Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fallout 4

For fuck's sake - I can put up with pretty much every bug this game had, but bugged 'come to the aid of <X> settlement' are just a pain in the arse. Turn up to a corpse and maybe a rattle of gunfire from my effectively designed defence systems, get no confirmation of win, wander round a bit, leave to do something else. Fail mission. :mad:

I've found with those the key is to stand around and stand around a bit more, the main attack can take ages to trigger, or a second wave can take ages to trigger. (10 minutes in one case for me, which can seem like an age in a game when you're just standing around). Sometimes running around in the vicinity of the settlement can find an enemy stuck behind a tree or something.

The only time one has ever properly bugged out on me was when during the attack there was a giant radscorpion that had spawned under the ground, could see its health bar when I was facing it and all the turrets were going insane firing at the ground. Reloading from a save before I travelled there and trying again just gave me the usual raiders to kill and it worked fine.

I've found with those the key is to stand around and stand around a bit more, the main attack can take ages to trigger, or a second wave can take ages to trigger. (10 minutes in one case for me, which can seem like an age in a game when you're just standing around). Sometimes running around in the vicinity of the settlement can find an enemy stuck behind a tree or something.

The only time one has ever properly bugged out on me was when during the attack there was a giant radscorpion that had spawned under the ground, could see its health bar when I was facing it and all the turrets were going insane firing at the ground. Reloading from a save before I travelled there and trying again just gave me the usual raiders to kill and it worked fine.

Cheers, I'll try that - would be a silly thing for it to fail on.

I've finally got a chunk of time to play this. Now I don't die just walking around the wastelands and I've got some better kit I'm enjoying it even more.

What plot lines does Cait actually like? She doesn't get why I'm helping farmers and looked really pissed of when I chatted to the brotherhood. Still she's good at getting stuck in and favours the same head on action style I do.

I've finally got a chunk of time to play this. Now I don't die just walking around the wastelands and I've got some better kit I'm enjoying it even more.

What plot lines does Cait actually like? She doesn't get why I'm helping farmers and looked really pissed of when I chatted to the brotherhood. Still she's good at getting stuck in and favours the same head on action style I do.

She likes you taking drugs (until you do her personal quest). She likes you picking locks and stealing shit too. I think it was mostly lock picking that got me her perk in the end, but I only took her as a companion after I'd finished the main storyline.

She likes you taking drugs (until you do her personal quest). She likes you picking locks and stealing shit too. I think it was mostly lock picking that got me her perk in the end, but I only took her as a companion after I'd finished the main storyline.

I get what she likes... I'm curious about bedding her and getting her perk. My charisma is really low.

Tbh I don't know which way I want to play it. Taken the castle back for the minute men and need to go into the fort next for the main quest.

I'd also really like to find some corn so I can start making my own adhesive!

Go to Greygarden - it has all 3 adhesive ingredients. Then plant a bunch of your own somewhere. I have more adhesive than I'll ever need now.

Abernathy's Farm and Sunshine Co-op have decent amounts of space for planting a lot, particularly the former. Abernathy's already farms tatos, as does Tenpines, and I think Sunshine already farms corn. Diamond City has mutfruit and tatoes I think.

How the fuck do I get mc Cready to idolise me I did his personalise quest for. Fucks sake

Go to Greygarden - it has all 3 adhesive ingredients. Then plant a bunch of your own somewhere. I have more adhesive than I'll ever need now.

Abernathy's Farm and Sunshine Co-op have decent amounts of space for planting a lot, particularly the former. Abernathy's already farms tatos, as does Tenpines, and I think Sunshine already farms corn. Diamond City has mutfruit and tatoes I think.

Have ten corn. Ten Tatos and ten multi fruit growing somehere with a decent water purifier never need adhesives again.

Now why isn't there an aluminium tree!

Fellas, I have a problem. I was searching Earl thingies house in Diamond City for Nick Valentine. As I was looking a Diamond City Security man came in with an NPC and started attacking me - I smoked them two mofos and carried on searching for the clue. Now whenever I go to Diamond City everyone attacks me - Security, NPCs, Robots.

