Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Footballer Marcus Rashford fights for free school meals

Occurs to me that the stock excuse they should have trotted out is "I misspoke", but I guess they figured that excuse was a bit worn out at the moment and so they had to pivot to something else.

They're unlucky, really.

Are they going to u turn again like last time ?
It's certainly delicately poised.

I'm not politicaliterate enough to see all the pieces, but feels like it's certainly a question of "which does the least damage overall" rather than actually coming out with a "win".

Sad to say, as has been mentioned there probably are quite a few who buy into the "parents' responsibility, breeds dependence" schtick, and there will inevitably be another bastard-mad story along shortly to divert attention again.

Half-term put this issue back on the table, maybe Christmas is close enough to keep it in the cycle, where other times it might drop out?

Yep. They might reason that it’s too late the damage has already been done (to their popularity i mean) and trying to climb out of the hole now would just lose them the other lot, who think this was a good decision because hungry people need to pull their socks up etc.

About Ian Levy MP for Blyth Valley.
ElCcXy6XUAIXapO

"Known him all his life"... "I'm his younger brother"

YOUR STORY DOESN'T STACK UP, GRAHAME :mad:

<edit: I'm sorry, Grahame, I misread and thought you said you were his younger brother, when in fact you said he is your younger brother. My comments were taken out of context, and I'd hope you would rise above organising an internet pile on, which I feel is beneath us both>

I've accidentally seen too many people saying "well, my Mum brought us up on two bits of cheese stolen from the mice, and she still worked 300 hours a week" to think this is going to play badly.

Plus a post that claimed that parents get extra money for their kids in the holidays anyway, so why worry? Lots of people pointed out that that wasn't true, but hundreds of people liked her comment.

Plus comments about cutting off your Sky subscription to pay for food.

It's going to play well with some people.

Cunts. It's going to play well with cunts.

Great mix of pettiness and passive aggression. I am yet to see a good response from any of them.

He's the real victim here, clearly.

I think these people genuinely feel no sense of dissonance in their position that we shouldn't feel sorry for hungry kids but we should feel sorry for tories when they get called names. The consequences of their actions are unmistakably evil, but do they themselves even have enough basic sentience to be called evil? I honestly don't know. They're basically just viruses with twitter accounts at this point.

I think if there was a school where 75% of the kids had a social worker they'd be using it as proof the social work budget needs cutting.

They
Bradley's said his comments were taken out of context. That's what Rayner should have said about her 'scum' remark.

Raynor's apology should have been "I'm sorry for singling you out as scum."

What do you mean by that? Because it eliminates the responsibility for Government to deal with?
We shouldn’t be happy or celebrating charities and private businesses having to feed poor children. Saying they are the backbone of this country and the implication that that is somehow a good thing is monstrous. We should be utterly furious. We should be stringing up those responsible from the nearest lamppost.

We shouldn’t be happy or celebrating charities and private businesses having to feed poor children. Saying they are the backbone of this country and the implication that that is somehow a good thing is monstrous. We should be utterly furious. We should be stringing up those responsible from the nearest lamppost.
I disagree but fair enough.

Are they going to u turn again like last time ?
Considering they pretty much all voted for it, knowing full well what it meant and no other party did (apart from the DUP) it's going to be tough for them all to say "oops we were all wrong about that". That's not just admitting you were wrong, that's admitting that you knew you were wrong but the wrong thing you did was something so shitty you couldn't keep it down.
They daily do plenty of shitty things, this one is just harder for them to save face from. Really badly thought through, especially as it already happened once before this year. Dumbarses.

Cunts. It's going to play well with cunts.
Can confirm. Checked in to see what’s going on under the line over at daily mail towers and whoever they are commenting there they love this, symbolic of the whole idea of small state, fend for yourself, not the governments job to feed the feckless etc isnt it. Maybe some people find this return to normal reassuring after all the profligacy of the ‘whatever it takes’ stuff from sunak.

I agree. Luckily I see this point being used to hold the government to account in the media . . . well for now. I have not seen them respond though.
"do you agree that the charities, communities and local businesses stepping in to help should be applauded?" . . . it's a question with a 'no win' answer, probably why I haven't heard anyone respond to it yet. I'm sure they will have got some spin ready soon though.

Can confirm. Checked in to see what’s going on under the line over at daily mail towers and whoever they are commenting there they love this, symbolic of the whole idea of small state, fend for yourself, not the governments job to feed the feckless etc isnt it.

Indeed. But killer b has a point. While it still chaps my arse that Tory twats are appealing to them, the cunty commentators aren't representative.

Back
Top Bottom