Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fallout 4

I like a good ruck, but I'm glad that a couple of feral ghouls no longer threaten a long load scene.

I had to go and help a settlement last night and wave upon wave of low level raiders came at me. One shot kill with the combat rifle and lots of ammo dropped.

I'm not sure how far to go with the quest of finding my son. The missions can be the most compelling, but I don't want it all to be over to quickly. Storming the fort filled with synths feels easier then it should when they keep dropping laser rifle ammo.

Need to pump up my science skill now I have oodles of laser ammo I need to make righteous authority my go to gun. And to spiff up my five sets of incomplete armour I am three pieces away from a full set of x-1.

How many minute men quests can you do before it cuts of other factions? Tbf I've not found the Institute or the Railroad yet, but don't want to sucrose any options. It's only game I've played on PS4, can't see me finding time for a second play. I feels very indulgent having 4 plus hours to play the last few days.

Last edited:
Need to pump up my science skill now I have oodles of laser ammo I need to make righteous authority my go to gun. And to spiff up my five sets of incomplete armour I am three pieces away from a full set of x-1.

Still not used power armour yet, but my standard metal stuff is almost all upgraded. I got hit by a death claw and was very surprised to find I wasn't quite dead.

My double barreled shotgun which I took of a raider early on now does over 100 damage with rifleman perks. After dying several times on Kellog trying to fight from range I just ran up close, loaded VATS, a few headsets and he was down. Really want to find a version with a magazine.

I think that Le fusil Terribles * is my favorite shotgun. Does 180 per shot, 25% extra limb damage. plus the perks. 32 shot mag. If you hunt you will find it one day.

I might have googled it's location :oops:

Tbf I'm unexpectedly fortunate to have some time to play it. Once new year comes around it will back to a few hours a month, so I'm happy to cheat a little to see the most of the game I can.

It looks like it's in a cool setting anyway. :)

Must resist wiki. Today and tomorrow are my only chance to play it till the new year. :(

How many minute men quests can you do before it cuts of other factions? Tbf I've not found the Institute or the Railroad yet, but don't want to sucrose any options.

As many as you like, their quests do not cut you off from going with other factions. To get maximum choice in endings, do plenty of quests for the Railroad and the Brotherhood before you find the Institute (which is part of the main story, fairly late on) so you have done at least the faction main quests for Railroad and Brotherhood before that point - in the case of the Brotherhood, do plenty of quests between the 'Fort Hagen' part of the main quest and finding the institute, as most of their faction story fits between those 2 main quest events. Deciding to go with the institute is a decision that takes place during the main quest and cannot be cut off by any other faction thing you have done beforehand, it's a yes or no situation regardless of whether you get on well with other factions or not.

Oh just a quick tip - there is one guy in the Brotherhood (after the Fort Hagen main quest point, he's on the Prydwen), that will give you radiant quests to go get supplies from settlements. Don't do those if you want to keep the settlements under minutemen control - just don't take any quests from the guy, it doesn't affect anything else afaik.

There have been some awesome moments in this game. However, I've just seen the best yet. If you haven't done the USS Constitution side quest, don't read!

When all the time and effort and raider killing comes to fruition, seeing the USS Constitution majestically takes to the skies from atop the building it's been languishing on, to achieve its destiny of once more becoming a force to be reckoned with on the open seas....and then it crashing into another building about 200m away and getting stuck again. Just brilliant :D

I need to take a break. I was tidying today and got excited when I saw this
cfcfe06676c08402326193b65f65b2ff.jpg

got back on the main quest I want to at least see the institute before my enforced Christmas break, but am getting delayed by finding curie a body. Hmm can you romance synth curie? This could be what I need to get over Piper

Surgical trays and TV dinner trays.

Cake tins too. And you will often find one aluminium can among a bunch of tin cans. I may be the hobo king of commonwealth, but my power armour has a titanium coating.

23275880254_72e8208cfa_c.jpg

Managed to get a couple of hours yesterday, but others are monopolising the xbone. Have got on a fair bit with this lovely game (thanks Bethesda) have got the BOS quests to do before following the main quest to the Institute. Had to up the Charisma stars on me character to get the Local Leader perks and build some better settlements. Does anyone knew how the size thing with settlements works? is the size the number of objects placed at each location?

23275880254_72e8208cfa_c.jpg

Managed to get a couple of hours yesterday, but others are monopolising the xbone. Have got on a fair bit with this lovely game (thanks Bethesda) have got the BOS quests to do before following the main quest to the Institute. Had to up the Charisma stars on me character to get the Local Leader perks and build some better settlements. Does anyone knew how the size thing with settlements works? is the size the number of objects placed at each location?

Bethesda have been tweeting the #12daysoffallout giving away prizes, I really want the Fallout monopoly game.

Settlements size are based on your charisma. I think the number of settlers you can have is 10 + your charisma, including mods. So at the moment I have 7 Charisma, but am always wearing two items that boost my charisma to 9, so my major settlements have 19 odd settlers. Remember you must have more defence than food and water resources combined at a settlement to avoid constant raider assaults.

At level 50 I finally reached the institute and wish I'd gotten there sooner. Althought;

My trip through the glowing sea was very rough, I went through over 1,000 5.56mm rounds using "VERA" my extremely heavily modified assault rifle, and am kicking myself I sold a hunter assault rifle a few days before hand

My current companion Curie
Is tremendous fun, although helping a robot with a ludicrously sexy french accent into a synth body and then help her navigate these strange emotions and sensations while wooing her, sounds like a very specific kind of slash fiction

I'm now on enforced hiatus till January......Sigh...

My corn doesn't seem to be growing. It's planted but there is nothing to harvest and it's been a while. :(

I also juat went for a wonder and found an Alpha Death Claw. That didn't end well.

My corn doesn't seem to be growing. It's planted but there is nothing to harvest and it's been a while. :(

I also juat went for a wonder and found an Alpha Death Claw. That didn't end well.

Do you have people tending to it?

Go up to it and try to pick it and you'll hear "I need to assign someone to this"
Which means you need to pick a settler to assign to it.

I had loads of settlers in good neighbour but could never find them. Then one day I found six sulking behind a collapsed house like kids skiving off behind the bike shed.

I came across a sleeping alpha deathclaw and shot up some jet and lobbed two plasma grenades at him.

Stick a couple of points in demolition grenades do 50% more damage and you get a throwing arc at level two that makes them MUCH more accurate.

Yet more perks to get! I've actually got a couple of nukes but we're saving them, so they were back at the settlement.

Ive got someone growing my other crops. Do I need to separately assign them?

In workshop mode, when you hover over the corn is the person icon red or blue? If it's blue that specific corn is assigned to someone. If it's red it is not. Just assign a non-assigned settler to one of the red icon corn and they will auto assign to a certain number of other red icon corn too. They can only do a limited number, which is why you need more than one person tending your crops.

Yet more perks to get! I've actually got a couple of nukes but we're saving them, so they were back at the settlement.

The thing about nukes and a fat man is that it's simply too heavy to lug around all the time. You tend to grab it before you know there a big ruck.

There's a location that I've been sent to a few times for various missions. It's out door and has a lot of levelled super mutants. Now whenever I go there I grab power armour a assault rifle missile launcher and fat man
But always carry lots of grenades. They improved throwing from previous versions. You can equip grenades without Unequipping your weapon and with a hot key you have grenades and Molotovs a plenty.

Ive got someone growing my other crops. Do I need to separately assign them?

Yes. I'm not sure the exact number of crops one settler can tend to. But you need multiple

Nice one. Now how to find where my dam settlers are and if they are doing something useful.

My other grenade tip is always have some plasma grenades bottle cap mines and pulse grenades for surprise encounters with high level baddies. Nothing in the game is so tough that a couple of bottle cap mines won't at the very least knock most off their hp clean off.

My final grenade tip is once you throw a grenade go into VATS and shoot the grenade before it lands. It's very annoying when say you throw a pulse grenade at an assaultron and run out of range when it goes off

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom