Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Extinction Rebellion

Whilst i am 100% with you on Blair being held accountable, you seem to have a need to shoehorn you particular hobby horses into other threads /derail.
Talking of ER, I was quite pleased the other day to be invited to be an ER writer though I haven't penned a syllable for them yet. Glad the writers are on board.

They know exactly what they are doing. Environmental protestors have been the primary target for years, it's particularly kicking off now, and it will get worse and worse.

I criticise people for organising stuff on facebook because it's facebook and thus can/will get shut down at a moment's notice, as well as FB happily handing over any data from their social tracking systems to the cops. It's not so much to do with the public nature of it.

Much of the point here is that somewhere in the region of 40 officers including TSG descended on premises that had absolutely nothing to do with XR arrested 5 people including the owner all of whom were later released without charge. The fuckers have the time and the resources to do this but offer pale, limp excuses when it comes to investigating potential wrongdoing by the vermin. I have no time for them whatsoever.

Much of the point here is that somewhere in the region of 40 officers including TSG descended on premises that had absolutely nothing to do with XR arrested 5 people including the owner all of whom were later released without charge. The fuckers have the time and the resources to do this but offer pale, limp excuses when it comes to investigating potential wrongdoing by the vermin. I have no time for them whatsoever.
Hope that's 5 people who are contacting their solicitors with a view to getting a fat wrongful arrest payout down the line. I was going to say that it could fund a lot of XR activities, but on re-reading they're nothing to with XR, so... could fund a lot of whatever non-XR-related things they're into, I suppose? Pay for a lot of metal poles, whatever.

Hope that's 5 people who are contacting their solicitors with a view to getting a fat wrongful arrest payout down the line. I was going to say that it could fund a lot of XR activities, but on re-reading they're nothing to with XR, so... could fund a lot of whatever non-XR-related things they're into, I suppose? Pay for a lot of metal poles, whatever.
Tbh if I got nicked on an xr thing they could whistle for any damages I got, I'd rather give money to an organisation with better politics and practice

This is good

... Suggests blocking the road might come to be fine during protests (post DSEI action)
another one

If I was really cynical, I would suspect Extinction Rebellion of being an operation by the fossil-fueled establishment, to derail climate activism by presenting it as a binary between XR’s radical ideas, and doing nothing, and at some point decrying their predictions as overly alarmist, their demands as impossible, and presenting refocusing on adaptation as the lesser evil.

If I was really cynical, I would suspect Extinction Rebellion of being an operation by the fossil-fueled establishment, to derail climate activism by presenting it as a binary between XR’s radical ideas, and doing nothing, and at some point decrying their predictions as overly alarmist, their demands as impossible, and presenting refocusing on adaptation as the lesser evil.

You wouldn't be cynical, you'd be a conspiracy loon.

Back
Top Bottom