blue Peter badge.

:facepalm:

Reactions: EDC
Back
Top Bottom