Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fallout 4

I tend to just load up on all my junk stuff and do part exchange for ammo in Diamond City. So far I haven't needed to actually buy anything else.

I gave up selling junk ages ago. I'm go hunting for specific junk now (aluminium, ceramic, oil, nuclear material, glass, leather, antiseptic, & screws) are my go to junk. Aluminium cans are a favourite.i am a hairs breath away from roaming the wasteland with a shopping cart... (Who am I kidding if that mod existed I'd have it)

I'm staying much longer then I planned at my parents. Wish I'd brought the Playstation now. Been reduced to reading the wiki instead. Didn't realise the rifle man perk also applies to shotguns. :)

I'm staying much longer then I planned at my parents. Wish I'd brought the Playstation now. Been reduced to reading the wiki instead. Didn't realise the rifle man perk also applies to shotguns. :)

Does that include automatic shotguns. Fuck I really miss the shotgun surgeon perk

Ah sorry, not Junk, just junk - raider armour, pipe rifles, 10mm pistols etc.

Nope only pick up layered armour better scrap off them. Don't bother with pipe guns inked they're modded again for scrap. I only really sell heavy weapons

Does that include automatic shotguns. Fuck I really miss the shotgun surgeon perk

no, there's an automatics perk set as well which covers auto whatevers, the rifle one is any non-auto rifles or shotguns. Also ones for pistols (non-auto) and heavy weapons.

no, there's an automatics perk set as well which covers auto whatevers, the rifle one is any non-auto rifles or shotguns. Also ones for pistols (non-auto) and heavy weapons.

So auto shotguns are covered by the commando perk?

Is there a separate perk for energy weapons?

So auto shotguns are covered by the commando perk?

Is there a separate perk for energy weapons?

afaik yes, any automatic weapon is covered by the commando perk.
I don't think there's a separate one for energy weapons as energy weapons are all either non-auto pistols, non-auto rifles or automatics (or heavy weapons?) and so they are covered by that perk. I'd need to have a look at the perks and check but I'm pretty sure that's the case.

afaik yes, any automatic weapon is covered by the commando perk.
I don't think there's a separate one for energy weapons as energy weapons are all either non-auto pistols, non-auto rifles or automatics (or heavy weapons?) and so they are covered by that perk. I'd need to have a look at the perks and check but I'm pretty sure that's the case.

There was a separate skill for energy weapons in 3 and they were also different in NV. I know there are perks for energy weapons in 4 too

There was a separate skill for energy weapons in 3 and they were also different in NV. I know there are perks for energy weapons in 4 too

Yeah, there was also a separate perk for shotguns in one or both that isn't in 4. I'd need to look at the perk chart tbh. Tesla Science magazines give a perk for energy weapons though.

I've been able to buy most legendary items I've seen in shops by selling my gear, mostly aid and ammo, I break down all my weapons and armour if I can.

Tip for easy currency on any platform: industrial water purifiers. Build lots of them. Hoard the purified water, use it in place of bottlecaps, buy whatever you want.

Obviously combine with grape mentats/charisma gear/whatever for the best possible deal.

I'm waiting for the mod that expands the radius of electricity connectors.

Took me ages to work out you didn't have to physically attach a connector to whatever structure you want to have power, it just has to be nearby, but the radius is quite small.

Yeah, hopefully that'll be a mod - just a bucket to dip in the fucking river and you get a couple of boxes of dirty water in your inventory. It is a bit daft. At first I thought the hand pump water would be dirty, passing up through the ground like that, but apparently not.

Yeah, hopefully that'll be a mod - just a bucket to dip in the fucking river and you get a couple of boxes of dirty water in your inventory. It is a bit daft. At first I thought the hand pump water would be dirty, passing up through the ground like that, but apparently not.

Wasn't it a thing in New Vegas where you could fill bottles from taps and pumps to get dirty water (which was good to cook with)? I seem to recall that being a thing, I liked survival mode in NV and wish Bethesda would have incorporated it into FO4. One of those mods we may have to wait until next year and release of the GECK to get, but it is one that is on my list to look out for.

Wasn't it a thing in New Vegas where you could fill bottles from taps and pumps to get dirty water (which was good to cook with)? I seem to recall that being a thing, I liked survival mode in NV and wish Bethesda would have incorporated it into FO4. One of those mods we may have to wait until next year and release of the GECK to get, but it is one that is on my list to look out for.

That must have been a mod.

Hmmm at a cross roads

glowing sea, railroad, Cabot or brotherhood?

Loving the exploring and fights, but finding the settlement building s bit boring as i'm about 4 stars away from local leader. All my settlers (and there's lots of em) just mill about, I never know who's got tasks and who hasn't. After spending ages getting my wasteland farm just right, the next visit the whole lot of em are stood in the bramen pen, fenced in, like sheep. Built a fantastic "stairway to heaven sky disco" with flights of stairs up about 3 stories to a large dance floor, took about 2 hours, then fell off while in settlement build mode, died, and lost the lot of it. Couldn't be bothered to build it again.

Loving the exploring and fights, but finding the settlement building s bit boring as i'm about 4 stars away from local leader. All my settlers (and there's lots of em) just mill about, I never know who's got tasks and who hasn't. After spending ages getting my wasteland farm just right, the next visit the whole lot of em are stood in the bramen pen, fenced in, like sheep. Built a fantastic "stairway to heaven sky disco" with flights of stairs up about 3 stories to a large dance floor, took about 2 hours, then fell off while in settlement build mode, died, and lost the lot of it. Couldn't be bothered to build it again.

The best tip I got here was switch off the recruitment beacons and ignore Preston.

They do mill, but build a bar and some tables and chairs and they'll at least have a little sit down (some of them) and look like they're meant to be there. I built mine where they were congregating, no idea if they'll congregate elsewhere if you build it somewhere else.

You can of course send them to your other settlements that need more people for farming or defence. For example, I've got 17 people at starlight diner now, with bugger all to do. But I could do with more at the hippie place and abernathy's for farming. So I'll send a bunch there.

Someone had a good tip that you can equip settlers you've assigned with a piece of clothing, like a specific hat or glasses, depending on their role so you know. But if they're assigned to something, when you hover over them in workshop mode and they highlight the thing they're assigned to highlights at the same time. Only useful if you're in line of sight to that resource, but there you go, it's something.

---

Tip:

If you're on PC and you want to remove the settlement size budget, or rather make it let you build more (indefinitely) until it fills up, you can do so in the console.

• Open the console and click on the workshop bench so it shows its ID
  • Type:
    • getav 348
    • getav 34A
  • Note the values it returns
  • Double them, triple them, whatever them, bearing in mind your computer's capacity for rendering shit
  • Type:
    • setav 349 <value you just created by doubling/etc> (without the <>)
    • setav 34B <value you just created by doubling/etc> (without the <>)

Tada.

For fuck's sake - I can put up with pretty much every bug this game had, but bugged 'come to the aid of <X> settlement' are just a pain in the arse. Turn up to a corpse and maybe a rattle of gunfire from my effectively designed defence systems, get no confirmation of win, wander round a bit, leave to do something else. Fail mission. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom