Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Flatshares

also, two of my mates who are dead cool and chilled out are looking for a third (or a thrd and fourth) to go into a house share with in east london - anywhere between liverpool street and ilford really.... PM me if you are looking for a long term share or something...

looking for a room in a friendly youngish (22+) flatshare anywhere within zone1/zone2. cant afford much as budget is studentish (up to 400-420pcm incl) so am not expecting anything which will win prizes for interior decorating. as long as the crowd is fun, i'll settle for a shack. internet and smoking friendly (not only tobacco) essential but within moderate limits. washing machine will also be nice.

as for me - i cook, i clean, am usually tagged as "the perverted one", i take life not seriously enuff but tend to disappear from social life entirely when deadlines press me. currently doing postgrad degree. can't oblige myself for more then 6 months. would like to move by mid/late March.

any help will be appreciated. :D
thanx

TEMPORARY room/s in Hackney available from a workmate who's going travelling for a few months - PM me if you want to contact him, details from him below:

Huge house - bedrooms + 2 large lounges + Dining room + Office + Laundry Room + Lovely garden
Cheap rent – either £340 ALL BILLS INCLUDED (if there are a total of 6 living there) or £408 ALL INCLUSIVE if 5 living there.
Includes Cable, broadband, etc…
Anyway – it is a cool place, and the people who were going to move into my room have backed out – would suit single person or couple or 2 single people

We are keen to sort it out as soon as possible!

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=534934&Y=186101&A=Y&Z=1

Cheap room for rent to female (short lets welcome)

Room for female in shared flat in walthamstow, gdn, 5 mins from tube £300 pcm inclusive. Contact Jenny on 07979 510523 or jennyzienau@hotmail.com

I know this is a long shot but if anyone knows of a one bedroom flat around Bethnal Green going for 165/week or so please PM me! cheers :)

Who wants to live with my girlfriend?

Fully furnished double room to let, with own french doors to decked garden, in stylish newly renovated 2 bed period garden flat. Professional non smoker, or smoker happy to smoke outside, to share with one other professional female. Flat has walnut floors, large lounge with dining table, new bathroom, and beautiful new kitchen with glass worktops.

Zone 2, 2 minutes from Bakerloo and Silverlink stations. Available from 10th April for 6 month tenancy. £550pcm.

Contact Kathryn - 07957 343411

Looking for a place in August

Looking for studio flat in August this year as I'm planning to live in London for a year (around 700 - 780 pcm). Would love to hear of any abodes being available round that time? :)

Still need a room

Hi

I am still looking for a VERY large room in a friendly flatshare. (5m x 5m)

I have my own furniture so it needs to be unfurnished (except for a wardrobe if there is none built in).

I am a DJ (with 2500 records, hence the space needed)
I need Broadband, or the ability to have Broadband installed.

Areas considered:

Brixton, Bethnal Green, Hoxton/Shoreditch, London Bridge/Borough or anywhere near tube zone 2.

I am in fulltime employment (I am a chef).

I need to move on April 2nd hence the urgency

Cheers

Tendril

Romm available in Brixton

Massive room with available in big friendly houseshare. Just off Brixton Hill near Tescos, tude, etc.

Sharing with 2 girls and 1 guy

Available at the start of May.

G'is a buzz on 07890823601 if interested.

If anyone knows of a flatshare where they'll be happy to take my (very cool) cat along with me then please pm some details - I'm having a proper nightmare!

London: Finchely

(Sorry i gave this it's own thread the other day - i didn't see this)

Right basicaly what's happened is my sis is moving out of her flat in North Finchley at the end of April. As we're moving in together down in Kent. But there's problems with the contract and she can't leave until september now without losing her deposit...

So i was wondering, is anyone looking for a place to stay? or even a flatshare? The place costs just a tad under 700 PCM + Bills and has a living room/kitchen in one, 1 bedroom, bathroom and little landing type of thing. Kitchen has its own work surface with the usuals, washer+dryer+oven etc etc. I'm not just saying this but it is a nice place, but then if anyones interested they can have a look of course (it's on the northern line and is about 2 mins walk from the tube, and right near the basic bus routes too)

It would be ideal to share if your on a budget and want to live near central London. as 340ish a month each is not too bad. So anyone maybe interested at all? I know it's a longshot but i have to try

You can add me to MSN, Pm me or ask someone for my number if your interested as a few people have it..

Thanks, Ry

Large Double Rm in Loughbrough Junction

Hiya!

There's going to be a large double room to let in the house share where I live at around the end of the month.

It's less than 5 mins walk to Loughbrough Junction station (on the Herne Hill side of Coldharbour Lane) and about 10 mins walk into Brixton and its assorted attractions. It'd be sharing with me and my male housemate. It's a four bedroom house, but with 3 people living there. Cos it's nicer like that.

There a big double lounge and kitchen and seperate dining room and a garden, so it a really good size house. As for me, and the other housemate, well, we're both pretty easy going...we keep the place clean and that, but manage to do it without petty notes and rotas.

Also, it worth noting that if you are offended by the activities of some of the drugs forum types, then you might not be happy living in our beyooti-ful home. We don't exactly cain it 24/7 but sometimes it can get a little messy...we're not talking crack pipes and needles, but if you are offended by lines of assorted stuff, and people who like assorted lines of assorted stuff, you prolly wouldn't like our place very much....smokers etc are also fine.

So...the price...it's about £450 for the room (which is quite alot, but it REALLY is a nice place, everyone who sees it says so) with all bills included...and the room would be available from roughly the start of May...

Anyone interested? PM me if you are....

Large 2 bed flat in Stoke Newington - avail april 30th

Two Bedroom Flat – Stoke Newington N6 – Available from April 30th

Two double rooms, one of which is very large and the other overlooks Abney Park on the top floor of a Victorian conversion located 1 minute from Church St. Large living room and modern kitchen with washing machine. Partly furnished, large communal garden, private off-road car park with electronic gates. 1 minute walk from Church Street. Very close to the overground and all bus routes – may be interested in renting the rooms separately. Available end of April.

£900 PCM plus bills. Contact Tony 07790 472587

well, i think a request posted in haste doesn't read too well...

so i'm looking for a room in east london, preferably whitechapel, shoreditch, bethnal green, leytonstone or leyton. i'm a good flatmate, i pay my bills, i'm considerate and friendly. i can pay 300-360 a month.

i'm a dj and have loads of books so ideally it needs to be a largish room but i'm flexible.

Posted once before here, but now im serious. So here goes...

Im looking for the following:

ESSENTIALS:
Budget: up to 90pw inclusive
Location: zone 1, 2 or 3 (3 only if well connected with central london)
Properties of room: medium sized, window (i.e. light), bed, closet, desk
Move in date: between 20 - 23 June
Room needed until: late September
Other essentials: internet

As to places I like, here's a couple of clues:
- i like houses/flats in which the radio is discreetly always on, even when ur soonzing the afternoon away on the sofa, just so there's always some background music to whatever ur doing. hearing the news from time to time is also helpful so there's more to bitch about on a daily basis.
- i like places which are tidy but not becuase there's a running rota in the house, in a form of a formal table written in red ink, blue tack-ed to the fridge, but because everybody just cleans whatever part of the communal area spontaneoulsy, becuase they don't really mind doing it. if people cant talk to each other but prefer to write pathetic notes, they can hardly fit the defintion of the second part of the word flatMATE, dontcha think?
- i enjoy spaces where its understandable that if ur making a cup of coffee for urself, u ask others also if they'd like some. including persons who are allergic to coffee - just to remind them of what they're missing
- im comfortable in kitchens where eating isn't a solitary excercise, but a social event. watching TV is fine, but having a challenging argument just for the sake of it is better and improves digestion!
- i would always go for a place where formalities are secondary and a relaxed, amusing and tolerant attitude is predominant.
- i can't stand lack of humour - the preferred type of humour utilised in everyday conversation is irrelevant to me, as long as it's there. seriousness should be an exception, sneaky giggles shoud be the rule
- the fact that i smoke should not be despised and held against me: those who refer to cigarette fans as "yucky smokers" are, in my view, no different from homophobes. this however doesnt mean that i wouldnt like to engage in the smoking debate and stop smoking if anyone manages to persuade me (this is a dare, in case you havent noticed!)

As to me, Im 26, postgrad, extremely relaxed and sometimes interestingly amusing.

Pls get in touch.

Cadmus

Houseshare Palmers Green N13

Because secretsquirrel is moving out :( we have a room available from 18th of June.
- To share with me, El Jugador, Doubletrouble and our guinea pig, Mr Pig

£300 per month rent and £415 deposit.

The room offered is the back bedroom. Please note that although this room has fitted wardrobes and cupboards, it is otherwise unfurnished! The room is a double bedroom, overlooks our lovely garden and is south facing. The house is a large Edwardian Terrace opposite a park and has a shared living room, kitchen, bathroom, dining room, lots of storage, a huge garden with patio, pond, bbq, garden furniture etc, and we have a laid back landlord (no hassle!). Washing machine, central heating and a broadband connection, shared bills & £37.50 per month council tax.

If you like the room but are furniture challenged, the new Edmonton Ikea is only a couple of miles away. :)

We are 7 mins walk from Palmers Green Station (zone 4) which is 10 mins from Finsbury Park, 20 mins from Kings X and 30 mins from Moorgate.
Bounds Green tube (zone 3 Piccadilly line) is a 5 mins bus ride and 15 mins walk away.

The house is a five minute walk from the nearest supermarket, takeaways and the library so its very convenient.

We are looking for a chilled person M or F, who doesn't smoke tobacco (we don't mind the smoking of other 'erbs)and although we like to party occasionally, we're generally pretty quiet during the week.

So send us a pm if you want to come and have a look.

I'm going to be looking for a room soon. I start work (regular 9 to 5 job) around August, but want to live at home for a couple of months to save some cash, so will probably be looking to move in around September.

I'm hoping to get a large furnished room, with good transport links (tube station nearby, night buses, and be, at most, 30 mins to Liverpool St, Moorgate, Old St, Bank or Cannon St). I've had enough of looking over my shoulder, so I don't want to live anywhere too dodgy/intimidating (flame away :p).

I'm friendly and can sustain a conversation for more than 10 seconds, so I'd prefer to live with people that can do the same :)

My PM box is waiting... ;)

woo! leytonstone is nice and chilled out and there are a fair few urbanites around.

lots of people like clahms but i wouldn't live there.

islington is ok, if you've got a high pretentiousness toleration limit, but by god you'll pay for the privilege of living there.

My pretentiousness toleration limit is massive. It has to be, otherwise I wouldn't be able to put up with myself. :p

Anyways, enough derailing!!!! Move along people, nothing to see here....

Xanadu said:
Well I'm considering leytonstone, along with islington or clapham cos I'm a yuppie at heart :p
If you move to Leytonstone. I'll organise a welcome drink at my local and then you'll never be without friends or lonely again.

I'm not suggesting that you are currently lonely and friendless. ;)

LD Rudeboy said:
If you move to Leytonstone. I'll organise a welcome drink at my local and then you'll never be without friends or lonely again.

I'm not suggesting that you are currently lonely and friendless. ;)

All the cool people live in Leyton/stone: me, LDR, Missuz Scott, bluestreak, me, me, did I mention me? ;)

Thing is, I've got loads of friends living in Clapham next year, and my sister will be in Tooting, so I'd prefer that area. I wouldn't mind Islington, cos it's close to work and close enough to my parents that I can pop over if they need anything (but far enough away for them not to pop round all the time). Leystonstone is too far from everyone I know. None of my mates from Walthamstow will be around next year (final year at uni for them).

I think maybe I have a subconscious disliking of leytonstone from the last time I was there, after a coke & alcohol fuelled night, I woke up next to a rather interesting women. Suffice to say, the main memory of that leytonstone was walking up to the tube station with a rather strong urge to retch. Repeatedly.

Right here goes.
Im looking for a room. Just east of city (Shoreditch, Whitechapel, Bethnal Green, Mile End).

A room with (or big enough to contain) a double bed.

The only thing that may be a problem is that my Boyfriend will stay with me the odd night when he is in London. So if you have a problem with Gays or french boyfriends, im not gonna be for you.

I'm chilled and relaxed, friendly. Like a good pint now and then and i can cook very well.

Im looking to move mid to late July.

Back
Top Bottom