Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Flatshares

Xanadu said:
I think maybe I have a subconscious disliking of leytonstone from the last time I was there, after a coke & alcohol fuelled night, I woke up next to a rather interesting women. Suffice to say, the main memory of that leytonstone was walking up to the tube station with a rather strong urge to retch. Repeatedly.

you didn't go to zulu's did you?

if so you deserve everything you get.

anyway, don't talk about my mother like that. she says if you'd hung around for breakfast you'd have got her legendary deep-fried spam sandwiches.

bluestreak said:
you didn't go to zulu's did you?

if so you deserve everything you get.

anyway, don't talk about my mother like that. she says if you'd hung around for breakfast you'd have got her legendary deep-fried spam sandwiches.
Nah, the night started near moorgate. Apparently I was too fucked to go home alone so I was taken by someone I worked with. Didn't realise your mum was a 20-year old student :p

Room available central Brixton for 3 months from end of June. Sharing with a couple, 2 minutes from tube, wireless broadband, Freeview TV, large attic room available. £100/week. PM for details.

South London

Looking for a flatshare in one of Battersea, Clapham, Brixton areas or roundabouts them. Just moved down from Scotland, looking to move in to new place within the next few weeks. Please PM me with any good news - cheers!

A little poky room

Miscellaneous said:
I`m looking for a poky little room (anywhere) where i can pay next to nothing for it. I`m deadly serious too. But I can`t afford to pay anywhere near as much as people ask for.

I have lived in a little poky flat and loved it. The bed came out of the wall. Everything was at hand. I couldn't collect any clutter. My days in that flat made me think about size and design. If something is well designed, it doesn't matter how small it is. What I most needed was storage space that did not take up floor space, so I designed my own system made up of lots of small cubes that can be aranged in different ways. Also, when I move, I can take it with me and arrange it in different ways.

Good luck with your search and I hope you will be happy in your little grotto when you find it

Want to move south

Need to move by the end of July. I'm looking for a decent sized room in a nice house, preferably south of the river, somewhere near a northern line station. London Bridge, Oval, Stockwell, etc. Ideally north of Brixton - not quite brave enough to live in Brixton yet. ;)

Must be smoker friendly, with sociable people, eccentrics fine but no nutters.

Can pay up to around the 500 quid/month mark.

I'm tidy, house trained, charismatic and a sheer delight to live with.

Double room available for one month

I've got a db room available in July and Ausgust. £425. No bills. East Dulwich.

PM me if interested.

Cheers

Thanks for the offer, but really looking for somewhere a bit north of Brixton - need to get back north of the river each day for work!

;)

Room In Kilburn

KILBURN W6 (zone 2) ... 5 Minutes from the TUBE

DOUBLE bedroom with an EN SUITE shower/toilet

£90 exclusive available immediately

sharing with 1 english guy(myself), in full time employment, and 2 japanese students, (here to study english) 1 male 1 female. both very lovely. We're all in early twenties...

FIVE minutes walk from Kilburn Tube. Central London takes
Buses 30 seconds from the front door that go straight down edgware road to marble arch/oxford st.

FITTED KITCHEN, washing machine, gas stove and electric oven.
2 other bathrooms! one has a bath/jacuzzi! (we're not sure if it works yet... :confused: ) other has a shower

now just to get our guidelines bit out of the way....

PLEASE CONTACT ME ONLY IF YOU WILL LIVE TIDILY! (i like it clean, though am not perfect by any stretch)
now, my japanese homies are used to great cleanliness, dirty flatmates simply would not work with our place! they're always cleaning, so if you want to live somewhere clean i'm sure you'll be very happy here. please don't leave it all to them though, take part too!

also... somebody wanting to live fairly quietly would be good... somebody who likes to party all the time might be putting us others out. no smoking and definitely no drugs please! (anyone who knew the porshiebo of old may be surprised to read that last statement ;) ;))

really, we are not all dry boring fuckers though! we may not do drugs, but we do still go squat parties for example!!! heeheehee... :D :D yes, tis a relaxed happy place, and I'm really enjoying living with japanese people (i'm learning the language too, so if anyone wants to learn jap, one of my flatmates is actually a japanese language teacher (that's how we met)

this place would certainly suit students that aren't messy and/or stoners (would be great for a med student for example) i'm still a student at heart, just working full time so that i can get cash together to travel

the intention of the previous post was to put off most people except those who really intend to get on with it... if you do then send me a PM!

My flatmates are moving out on mass (nothing to do with me, honest) and if I want to stay I will need to rent out their three rooms.

Available end of August:

3 Large rooms in characterful shoreditch flat, literally 5 minutes walk from Liverpool Station.

2 Bathrooms, Lounge, Smallish Kitchen, Central Heating, W/M, Zen Broadband.

Rent is £540/cm Bills are £45/cm (+share of the broadband if you use it)
Deposit 6 weeks.

PM me if you are interested or if you know anyone who may be interested.

Thanks

T

I`ll be needing a room at the start of September, just posting up early in case anything comes up.

Preferably in or around Brixton, being close to tube/overland is a massive plus. I`ve got a cat, she`s well behaved & house trained but obviously needs to be welcome too - because of that outside access/space/a garden would be great. Can pay about 400/month ex bills. I`m pretty easygoing and sociable, like going out drinking etc, would be good if housemates were similar. If anyone is posting up anything relavent please PM me too?

Cheers :)

alright.
There's a room available in our house from 15th July. In London Fields, close to park and buses (Kingsland Road and Mare Street). Sharing with 4 people (mid to late 20s, nice, fairly quiet house but up for the odd party), it's a lovely old house with big garden and big kitchen and big lounge. Room is on the small side but definitely double, with a great built in book shelf taht can store loads of stuff and extra storage space too. £370/month + bills (about £30/month council tax + the rest), £516 deposit (was 6 weeks rent when we moved in).
pm me if yr interested...