What can I do to appease them?

Edit to add: I slept for a coupla days, then it was all peachy when I returned

Last edited:
Thanks I shall take a look.

The problem with some of the harder bits of the map I'm moving on to is that people stop dropping shotgun shells and it's definitely my best weapons. It was quite nice to do some easy minute men ones to stock up again. The perk that means people drop more ammo is great, put two stars on it now and can't have more till I'm up a few levels.

Jesus. Went to have a look at the insane asylum. I found a death so looked for another way through and found a raider in power armour. I may have to leave this section for now. :oops:

Jesus. Went to have a look at the insane asylum. I found a death so looked for another way through and found a raider in power armour. I may have to leave this section for now. :oops:

There's the creepiest room in the insane asylum you reach in a mission.

They do mill, but build a bar and some tables and chairs and they'll at least have a little sit down (some of them) and look like they're meant to be there. I built mine where they were congregating, no idea if they'll congregate elsewhere if you build it somewhere else.

You can of course send them to your other settlements that need more people for farming or defence. For example, I've got 17 people at starlight diner now, with bugger all to do. But I could do with more at the hippie place and abernathy's for farming. So I'll send a bunch there.

Someone had a good tip that you can equip settlers you've assigned with a piece of clothing, like a specific hat or glasses, depending on their role so you know. But if they're assigned to something, when you hover over them in workshop mode and they highlight the thing they're assigned to highlights at the same time. Only useful if you're in line of sight to that resource, but there you go, it's something.

---

Tip:

If you're on PC and you want to remove the settlement size budget, or rather make it let you build more (indefinitely) until it fills up, you can do so in the console.

• Open the console and click on the workshop bench so it shows its ID
  • Type:
    • getav 348
    • getav 34A
  • Note the values it returns
  • Double them, triple them, whatever them, bearing in mind your computer's capacity for rendering shit
  • Type:
    • setav 349 <value you just created by doubling/etc> (without the <>)
    • setav 34B <value you just created by doubling/etc> (without the <>)

Tada.

Mine don't mill at my bar, and I added a fucking bbq and pool table for the shits.

Oh God I'm like you lot a few weeks ago. I've just realised I can get Cait to pick locks I can't.

Yeah wait till you release you pretty never need to play the hacking mini game once you have Nick.

My thing is it doesn't matter what version of fallout or the elder scrolls I'm playing I cannot BEAR to leave a locked something behind, so I always end up putting points into lockpicking at once.

Yeah wait till you release you pretty never need to play the hacking mini game once you have Nick.

My thing is it doesn't matter what version of fallout or the elder scrolls I'm playing I cannot BEAR to leave a locked something behind, so I always end up putting points into lockpicking at once.

Of course, on PC you can bring up the console, click on the safe/door/console and type unlock. I've had it not work with a handful of expert safes so far, but fuck if I'm keeping track of where all the fucking master lock safes are to come back again another day. I've not had a single one that's contained anything worthy of it being a master lock, though, so I don't feel guilty.

Have ten corn. Ten Tatos and ten multi fruit growing somehere with a decent water purifier never need adhesives again.

Now why isn't there an aluminium tree!

Water purifier means levelling science right?

I just unlocked scrapper and everything I had stored at the weapons bench became screws. It was like Xmas.

Of course, on PC you can bring up the console, click on the safe/door/console and type unlock. I've had it not work with a handful of expert safes so far, but fuck if I'm keeping track of where all the fucking master lock safes are to come back again another day. I've not had a single one that's contained anything worthy of it being a master lock, though, so I don't feel guilty.

Wheres the fun in that..

I like a good ruck, but I'm glad that a couple of feral ghouls no longer threaten a long load scene.

I had to go and help a settlement last night and wave upon wave of low level raiders came at me. One shot kill with the combat rifle and lots of ammo dropped.

I'm not sure how far to go with the quest of finding my son. The missions can be the most compelling, but I don't want it all to be over to quickly. Storming the fort filled with synths feels easier then it should when they keep dropping laser rifle ammo.

Back
Top Bottom