Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Extinction Rebellion

And you're wrong. And that post of yours speaks volumes about you.

The Labour Party have waived through every heinous tory bill going in parliament.

And here, read this: Labouring in vain: a critical history of the Labour Party

You seem to have continued to post, again and again, I see.

Cool, the leaflet named after racist pub signs again...

ETA Spoiler as contains racist imagery

1630165613345.png

1630165681752.png

1630165639396.png

Anyway, I have to clean my goldfish out, which is far more productive than this.

Last edited:
And you're wrong. And that post of yours speaks volumes about you.

The Labour Party have waived through every heinous tory bill through parliament.

None of this is relevant nor disputed.

All of the claims in that article can be true and it can also be true that Labour would still be better for the working class than this Tory government. If you genuinely believe that, had Corbyn's Labour won in 2019, things would be at best as they are now then I don't know how to continue this conversation. I think there's a fundamental lack of nuance present. My only concern is how things are for the working class. We can vote for labour as a tool in the overall aresenal of class war while we move to better conditions. It doesn't mean we love them or even support them. Your position seems to be incredibly reductionist and impractical. We aren't in a position to get an ideal society at this time, anarchism is viewed with even more misunderstanding and derision than communism. I mentioned the 2011 riots for a reason earlier. People didn't think it was a revolutionary step, they thought it was chaos and destruction...anarchy (in their minds). Why else did the cops in Bristol accuse protesters of breaking bones? We shouldn't sacrifice the possibility of some modest gains on the altar of ideological purity.

Not really, a few probationers might get something out of it given the lack of football policing these days but not much else, perhaps a chance for a new silver to realise that even a relatively good command and control system is never a match for distributed decision making against a broad strategic aim, but most know that by now and go with the flow. Most old bill lock on teams will have seen it all before, although the transportable concrete two person jobs inside wheelie suitcases were a pretty nifty idea. Otherwise just an opportunity for bored rozzers to stand around Covent Garden and the city listening to Samba bands and whinging about the lack of bank holiday overtime.
Training not in the sense of instilling new knowledge but of practicing what they do know, as a musician practices a piece

Training not in the sense of instilling new knowledge but of practicing what they do know, as a musician practices a piece
Oh I see; Bizzies variations on a theme of standing about and moaning.

Keeps em off the streets I suppose...

Does my nut that after years of knocking out these little moan ups once a week he still hasn't learned to speak to camera.
On the other hand, he does have some quite nice flowers, and that pinboard thing looks like it'd be interesting to have a look at, so he has that going for him.

Piers Corbyn turned up at the "blood money" march in the City today (ETA: appeared halfway through to heckle). Who would have thought that a covid denier would also be a climate change denier? :rolleyes: anyway he wasn't exactly very well received and people kept unplugging his mic from the loudhailer, as well as drumming to drown him out.

I learned that there are XR "de-escalation" people in white vests, who get in the way when it looks like a fight is going to start, which sounds hippyish but is actually a good idea if you want to maintain non violence but people are still human and can be provoked. Someone did have a half hearted lunge at him but got nowhere near, though the loudhailer holder of course wanked on about "XR thugs" after that. They went away after a while.

(I also learned that if someone is speaking through a mic connected to a loudhailer it is extremely easy to just reach in and pull the cable.)
Their de escalation people can be hugely shit. They intervened when I confronted two known fascists on a XR demo in Whitehall and they managed to get away as a result. The appeals for peace and love and pacifism seemed at best naive.

Their de escalation people can be hugely shit. They intervened when I confronted two known fascists on a XR demo in Whitehall and they managed to get away as a result. The appeals for peace and love and pacifism seemed at best naive.
Sounds like they succeeded in de-escalating that one. Which may not have been the 'right result' but was what they were trying to do.

What were your intentions re the fascist scum if X R hadn't let them escape: exposing them to other protestors; giving the two of them a decent shoeing or stabbing them?

Had someone ask me about XR today and whether they should get involved, not because I'm part of it, just because I'm more up on these things I suppose. Basically told them it was well intentioned but, from what I've seen, pointless. Suggested trying some local community org instead for actual hands on usefulness. Maybe I'm missing something? Passed by a few of their day out actions over the last few years, still yet to see anything particularly... active. Just seems like bog standard static protests with a slightly more middle class and naive vibe.

Went to this today. Rally by XR International section. XR are supporting /working with Pan Africanist group who want reparations. Did hear three speakers. The second from the XR International section said until Capitalism is got rid of the inequality and poverty affecting black and indegenous people would not end. Gail Bradbrook talked of how Neo Liberalism was a failure. The idea that allowing so called free markets to flourish would reduce inequality across the world has failed. Corporations are part of the problem. As well as most global institutions. XR was working to hold a Peoples Assembly for the global South. (not sure she used that term). This would be bottom up decision making. The first speaker who I think was from the African reparations group linked environmental destruction, imperialism and legacy of slavery together.

Most of above seems OK to me. Though I'm not convinced about People's Assemblies.

Doing this in Brixton outside the Rec where Nelson Mandela came is appropriate.

Some photos.IMG_20210828_134638.jpgIMG_20210828_140115.jpgIMG_20210828_134946.jpgIMG_20210828_134530.jpgIMG_20210828_134707.jpg

The guys who hang out in the Eritrean cafe liked the speakers

Why the fuck shouldn't a protest resemble a party?

Tbf the party aspect of a lot of protests tends to be defined by what sort of party a handful of the protestors want. Which is fine, to each their own, but doesn't exactly draw in those it doesn't appeal to.

Back
Top Bottom