Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ex-Undercover Reveals Police Targeted Stephen Lawrence's Family

West Midlands had terrible form in the years prior to Hillsborough if my childhood memories serve me correctly. They had a serious crimes unit that was pure filth.

Don't be irish and in their hands. I think the first thread i ever did on here in 2001 was about the worst ob at away games - think they came out top. That wasn't even their 'clever suited people'.

BNjfenTCcAA6R43.jpg

The BBC actually ran a rare program critical of NHS/social care privatisation at the same time this was on. :facepalm:

I got a bit annoyed by all the recapping after the ad breaks in the C4 programme, probably only about 20mins of actual programme in there once you stripped that out.

The light of truth will never get into all these dark corners, will it? Did they say something like 120 officers involved in this stuff - so far only ten exposed.

I think I remember the YRE stuff being mentioned when this news started drippings out , ages ago, and wondering why they would have been spying on what to my knowledge was never a very high profile group. Bit before my time but I'd barely even heard of them.

It seems now that they used YRE as an 'in' to these black justice campaigns presumably because they didn't believe any black officers they had at the time could be trusted to shit on 'their own', YRE were their way of getting white undercovers in to spy on grieving black families. The whole thing is unbelievably sick.

I still don't get why this was worth it for them though, what was the endgame for whoever sanctioned this, just their pension? That's it?

My very clear position now is that police should no longer be involved in any undercover work against political activists.

Note the wording is that police should no longer be doing undercover work, presumably this kind of work should be done by private companies? or maybe a different govt department not the police.

My very clear position now is that police should no longer be involved in any undercover work against political activists.

Note the wording is that police should no longer be doing undercover work, presumably this kind of work will be done by private companies? or maybe a different govt department not the police.

News International might have some useful contacts?

West Midlands had terrible form in the years prior to Hillsborough if my childhood memories serve me correctly. They had a serious crimes unit that was pure filth.

Pioneers of the "Tesco carrier bag over the head of the suspect" tactic that saw their confession rate soar to heights unattainable by other squads, the dirty shitcunts. :mad:

Note the wording is that police should no longer be doing undercover work, presumably this kind of work will be done by private companies? or maybe a different govt department not the police.
I think you're reading too much into the specific words used by an ex-frontline undercover officer in a webchat.

Bear in mind that the evidence shows that there was clear collusion between SB and private security from at the very least the mid-1980s onwards, including through the time Francis was deployed.

Nothing Francis has said since his first published interviews with Tony Thompson in 2010 has ever hinted that he is a cheerleader for private companies taking over this sort of undercover work from the police.

Companies such as that run by Lord Blair of Boughton, former Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police Service, by any chance?

I think you're reading too much into the specific words used by an ex-frontline undercover officer in a webchat.

Bear in mind that the evidence shows that there was clear collusion between SB and private security from at the very least the mid-1980s onwards, including through the time Francis was deployed.

Nothing Francis has said since his first published interviews with Tony Thompson in 2010 has ever hinted that he is a cheerleader for private companies taking over this sort of undercover work from the police.

I know i'm just being cynical. It's just a reflex when I hear of ex police touts and infiltrators writing books with the Guardian and ostensibly coming clean with their guilty consciences, only to end up working for/advising certain companies that work in that field on the sly. Not that I'm saying this guy is upto any of that, just it's generally good to be a cynical badminded piece of work when it comes to these things.

Indeed. I can see why people are inclined to take what he said with a pinch of salt, but he called on other former members od SDS to blow the whistle, didn't take any money for participating in the Channel 4 and said something to the effect that he identified with antifascists rather than with the police now

I think I remember the YRE stuff being mentioned when this news started drippings out , ages ago, and wondering why they would have been spying on what to my knowledge was never a very high profile group. Bit before my time but I'd barely even heard of them.

It seems now that they used YRE as an 'in' to these black justice campaigns presumably because they didn't believe any black officers they had at the time could be trusted to shit on 'their own', YRE were their way of getting white undercovers in to spy on grieving black families. The whole thing is unbelievably sick.

I still don't get why this was worth it for them though, what was the endgame for whoever sanctioned this, just their pension? That's it?

I think it was in "Peter's" personal interests to emphesise the smearing of the Stephen Lawrence Campaign and Dwynne Brookes - part of his own case against the met.
As he said - there was already an 'in' - the police liaison officer parked on the families doorstep. YRE was not really an 'in' to the Stephen Lawrence Campaign itself - if that was the mets initial idea they were sadly mistaken.

Indeed. I can see why people are inclined to take what he said with a pinch of salt, but he called on other former members od SDS to blow the whistle, didn't take any money for participating in the Channel 4 and said something to the effect that he identified with antifascists rather than with the police now

I was gonna joke - "that's the effect of militant education even on this piggie" - but no, he's just a slimey little fecker with his own axe to grind and interests to serve - thats just a flag of convenience for an amoral little fuck. (i guess that means i'm on the sceptical side of the spectrum)

I know i'm just being cynical. It's just a reflex when I hear of ex police touts and infiltrators writing books with the Guardian and ostensibly coming clean with their guilty consciences, only to end up working for/advising certain companies that work in that field on the sly. Not that I'm saying this guy is upto any of that, just it's generally good to be a cynical badminded piece of work when it comes to these things.
Fair point on being generally sceptical - but certainly, whilst he was been thin on detail about what he did for most of his deployment, Francis/Black/Daley/A has been consistent in what he was been saying since 2010.

Contrast that with the major inconsistencies in the narrative put forward by Mark Kennedy/Stone at various times. These include his response to being outed, the phone conversations, the big interviews with the Mail and BBC News (Victoria Derbyshire), the TV documentary, his startled comments to an activist at their chance meeting at a train station(?), his evidence before the HAC - and then consider also his actions since first being outed (eg setting up Tokra with help from GO, his security consultancy in America etc).

Bob Lambert, on the other hand, has tried his best to be consistent - offering only a broad and non-specific apology but apart from that avoiding any dialogue, keeping his head down.

I was gonna joke - "that's the effect of militant education even on this piggie" - but no, he's just a slimey little fecker with his own axe to grind and interests to serve - thats just a flag of convenience for an amoral little fuck. (i guess that means i'm on the sceptical side of the spectrum)

Yup, however when you tie it up with that World In action programme it gives an insight into what they were really upto at that time.

Back
Top Bottom