Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

First Traditional Political Compass thread of 2006

pilchardman

Dances With Penguins
For years now, it has been traditional for people to post Political Compass threads at regular intervals as if they had never been done before.

It is also traditional to point out that while their notion of a two-axis view of the political world is an improvement on the one dimensional left-right one, their calibration will be somewhat out because of the statist bias of their questions.

That said, I present to you the first Political Compass thread of 2006.

www.politicalcompass.org

Economic Left/Right: -9.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.77

Dangerous commie libetarian then. :oops:

pilchardman said:
It is also traditional to point out that while their notion of a two-axis view of the political world is an improvement on the one dimensional left-right one
It's not so traditional for anybody else to point out that this is not true, since what it actually does is to allow people to select their opinions on an a la carte basis regardless of their philosophical and practical incompatibility.

Economic Left/Right: -9.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.31

I used to be next to ghandi :( I seem to be moving more left and libertarian the more I post on here :mad: Damn you all!

;)

Economic Left/Right: -7.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.67

Make of it what you wish..
I would have thought I would have been a bit more right on the economic scale, but the social scale seems to fit..

Donna Ferentes said:
It's not so traditional for anybody else to point out that this is not true, since what it actually does is to allow people to select their opinions on an a la carte basis regardless of their philosophical and practical incompatibility.
Would you care to explain the contradiction between being a social libertarian and an economic left winger (to use the terms given by the political compass)?

Frankly I have problems with the term "social libertarian". Among the several reasons for this is that it's very easy to simply sign yourself up to all the more "libertarian" options and then say "oooh, I'm a libertarian communist unlike all those old authoritarians".

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -7.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.31

Incorrigible recidivist.... ;)

Economic Left/Right: -4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.49

Though I'm pretty sure I didn't understand a couple of the questions :oops:

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82

My spot and Gandi's spot on the graph are in the exact same place - just like three years ago.

:cool:

oh my - on the Canadian chart, I'm in the same quadrient as the NDP and the bloc Quebecois and am on the completely opposite side to my preferred party
:eek:

Maybe I am a closet separatist -> shudder

on the UK chart, I'm in with the Greens (who are the Greens?) and on the US - Ralph Nader.

I got

"Economic Left/Right: -10.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.92 "

but always fancied myself as a Stalin in the making, oh well. Donna has a strong point about the virtue of being able to agree with statements devoid of context or relation to each other. Surely most leftists will end up on the bottom left despite significant ideological differences.

-8ish for both on me.

Is it possible to be bottom right? They had no examples on the page I saw.

bottom left hand corner, as expected.

Economic Left/Right: -7.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.44

Economic Left/Right: -9.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.23

Well in the bottom left hand corner of the chart.

I'll be packing my things and waiting to be sent to Guantanamo now.

See you in twenty years.

i got about -8 on the political and 2 or 3 on the economic when i did it a while ago which i suppose is mildly anarchocapitalist

i wonder what the correlation would be wrt the quadrant you occupy and the part of london you live in, with all the nouveau riche neofascists on the essex borders
(not to mention the closeted authoritarian tendences of the inahbitants of hampstead etc)

Economic Left/Right: -6.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.59

Does anyone ever post up right wing authoritarian scores?

Back
Top Bottom