Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Extinction Rebellion

They've been building those tunnels for 7 fckin months and noones thought oh hang on is this actually a good idea?!? Wtaf?

Pallette wood ffs. And for 7 fckin months these numptys have been down there digging going oh yeah it's sound this. They've not thought to health and safety it or ask someone qualified?

It's criminal negligence that. And this is where that daft arrogance they've got gets really dangerous. Oh my days. I just hope everyone is alright.

Oh come on, that's a bit over dramatic. Lots of political stuff is risky, and sometimes a bit stupid too, doesn't mean it should never be tried. It's not what I'd do, but they are adults with capacity to make these kind of choices.

It's got to be risky. That's how it works . It means that eviction teams have to shore up as they go, dragging out the whole process.

Oh come on, that's a bit over dramatic. Lots of political stuff is risky, and sometimes a bit stupid too, doesn't mean it should never be tried. It's not what I'd do, but they are adults with capacity to make these kind of choices.

I dont think it is really. I mean I get that there's always going to be risk involved. But they do have a responsibility. They can make it inconvenient for the bailiffs or whoever comes to chuck them out while still making it safe. There's a balance. But building with pallette wood, Underground, In London in January? Above ground in summer you'd have a hard job building something with any structural integrity. They really need to do better here.

I dont think it is really. I mean I get that there's always going to be risk involved. But they do have a responsibility. They can make it inconvenient for the bailiffs or whoever comes to chuck them out while still making it safe. There's a balance. But building with pallette wood, Underground, In London in January? Above ground in summer you'd have a hard job building something with any structural integrity. They really need to do better here.
Responsibility to who? Themselves?

As for building, the photos I've seen from inside look like it's been done with 4x2 and shuttering ply.

Was just looking for somewhere appropriate to post this news but you all got here before me lol. Woodcock appears to be a total establishment stooge and one-time alleged sex-pest. No redeeming features at all and I also think that his 'report' will focus more on the 'hard left' (is that even a thing anymore?) than the far-right.

Last edited:
Was just looking for somewhere appropriate to post this news but you all got here before me lol. Woodcock appears to be a total establishment stooge and one-time alleged sex-pest. No redeeming features at all and I also think that his 'report' will focus more on the 'hard left' (is that even a thing anymore?) than the far-right.
Rewarded alongside Ian Austin for services rendered 2015-19. Absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever

Apparently magistrates are repeatedly saying 'there's no place for science in the courtroom'. - this in response to the science backing up climate change. What?

Apparently magistrates are repeatedly saying 'there's no place for science in the courtroom'. - this in response to the science backing up climate change. What?

Well clearly science backing up climate change has nowt to do with the public order offences the magistrates are hearing, so they would be correct in saying that.

Surely it's the same as magistrates saying the Magna Carta has no place in the courtroom when dealing with 'Freemen of the Land' loons?

There is a defence of necessity, which she refers to.

And, clearly doesn't apply here.

Firstly, English law does, in extreme circumstances, recognise a defence of necessity. Most commonly this defence arises as duress, that is, pressure on the accuseds will from the wrongful threats or violence of another. Equally however it can arise from other objective dangers threatening the accused or others. Arising thus it is conveniently called duress of circumstances.

Second, the defence is available only if, from an objective standpoint, the accused can be said to be acting reasonably and proportionately in order to avoid a threat of death or serious injury.

Third, assuming the defence to be open to the accused on his account of the facts, the issue should be left to the jury, who should be directed to determine these two questions: first, was the accused, or may he have been, impelled to act as he did because as a result of what he reasonably believed to be the situation he had good cause to fear that otherwise death or serious physical injury would result second, if so, would a sober person of reasonable firmness, sharing the characteristics of the accused, have responded to that situation by acting as the accused acted? If the answer to both those questions was then the defence of necessity would have been established."

It's just the most fucking excruciatingly middle class thing I've ever seen, and I have mirrors in my house.

No one with any fear of losing anything actually behaves like this.

I don't care whether they have any fear of losing anything. (They patently could lose a whole lot, anyone can be arrested, but that or whether they appreciate it is not the point.) How does that matter in any way? What should they have done instead and why, or who should have replaced them if that was somehow so bad?

N.B. it's a video from the Sun btw

Also if that's the most middle class thing you've ever seen you clearly never saw any Remain rallies.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom