Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fallout 4

Or 6.

I have 6.

It's ridiculous the amount of defence I've had to put in Sanctuary :oops:

Bloody hell. Presumably you just have. 10 turrets at the bridge and slaughtered anything coming across

Oh it's not just me but traps are useless right?

And I have 2 industrial ones at Starlight. I have quite a bit of water :cool:

I've set out a laser turret and a spotlight at intervals around the whole settlement, with 4 turrets in total at the main bridge and a spotlight, 2 guard towers...

And I have never bothered with traps. I guess if you're building your own house of horrors...

Nice one. Now how to find where my dam settlers are and if they are doing something useful.

Build a bell, ring it and all the settlers will come to it. It's a bit tricky, but when you hover over them in workshop mode, you can see what they are assigned to if you are looking in the right direction i.e. look at them and if they are assigned to corn and you can see that at the same time, it will be highlighted.

And I have 2 industrial ones at Starlight. I have quite a bit of water :cool:

I've set out a laser turret and a spotlight at intervals around the whole settlement, with 4 turrets in total at the main bridge and a spotlight, 2 guard towers...

And I have never bothered with traps. I guess if you're building your own house of horrors...

This is why I never got into settlement building. I got very into house building and interior design in Skyrim which as I may have mentioned is a game I found quiet boring.

I've moved into the house at good neighbour some nice decorations my bobble head stand (nearly 2/3s full) a magazine rack. Breakfast bar and pool table. And I don't even like the settlement side of things. I worry if I get into it I'll end up like that Russian dickhead.

Take traps I swear I must have set up and nearly killed myself like five times trying to set up traps.

This is why I never got into settlement building. I got very into house building and interior design in Skyrim which as I may have mentioned is a game I found quiet boring.

I've moved into the house at good neighbour some nice decorations my bobble head stand (nearly 2/3s full) a magazine rack. Breakfast bar and pool table. And I don't even like the settlement side of things. I worry if I get into it I'll end up like that Russian dickhead.

Take traps I swear I must have set up and nearly killed myself like five times trying to set up traps.

Since my charisma is so low I've accepted that filling the common wealth with them isn't for me. However using Sanctuary as a base and it's starting to look quite, um, functional.

I think when I start over I'm going to skip the minute men till much later in the game. I've not bothered with the brotherhood and Preston annoys me. I really like Deacon.

Actually the companions have all been pretty great aside from Cait & Preston.

Since my charisma is so low I've accepted that filling the common wealth with them isn't for me. However using Sanctuary as a base and it's starting to look quite, um, functional.

Yeah I even built a outdoor bar with BBQ and pool table for sanctuary and the FUCKERS still hang out in that miserable section with the gords I planted. (Btw fuck gords you incredibly heavy useless marrow like motherfuckers)

Take pity on me it'll be early jan before I can play again.

Last edited:
I think when I start over I'm going to skip the minute men till much later in the game. I've not bothered with the brotherhood and Preston annoys me. I really like Deacon.

Deacon is ace, if I want a companion with me, it is him.

Yeah I even built a outdoor bar with BBQ and pool table for sanctuary and the FUCKERS still hang out in that miserable section with the gords I planted. Btw fuck gords you incredibly heavy useless marrow like motherfuckers)

Take pity on me it'll be early jan before I can play again.

For some reason all of my settlers in Sanctuary Hills ended up on the roof of the house with the workshop - I strolled back into town one day and they were all standing up there, it was pretty freaky tbh. I had to build a set of stairs so I could go up there and check that they were all allocated to farming/guard duty.

Starting over? Jesus. It feels I've already sunk a lot of time in to get to level 20.

Tbf it's the only game I've played on the Ps4 and the first for about a year, so I'm quite looking forward to what else is out there.

The PS4 came with the latest COD. I've not even played it. :D

Starting over? Jesus. It feels I've already sunk a lot of time in to get to level 20.

Tbf it's the only game I've played on the Ps4 and the first for about a year, so I'm quite looking forward to what else is out there.

