Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

F1 2024

Interesting that Max is moaning and making mistakes so quickly after falling back into the pack, but Spa next week so we will see then who really has the fastest car

Looking forward to it

The more i think about, my view is Lando did the right thing but the team did the wrong thing
Agreed. I also believe that Nozza did the right thing in the wrong way. Instead of the post-race natterati talking about the ins and outs of the Nozza's conduct, it should be about the team strategy bringing in drivers out of sequence.

Only came in for the end bit. Can someone say why Norris had to give up the place? Had he nicked it in the first place (and if so, how)?

Agreed. I also believe that Nozza did the right thing in the wrong way. Instead of the post-race natterati talking about the ins and outs of the Nozza's conduct, it should be about the team strategy bringing in drivers out of sequence.
Yes. the team would have got the constructors points whichever way hey finished, but they lost upto 9 points in the drivers championship. Having that number 1 on your car is really important for sponsorship etc.

Team let him box first when he was in 2nd place, should have been Piastri as he was infront

Cheers. So what was McLaren's reasoning for doing so? Tactical fuck up? Or done in the knowledge (hope?) that Norris would 'do the right thing'? Or something more complicated?

Just trying to work out the 'morals' of this.

Crofty sneaked in a reference to the second part* of the famous saying. "There's no I in team" during the final laps when he was talking to Brundle, "Great to have U here today."

*But there is a U in cunt.

Max is a real hypocrite, he turns in on other drivers all the time. Lewis was well infront when he turned into the corner.

He put all the blame on the team, really not a team player and after all his team has done for him. Way to go to get your team to turn against you

Cheers. So what was McLaren's reasoning for doing so? Tactical fuck up? Or done in the knowledge (hope?) that Norris would 'do the right thing'? Or something more complicated?

Just trying to work out the 'morals' of this.
I personally think it was a wrong team call, they get the same points whoever finished first, but didn't help Lando in the drivers championship.

Bad call in my view and not a good way for Piastri to win his first race, Lando was over 5 seconds infront when they told him to give up the place

I personally think it was a wrong team call, they get the same points whoever finished first, but didn't help Lando in the drivers championship.

Bad call in my view and not a good way for Piastri to win his first race, Lando was over 5 seconds infront when they told him to give up the place
Agree.

Back
Top Bottom