Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Flatshares

ChrisFilter said:
had to find a place pretty much straight away it turns out, so found another place I'm afraid.. couldn't really wait until mid-october :( still, cool place, nice n' cheap, might even be better than the one the landlord screwed me over on.

can you find me one too then, since you're so adept :)

yeah, there's loads out there, seen 10 or so this week, all under £400 pcm, all big, all nr the tube.. moveflat and gumtree.com are your friends!

my very good mate is flat hunting as well... he just got back from a year in Bangkok researching for his PhD... he's looking for a nice clean room in a friendly flatshare is zone 2-3 for around 400 pounds/month max.
if you've got a room going, please PM me and i'll pass his details on.

:)

Crispy Newsom said:
Not much time left!
My moveflat ad is generating multiple contacts, so if you have your eye on this beautiful £433pm piece of real estate, let me know :) I'd give preference to an urbanite.

http://www.internsnetwork.org.uk/users/tom/flat/crispyflat.htm

(sorry rennie, i thought this should be public, if your mate is still looking, pm me)
If rennie's mate is no longer interested, I have a long lost stepsister who has just arrived in Brixton out of the blue. She is staying temporarily in Tulse Hill but urgently needs a place to live as she has got a job in Brixton. I'll send her the link anyway, shall I?

maestrocloud said:
anyone have a spare room, anywhere in london? could only pay up to £250pcm, and i'd have to bring my cat with me... (she's lovely & housetrained & you wouldn't even notice her)

i know it's a long shot & asking the impossible, but it's worth a try. would contribute lots of free food, & do the cleaning, washing etc if needed...

please PM with anything even vaguely relevant

Just to let people know that I've found somewhere :)

(thanks urban :D)

IntoStella said:
If rennie's mate is no longer interested, I have a long lost stepsister who has just arrived in Brixton out of the blue. She is staying temporarily in Tulse Hill but urgently needs a place to live as she has got a job in Brixton. I'll send her the link anyway, shall I?

433 a bit rich for our mate Stella.Get ya sis in there quick smart!!!!

IntoStella said:

Please do!
I can assume she's housetrained and won't claw the furniture? :)

PM me for details.

Well kids it's your lucky day. We're gonna have not one but two rooms available in our house-share in Homerton, Hackney. The previous occupants all met with mysterious accidents involving some kind of animal.

They both have double bed, big window, desk, wardrobe and chest of drawers. Nice house on quiet street with living room, big-ass kitchen, garden, basement, shower room, bathroom, 2 WCs and broadband. 7 mins walk from train station. If you have a wide-screen TV or large DVD collection of Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller movies we especially want you! Oooh and the League of Gentlemen.

Smokers welcome, but no paedononces, scabs or fash please.

A friend has a room to let £280 a month all in...

This includes broadband, telephone (non-mobiles) and all the rest.

The place is very close to Manor House tube station

Must be veggie

PM me if interested :)

I've got a couple of friends who've just arrived back in town from two years travelling and are looking around for a place - if they can't find something for £80 a week for the two of them they're going to have to move to Newcastle. :eek:

Wanted - Hackney Shared House

A friend of mine (a non urbanite) is desperatly looking for a fiendly shared house in the Hackney area to escape the appaling abuse from the person he shares with at the moment. It's doing he head in to the extent that he does not return to the flat untill they are either out/asleep and is making his life a misery.
He doesn't deserve this, He's a lovely, lovely guy - fairly ecentric, but who always has a great take on life's perculiar ways, he's also quite private and quiet at the same time - so not in your face at all. He works and earns a reasonable salary so rent is no problem.(£350 - £450 PCM)

Please PM me if anyone knows of anything that might be sutable.
Thanks.

Finsbury Park - 2 rooms available end of Oct

Me and my buddy are moving out at the end of Oct. There's a pretty big attic room available, and a small double on the first floor.

Both are £305 pcm excl bills. Council Tax is about £30 a month. Close to Picadilly and Victoria line, plus buses.

House has a good sized lounge, two bathrooms, 2 phone lines, large bright kitchen/diner. Flatmates are all house-trained (thank me!) and really friendly.

Suit professionals, but students will be considered.

PM if you're interested :)

Double room -- Camden/Islington border

Hi all :)

I'm moving out of London, leaving behind a double room with built-in wardrobe. Flatshare with 2/3 others (not always there). £432 pcm.

N7
Close to Picadilly Line (Caledonia Road)
Busses to Camden / Kings X / West End / Holloway / Finsbury park

streetmap

PM me if you're interested.

GS(v)

Whitechapel?

Ive finally made the decision to move out of Essex and go to London. The areas i like are Brixton and Whitechapel, though Brixton would be too far for me to commute. So if anyone in the E1 area has a room to rent(not too expensive), id be very intrested.

Got a room for rent in Brixton, backing on to Brockwell Park, so it's a very quiet and peaceful non-smoking flat.. 15 mins walk from Brixton tube/train and Herne Hill tube. Bus stop outside building. XLA building, so spacious. Got lots of mod cons type stuff... washing machine, dishwasher, cleaner, internet access etc etc. Share with quiet couple who like a laugh every now and then, occasionally badly behaved. 450 pcm including bills.

PM me if you're interested.

I'm tentatively looking for a room somewhere within easy reach (<4 miles?) of Wandsworth, inside zone 3, cheap as possible (<£300/pcm inc, if that's realistic; don't mind something small).

I'm a clean 'n' (fairly) tidy 19 year-old photography student, who will irritate you by sticking cameras in your face, but stop when asked. I'll cook for you if you do the washing up and install broadband if you don't object. Doesn't smoke apart from the odd spliff.

Not urgent, but will get a move on for the right place ;)

I am desperatly seeking a double room in the Brixton / Oval / Camberwell / Kennington area , must be a furnished flatshare , willing to pay up to £400 pcm excl if you know of anywhere or have anything up for grabs please PM me

cheers

Nodie ;)

Anyone still live in West London?

I am looking for a place in west london

(the big bit of london to the left of victoria/Baker street :p )

I have college and (probable) work commitments in fulham, so need to be there
or thereabouts to be convineint.

Are there any posters with a room in the area?

<not holding breath> :rolleyes:

I am looking for somewhere in London,
the person I was subletting from is being rehoused.

If you are in need of a flatmate, be rest assured I am not a
psycho (hope yr not either), just pm me.
I am 33 yrs old male, friendly, easy going , bright, self sufficent, not prone to neediness, deadly mood swings and destructive glaring at flatmates, or extended discussions of eastenders at breakfast time. looking for somewhere probably
only for six months, so if I am a pain in the arse it wont be forever..

Room available - Haringey

I'm looking for someone to fill my room when I move out at the end of November (I've found a super-cheap one-bed flat).

It's a reasonable size room, in a house with 3 others (all male, aged 25-35) who come highly recommended by this female - all very friendly and laid-back, but not so much that the house is a wreck.

There's a lovely garden, large kitchen, lounge and usual mod cons, all for £310pcm.

It's in Haringey, just off Green Lanes, a great area for buying veg at 3 o'clock in the morning. There's an active residents' group and Haringey Solidarity Group to keep you politically entertained, if you're that way inclined.

Anyway, if you're interested, then PM me.
Cheers.

Hey all,
Will be looking for a room to rent in the East End (pref. Whitechapel/Brick Lane area) after New Year, as I've decided to stop dossing at my mates and become a real person (he wants his spare room back!). Housetrained, virtually invisible during the week and usually clubbing at weekends. Steady 9-5 so rent not a problem up to about £400pcm. Hate living with very boring/soap-obsessed/anal people, so thought here would be the best place to start looking! Anyone interested in adopting a Weegie, pm or e-mail me.

Rozi

tulse hill flatshare

There's a double room available in my place around end of November. (Last flatmate was a joy but has gone and bought a flat in East Dulwich). It's a nice and relaxed first floor flat with two bedrooms and a huge living room (high ceilings, big windows), right by Tulse Hill rail station and the Railway Tavern, with easy access to Brixton and beyond.

How nice is this flat? I'ts super nice. It's got wooden floors and a silver washing machine. It's got a guest bed cum (?) mattress in the living room, a couple of sofas, and cushions and rugs. And broadband. Anna TV. And bookshelves with quite a few eclectic books on there - including the i ching, stuff about decent nutrition, martial arts how-tos and a fair few comics and bits of sci-fi floating around.

Smokers/non smokers, male/female, single/couples, meat-eaters/veggies welcome. I smoke and eat meat, but have lived with vegans before and don't find it a problem cooking and keeping a fridge to suit.

Rent is £400 a month excluding bills, with £400 deposit. You would probably need a job to feel comfortable paying this kind of rent.

I'm currently working as a web designer in the Ministry of Magazines, and go out and about, but dinnae do all-nighters every week anymore...

PM if you would like to find out more.

Mags Likewise

W10, Wesbourne Park/Ladbroke Grove tube, relaxed atmosphere, clean, newly decorated, adsl, share with two girls, free from Jan. 80/week plus bills

I (25 year old male)am after a flat/house share, Zone2 South London would be preferable...
...looking to move first week of January
I have a permanent job and am not likely to do the off for the foreseeable future, I don't smoke but have no problem with smokers, I clean up after myself and can feel strangely satisfied after a Jif session on the bath and sinks...
...I like pubs and the odd squatparty and I have Technics :D but i don't take the piss with sound levels
i would like to live with people who are sociable,people who are...well like urban75 folk I guess
max i could pay including bills would be 400 a month, pm me pm me

Stoke Newington N16

We have a spacious double room available ... in Victorian house in a leafy, quiet area of Stokey, backing onto Abney Park. toys include dishwasher, washing machine, and broadband internet. Large lounge (with Art Deco furnishings) and kitchen. Seeking someone who is relaxed and tidy, and doesn't mind making tea in a pink kitchen!

Available now - £97 p.w. excl.

pm DrJazzz if interested

Back
Top Bottom