Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Extinction Rebellion

"Diesel or gin?" has the makings of a great Day Today/Brass Eye bit. Also, did people round your way refer to snakebite & black as diesel, or was that just a local thing, or possibly even a very mid-2000s thing?

"Diesel or gin?" has the makings of a great Day Today/Brass Eye bit. Also, did people round your way refer to snakebite & black as diesel, or was that just a local thing, or possibly even a very mid-2000s thing?
I think diesel was snakebite and black with vodka or something in it, back in my day?
1629389940220.png

I remember hearing this in Stoke, early 2000s

"The pundits of the various leftist movements have spent thousands of words telling us how much better their red climate movement would have been (more working class!, more intersectional!, more militant!) than XR if only they’d got round to doing it."

:D :thumbs:
I love this article.

XR Pink table in Covent Garden. Surrounded by police. All credit to them for getting table up View attachment 284889
Any idea what the "human contact" one is on about, is that an XR thing or was it there already? There's a part of me that wonders if it's anti-lockdown stuff, but then I suppose it's a sorry state of affairs if I start reading the phrase "human contact" as being a dodgy dogwhistle.

Any idea what the "human contact" one is on about, is that an XR thing or was it there already? There's a part of me that wonders if it's anti-lockdown stuff, but then I suppose it's a sorry state of affairs if I start reading the phrase "human contact" as being a dodgy dogwhistle.

That predates this demo. I've seen a lot of those human contact posters around.

I think they're an anti-lockdown thing tbh.

Few thousand in Trafalgar square today.

There weren't. There was a massive crowd along Cranbourne St. and Garrick St., may still be there (probably is) and around Covent Garden. Police had Tottenham Ct.Rd closed. But Trafalgar Sq. had maybe a dozen stray XR placards wandering about among the tourists. I was in and around the square (and the National Gallery) from 1pm till after 4 and never saw an XR crowd forming there.

Could still happen, but I imagine the police will be doing everything they can to prevent it.

(Apologies, I tried to upload a couple of photos of Cranbourne St and Trafalgar Sq, but my phone won't let me)

Last edited:
"The pundits of the various leftist movements have spent thousands of words telling us how much better their red climate movement would have been (more working class!, more intersectional!, more militant!) than XR if only they’d got round to doing it."

:D :thumbs:
Fair point, but it doesn't the failings of XR and it's unwillingness to see the root of the problem they are fighting: capitalism. Hopefully that can change

Back
Top Bottom