Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Expansion of AI and political / social impacts...

I'm not sure how this is relevant anyway, GAI training on stolen work isn't parody or satire, you generating output distilled from that theft isn't either. You're not involved in a process of creative modification.
Like I said, nobody complained about cassetteboy which is direct plagiarism.

I didn’t google. I know this. Now disprove it.

That's not how it works and you know that. You claimed you are free to plagiarise work for satire. That is total bollocks, because there are tons of restrictions on that. If you want to back up your original claim, go ahead.

That's not how it works and you know that. You claimed you are free to plagiarise work for satire. That is total bollocks, because there are tons of restrictions on that. If you want to back up your original claim, go ahead.
Tell me about the restrictions regarding cassetteboy then.

Also people did complain. A lot. And when they started out they were entirely illegal, which is why they couldn't make any money from it.

But never mind. Let's give up any way for anyone except AI designers to make money from films, so that you can make four seconds of Identikit banality. So freeing! Making all creative endeavours unpaid definitely won't mean that "the lower orders" find it even harder to break into the arts.

Ok, so you’ve now discovered that a new law was brought in after cassetteboy started and have piped down on your earlier claim to greater knowledge.

Are you genuinely confused as to the difference between a human artist taking work for the purpose of remix/parody through an open and creative process and a GAI dataset undertaking an automated process of mass theft of millions of pieces of creative work (and general personal data) without awareness, consent, attribution or recourse in order to build a vast plagiarism system for the chronically dull to use as they indulge in a poor imitation of creativity? I mean, I'm fairly well up on the arguments made by GAI evangelists and even the most ardent of them would blush at that level of feigned ignorance.

Tell me about the restrictions regarding cassetteboy then.

Very short sections, has to be clearly satire, fair use, usually crediting the original creators, only became law after a lot of their famous releases - that's a fuckload of restrictions. Maybe you should check the actual law before arguing about it.

I'm going to put you on ignore, though. I'm embarrassed at myself for arguing with someone like you.

Very short sections, has to be clearly satire, fair use, usually crediting the original creators, only became law after a lot of their famous releases - that's a fuckload of restrictions. Maybe you should check the actual law before arguing about it.

I'm going to put you on ignore, though. I'm embarrassed at myself for arguing with someone like you.
I would ignore me too if I accused me of googling before doing so myself.

Except your claim NOT BACKED UP BY THE LAW YOU PATHETIC MORON.

Do you think me providing a link to the law backs you up? I suppose you could have just recited it by heart, except you refused to cite anything at all, mainly because your interpretation was wrong.

Now you're on ignore. Maybe use chatgpt to write your posts next time. We all know we're going to end up replying to posts like that all the time, so you might as well be a pioneer in something.

2: Sooner or later we will see a surge in copyright claims against GAI models for their blatant theft, those claims will come from corporate media platforms and a minority of wealthier artists, not from your average working creator. Already companies are both expanding their training base and getting ahead of those claims by striking details with platform operators and institutions which completely bypass any notion of consent (or even awareness) to inclusion in these datasets. Reddit is the most recent one to sell off its user's work en masse but within the last few weeks universities have been signing up for it too and there was a whole SAG strike about the potential for Hollywood to sell of artists work without consent or recompense.

More data sell offs. Worth noting is the carve out for high end partners like Apple whose creative content these platforms 'may not own', bit of a contrast to the perceived rights of the average user.

1000014190.png
Interesting that it doesn't sell itself but needs incentives. Bad in journalism, really bad when it starts being sold to credulous states and institutions who end up anchoring themselves to private GAI platforms which are ultimately not fit for purpose.

Back
Top Bottom