Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Former Billericay owner Glenn Tamplin takes over Romford FC

Goes prior to Mr Tamplin aborted purchase of The Daggers but post his aborted purchase of Bishops Stortford but makes for interesting reading
DiggerDagger.com - An Independent Dagenham & Redbridge FC Website

At a stroke, Billericay have become a team I wish every catastrophe on.
I just hope Tamplin goes quickly before (a) buying promotion at the expense of a stable and properly run club and (b) ruining Billericay beyond repair. (In that order.)

According to press in Essex, Craig Edwards has resigned, and local wideboy and owner Glenn Tamplin will be managing the side this weekend.

On top of that, he just signed Paul Konchesky...

Let's hope it goes better than when they tried to defrost the pitch with kettles...

What could possibly go wrong?

I just can't take a club seriously with a badge like that

large-bluepeter.jpg

"I spent money I don't have to get my football club."

From what I've heard he's not a bad semi-pro footballer, youth career at West Ham, Spurs and the Goners. Seems of late though he "signs" for clubs when they need a ;little bit of publicity which I believe was the case in his time with Heybridge Swifts..
Mark Wright (TV personality) - Wikipedia

OK this goal is not quite Ashley Carew, the way is a bit fragile and its a comedian in goal but not bad must say

Reactions: YTC
Managers who do well with a big budget eh? What odds on Steve King heading for Billericay in the near future? Interesting choice of number 2 there with Justin Gardner (former Aveley boss) there. Not only did well with limited resources at the Millers but should be used to a poor pitch. Guess this article was written prior to Saturday's win so that 80% would be 7.2 wins out of nine. Round it down and that should be six wins out of the last eight games. 2 of those games are against the Hamlet and they also have to play play off chasing Leiston & Enfield Town at home and Needham Market away. Add in a away day to Leatherhead, third bottom, and games against Kingstonian and Canvey Island, four points off the relegation places, and I get the feeling he may not achieve his target.

And I get the feeling that his relationship with facts is roughly on a par with the Donald's. Meaning they could lose all nine and if he still feels like taking it on, he will.

“I am really enjoying it and I know the boys missed me on Tuesday. I had got some very bad news and I couldn’t be at the game but I got some nice messages afterwards from the lads saying they missed me on the touchline."

If he just get's some 'very bad(!) news' every time they lose then he can retain his 100% win record.

Managers who do well with a big budget eh? What odds on Steve King heading for Billericay in the near future? Interesting choice of number 2 there with Justin Gardner (former Aveley boss) there. Not only did well with limited resources at the Millers but should be used to a poor pitch. Guess this article was written prior to Saturday's win so that 80% would be 7.2 wins out of nine. Round it down and that should be six wins out of the last eight games. 2 of those games are against the Hamlet and they also have to play play off chasing Leiston & Enfield Town at home and Needham Market away. Add in a away day to Leatherhead, third bottom, and games against Kingstonian and Canvey Island, four points off the relegation places, and I get the feeling he may not achieve his target.
My money would be on Gary Hill. He tends to sniff these boom-and-bust opportunities out and is an Essex lad I think. Actually, it isn't. My money is on Glenn Tamplin.

Reactions: YTC
Justin Edinburgh - proven track record, managed them before, out of work, likes working with money at non league level (Fisher)

Reactions: SDE
Back
Top Bottom