Looking for flat mate(s) to join me and the boyfriend in flat/house hunting. Looking for a place around camden/islington to move in around end of July - from 21st onwards. Have 2 cats with us so must like cats. We're both pretty laid back and work in music related jobs - one guitar technician, one in music marketing - but we still like a relatively quiet (and tidy) home. Students welcome - I've just graduated so used to living with students. Need someone who'd pay about £130 a week as we're looking at £300 per week flats. Email me: annabelhouse @ hotmail . com if you're interested/ want more info.

annabel

I am moving out and my superb room at the Elephant will be available to the most impressive candidate (or whoever will take it):

The room is quite small, but the house is large and spacious; the lounge has numerous sofas as well as a spare bed, and the kitchen has a separate dining area. There is even a small back yard!

The Elephant, for those who don't know, is in zone 1, right on the edge of central london. Waterloo is a 10 minutes walk; another 10 minutes and you're in the centre of town. Elephant & Castle station is 2 minutes walk away, on northern, bakerloo, and overground lines; the Elephant is also on more than 30 bus routes.

Your £370 includes everything; £320 goes to the landlord, and the remaining £50 covers everything else, including unlimited wireless broadband. Slight sting in the tail is the £480 deposit, although that is really only expensive compared to the cheap rent!

The others are a varied and friendly bunch, some you wont see for days of a time, others never seem to leave the sofa (oh no, that's me...). There is ample opportunity to spend social time with others in the house, although no obligation to do so!

I need to move out by the 15th; pm me! :)

Kinsales and I are going to Uni up at Russell Sq. in September and we're looking for a place to live. We can afford up to £200 a week tops and ideally looking for a little 1 bedroom flat with enough space to study/sleep/chill/not go stir crazy. If anyone has or knows a place like this that's relatively close to Russell Square (Kinsales doesn't like commuting) can they drop either me or him a line ASAP? We're clean, quiet and need somewhere where we can study in relative peace. A broadband line we can take over would be a definite bonus!

Cheers,
TF

I'm actively looking for a place to live now. I'll be able to move in pretty much straight away.

Xanadu said:
I'm hoping to get a large furnished room, with good transport links (tube station nearby, night buses, and be, at most, 30 mins to Liverpool St, Moorgate, Old St, Bank or Cannon St). I've had enough of looking over my shoulder, so I don't want to live anywhere too dodgy/intimidating (flame away :p).

I'm friendly and can sustain a conversation for more than 10 seconds, so I'd prefer to live with people that can do the same :)

[Posting again to bump it]

My flatmates are moving out on mass (nothing to do with me, honest) and if I want to stay I will need to rent out their three rooms.

Available end of 1 september:

3 Large rooms in characterful shoreditch flat, literally 5 minutes walk from Liverpool Station.

2 Bathrooms, Lounge, Kitchen, Central Heating, W/M, Zen Broadband.

Rent is £540/cm Bills are £65/cm (including cleaner but excluding broadband)
Deposit 6 weeks (£750).

PM me if you are interested or if you know anyone who may be interested.

Thanks

T

house in Greenwich 1 Sep

Hello,

My housemates are all moving out and going back to their respective countries but I'd rather stay in this house than search for a new place to live...

This is a new, albeit, characterless house. The big plus is everything works, and there is plenty of bathroom per person ratio, and it is a great deal for London! 5 bedrooms, all relatively small, save for one (my room) which is bigger, and one which is same size but also en suite. Nice kitchen and nice living room which is currently being used as another bedroom. 2 bathrooms (+ the en suite one) and one 1/2 bathroom. Nice kitchen and dining area with a sizeable garden out back! The total rent on the house is 1733.33 pcm (not including bills, which work out to be around 40.00 per person per month--water, gas, phone and internet). We currently divide up the rent based on room size, etc. Most likely if I find a new house of people we will all re-allocate the rents as there has been one person "in charge" of these types of decisions and she is moving out! Oh and it is in Greenwich (SE13, Zone 2/3), however, it's literally the very edge of Greenwich, in a strange Bermuda Triangle between Greenwich, Lewisham, and Blackheath, so not too much in terms of immediate atmosphere, but about a 10 minute walk from "central" Greenwich. The train from Greenwich or Lewisham to London Bridge takes about 10 minutes.

So, I'm looking for at least 4 people, and maybe 5, depending on whether we will actually use the living room as a living room or bedroom.

Also, I thought I'd post here in hopes of finding some more like-minded flatmates!! The current ones are pretty cool, but they are younger than me, in more ways than numbers!!! I'd like to live with nice, responsible people who are a little less green, and who won't look at me askew when I come home at 10 in the morning from a proper night out!

--Edited to add: Two of the rooms are actually available from 1 Aug...then the other 2 (or 3) will become available 1 Sep.
If you are interested, please PM me...

HELLO :)

My friend and I have acquired a nice big house in camden. on a quiet street 2 mins from the tube.

it has four double bedrooms of very good size. Two bathrooms.

Large living room and kitchen.

Large (for london) Garden with plenty of bbq space.

We are looking for two people to come in and take up the other two rooms.

The rent is 135 pounds per week/ 575 pounds per month with a deposit of 810 pounds. Year-long lease. Guarantors etc.

We are both students in London, although not the smelly beer-swilling types and we're looking for someone easy to get along with and reliable in terms of rent and tidiness / consideration for others.

PM me if you would like to meet us and have a look at the place (it's really nice), we are doing viewings the weekend of the 12th August. Or if you would like to know more about it....

Only peeps who can honestly afford it though please :)

1245721153717.JPG
1245721153758.JPG
1245721153830.jpg

Back
Top Bottom