The PS4 came with the latest COD. I've not even played it. :D

My brother is in my Dublin place with my ps4 and pointed out I have dying light and the last of us sitting on the shelf. I bought them when I traded in my PS3 games. I'm keeping the PS3 around for the child he's only 3 so in a year or two Lego Star Wars and little big planet....

But back to I feel I sank ages into the side quests and fallout 4 unlike 3 & NV I really think you should play the main quests thematically it feels wrong to be prattling about building settlements finding baseball gloves and investigating cold cases when there's s child missing.

I have to admit, I looked at the perks and just chose the companions that gave decent bonuses when they idolize you. Preston, Deacon, McCready and Danse I think.

But Strong can fuck the fuck off. I'd turn left/look at the map/buy ammo/WHATEVER and I'd see a "Strong disliked that" notification. Judgemental prick.

But back to I feel I sank ages into the side quests and fallout 4 unlike 3 & NV I really think you should play the main quests thematically it feels wrong to be prattling about building settlements finding baseball gloves and investigating cold cases when there's s child missing.

I know what you mean, my first playthrough I did a little bit of side stuff then followed the main quest, because it always felt pretty urgent iykwim.

One of the things I always liked best about Morrowind was that the main quest was started by "oh can you deliver this letter to this bloke in Balmora when you get a minute?" so there was no initial sense of urgency to it, although it could hook you in in terms of the story later, there was no personal or emotional reason to get onto it right away. Took me something like 7 years to get around to a playthrough where I actually did the main quest :D

Actually I know the consensus is 3 is better than NV, and maybe it's because NV was my introduction to fallout but I really liked the way NV enfolded. You had to chance benny the circuitous route to Vegas, and because the quest was a personal vendetta you could play it a lot of different ways and the faction split happens very late in the game.

Also I've played through 3 times and never felt I lost anything by not taking the legion quests. Cause fuck the legion.

Actually I know the consensus is 3 is better than NV, and maybe it's because NV was my introduction to fallout but I really liked the way NV enfolded. You had to chance benny the circuitous route to Vegas, and because the quest was a personal vendetta you could play it a lot of different ways and the faction split happens very late in the game.

Also I've played through 3 times and never felt I lost anything by not taking the legion quests. Cause fuck the legion.

I like 3 better than NV because the exploration and world was better in 3. Stuff like the "Death of Marat" skeleton in a bath scene pushes 3 ahead of NV IMO. NV hands down had better quests (and I'm surprised to hear that 3 is better regarded, because RPG players usually prefer NV by miles), but the world was kind of boring and didn't have that sort of touch.

Last edited:
I've done Caits quest and yet her perk isn't showing. I want to ditch her and use a different companion, but want it first!

Edit: Apparently storming a vault full of heavily armed nutters and curing her of a life long addiction isn't enough for her to idolise me. The ungrateful bitch. :mad:

Last edited:
I've done Caits quest and yet her perk isn't showing. I want to ditch her and use a different companion, but want it first!

Edit: Apparently storming a vault full of heavily armed nutters and curing her of a life long addiction isn't enough for her to idolise me. The ungrateful bitch. :mad:

I was the same with mc Cready I completed his quests (I cured your child) but I got idolised for nicking some dirty water a while later.

I like 3 better than NV because the exploration and world was better in 3. Stuff like the "Death of Marat" skeleton in a bath scene pushes 3 ahead of NV IMO. NV hands down had better quests (and I'm surprised to hear that 3 is better regarded, because RPG players usually prefer NV by miles), but the world was kind of boring and didn't have that sort of touch.

I don't remember the Skelton. I never actually finished 3 the disc scratched around liberator and I never found a replacement

Oh dear. Piper doesn't like me working with the brotherhood either. Nor does Cait. I'm guessing Preston wouldn't. Which companions do?

That said their first mission was a lot more fun then the minute men ones. :)

Oh dear. Piper doesn't like me working with the brotherhood either. Nor does Cait. I'm guessing Preston wouldn't. Which companions do?

That said their first mission was a lot more fun then the minute men ones. :)

Mc Cready and I'm guessing paladin what's his name...

Oh yes :oops:

I think I missed my window with Piper. I've ran all round the commonwealth being nice to farmers with Cait, but now I want to be more brutal.

Back
Top Bottom