Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

'Explosion' on Parsons Green tube train - injuries reported after terrorist incident

If it were me, I wouldn't have stood there filming the fucking thing. Potential Darwin Award candidate there.
It's the woman that then points at it. As if it's difficult to see a bright shining lisle bag. With a bucket in it. On a tube. That's on fire.

The news reports are now saying it is a terrorist incident.

As well as reports of cuts and grazes from injuries caused by people running away, one of the reports says that a small boy has his head "smacked against the concrete wall" in the stampede to escape. :(

Well they have declared it a terrorist at now. Guess that bag of fertilizer was a bomb then.
They've declared it as a terrorist act, but then state it's too early to know the cause. I smell bullshit!

I'm still thinking it's natural spontanious(sp) explosion of that bag of furitlizer

Internal communications at my work have declared it a terrorist incident and asked us to check that our colleagues from Parsons Green are OK. From the sounds of it, that may be a bit of an overreaction.

There needs to be a serious society wide discussion about the categorizing of incidents as 'terrorism' imo. Best off if the title was scrapped entirely and these things were just dealt with as criminal acts.
The police get to exercise their draconian powers if they can categorise it as terrorism.
If they only call it attempted murder then they have to follow human rights guidelines n shit.

hat to be the cynic and don't want to come across as a troofer, but an incident without fatalities like this is a great opportunity for them with an interest in the game and power - both the perp and the counter perps.

Trump has already decided it's a terrorist attack and is tweeting about it :facepalm:
I don't think we can assume he's 'decided' anything - presumably the president of the united states might be privy to intelligence about incidents like this that the rest of us might not be?

It does look like a very shit bomb, however It might not have gone off as it's supposed to, that bucket might be full of nails or something.

I don't think we can assume he's 'decided' anything - presumably the president of the united states might be privy to intelligence about incidents like this that the rest of us might not be?
perhaps, but he is prone to going off half cock on twitter

Well, an inept terrorist attack is still a terrorist act.

It isn't the ineptness that I think means it shouldn't be categorized as such, more the factors that the usage of the term across the board brings into play. There's some pretty good arguments that one of things using that term does is glorify and partly act as a recruiter for more of the same.

Yep, he's tweeted that the people responsible were already within the sights of Scotland Yard, helpfully saving authorities the trouble of having to decide whether publicly releasing that information when the suspects are still at large could jeopardise the investigation.

Personally I prefer to hear of shit bombs that fail to be as destructive as intended. Hopefully those responsible are those with the most serious burns.

Indeed, I'm sure they'll be found quickly given the amount of CCTV on the tube.

Back
Top Bottom