Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

FA Cup final: CARDIFF CITY vs Portsmouth. May 17th

FA Cup final: CARDIFF CITY vs Portmsouth - your prediction

• Total voters
Im not taking it as well as Ed. Comletely gutted.

We'll just have to get it next year instead.

My Cantonese wasn't good enough to catch much of the commentary where I ended up watching it but still the best final I've seen for a long time - nice one Pompey and better luck next time, Cardiff...

As they are singing in my pub...

Kay Saraah Saraah
Whatever will be will be
We're going to Swansea
K serra serra

well played cardiff .. fantastic acheivement considering the differrence in league placings .. and good crowd in the F3K ... pubs at bakers street all shut!! was there any other urbanites there??

Cardiff have all the right in the world to be proud. Fantastic run and achievement.

And congratulations to Portsmouth. Glad for everyone to win it but particularly for 'Arry (got a soft spot for the old crook ;) ) and for David James.

D'you know I never know abut football matches and only noticed this because I thought

'Hello! the editor must be excited!' :D

sorry they didn't win!

2 posts in the sporty forum in 2 days! I must be turning! :D

Hey, I've been to Wembley twice in a month with City so I'm not complaining!

Plus I've tasted defeat with Cardiff more times than I care to recall, but there was no shame in today's result.

Bloooobirds!

(and now on to the Albert for some post-match consolation drinking!)
Well said.

I just got back.

Absolutely. Gutted. :(

However, I didn't die in a near car crash on the way back, so I suppose I should be happy about that.

As they are singing in my pub...

Kay Saraah Saraah
Whatever will be will be
We're going to Swansea
K serra serra

:D

We noticed as we were leaving Wembley that the Pompey fans were all sitting quietly in their coaches, not really celebrating. So we started up a bit of a singsong and did the conga up and down the aisle. Que very confused looks from their fans. :cool:

I was in no state to celebrate, I was absolutely knackered :eek:

Well played Bluebirds, you terrified me for the full time :D

I was in no state to celebrate, I was absolutely knackered :eek:

Well played Bluebirds, you terrified me for the full time :D

Cheers fella. Well done to your lot. Hope you enjoyed it.

Class between the divisions told in the end. Good game and a great day. Was very pleasant all the fans mingling before and after. Happy days.

FACupFinal170508019.jpg

Before

FACupFinal170508027.jpg

During

FACupFinal170508044.jpg

After :D

It was nice to see sol campbell lift the cup a fine servant to arsenal and spurs and pompey and ofcourse england a fine footballer he deserved it;)

Sir Bobby presenting the cup pleased me more than any cousin marrying royal twat ever would.

He's a proper football man, although it seems that time is now taking its toll :(

Well done the F.A for giving him the chance :cool:

The stroke's done for his left hand :(

It's a natural process, of course it is, and for Bobby it's a shame. But he's achieved nearly everything he could in his chosen profession, represented club and country as player and manager. He's managed at home to success, and abroad to even greater success.

:cool:

Leg. End.

Agreed....he's been pretty damn ill these last few years but ask a Barca fan what they think of Bobby Robson and you will see the broadest grin :D

yeah, but he was so excited!!

and sweaty betty!!

oh god ya'll!!

I have no voice left:D

What a wicked game of football- when that cardiff goal went in, it took me ages to realise it was disallowed i was cheering and jumping about so much:rolleyes::D

Well done pompey :cool:

Just got home and am absolutely knackered.

Can i just say that despite the result it was an incredible experience and a most enjoyable weekend.

Respect to both sets of fans. I can never remember a losing teams fans staying behind like we did yesterday. The Pompey fans were brillaint after and stood in the car park applauding the Cardiff coaches out of Wembley.

For all those who said that the FA Cup wasnt the same without a big name team in the final, I think you missed the point, yesterday was two sides who are still largely supported by people from their home town. Both sets of fans know more of the downs than the ups of football and appreciated what a momentous occassion it was win or lose. There was an empathy between the fans that you wouldnt have got with a fashionable club. All fans were drinking together after the game and I did not see any hint of anything untoward I hope this was the case all day.

Congratulations Pompey and well done city, we were not disgraced and I can't wait to do it again, I like FA Cup finals and I would rather like another one please!!:D

Excellent day, CCFC were loud and proud (not like that :D) - it all went off perfectly. The pub beforehand was the best atmosphere i've been in since Wigan 2005! The walk to the ground was a soaking one, and we ended up coming through the CCFC end which prompted some light hearted banter, but generally it was good luck to you and have a good day all the way around. I was terrified for the first quarter hour, got increasingly confident, said some very very rude words when Kanu hit the post and then went ballistic. When the CCFC phantom goal happened it too me as long as anyone to stop being gutted. I had to ring home and ask my dad why it got given off (partly, because if it was a nothing thing i'd have been gutted - honestly, because it wouldn't have been fair :eek: ). The second half was a mix of shouting and singing and dancing, and gut wrenching terror especially when Ramsey came one (what a player!). I thought CCFC did well, played to their limit and had good chances.

Didn't think much of the ref though :mad:

Stat attack!

Possession
Portsmouth 49% Cardiff 51%
Shots on target
Portsmouth 5 Cardiff 3
Shots off target
Portsmouth 6 Cardiff 6
Corners
Portsmouth 6 Cardiff 7
Fouls
Portsmouth 23 Cardiff 9 (dutty Pompey!)
Bookings (all Pompey)
Hreidarsson 45
Kranjcar 54
Diarra 90
Att: 89,874 (I'm sure they announced a bigger figure)

HH's booking was his own bloody fault. Running after the ref to protest a decision....I was not happy with him.

That said he broke his cheekbone in the first half and played on, so well done lad.

Just got home and am absolutely knackered.

Can i just say that despite the result it was an incredible experience and a most enjoyable weekend.

Respect to both sets of fans. I can never remember a losing teams fans staying behind like we did yesterday. The Pompey fans were brillaint after and stood in the car park applauding the Cardiff coaches out of Wembley.

For all those who said that the FA Cup wasnt the same without a big name team in the final, I think you missed the point, yesterday was two sides who are still largely supported by people from their home town. Both sets of fans know more of the downs than the ups of football and appreciated what a momentous occassion it was win or lose. There was an empathy between the fans that you wouldnt have got with a fashionable club. All fans were drinking together after the game and I did not see any hint of anything untoward I hope this was the case all day.

Congratulations Pompey and well done city, we were not disgraced and I can't wait to do it again, I like FA Cup finals and I would rather like another one please!!:D

I thought both fans mixed well before and after the game. I spoke to lots of Pompey all through the day and they were all a nice bunch. Lots if empathy as 1927 said

Football was the winner on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom