Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ex-Undercover Reveals Police Targeted Stephen Lawrence's Family

This is N78, Trevor Morris, AKA ‘Anthony Fitzgerald Lewis’ AKA ‘Bobby Gee’, who was deployed to spy on the SWP/ANL plus sundry others such as HCDA and the Justice for Joy Gardner Campaign.

Morris joined Special Branch in July 1986. He started off in P Squad (covering ports-of-entry, the standard SB entry-level squad), then E Squad (described internally as covering “Aliens, Commonwealth and Colonial communities, and racial or ‘colour’ problems”, but in later years more generically as “International Terrorism”), C Squad (communist groups and industrial organisers; later a remit more widely given as ‘domestic extremists’ of a left-wing persuasion), S Squad (which supported various undercover operations and units, including SDS) and another unit, before he was groomed for recruitment to SDS by Bob Lambert, and joined in January/February 1991.

(This was in the period after Lambert's field deployment ended in 1989 but before he returned in November 1993 to run it as Operations Controller - i.e. when he was in E Squad in the wake of the ‘Rushdie Affair’, which is where he first made the contacts that allowed him to later set up the Muslim Contact Unit. Towards the end of Morris' undercover deployment, Lambert asked him to stay on to “infiltrate an extremist Islamic organisation”.)

Morris began in SDS as a Detective Constable, but made Detective Sergeant in July 1991. Morris's undercover SDS deployment ended in July 1995.

After his SDS deployment Morris was transferred to Heathrow as a Temporary Detective Inspector in P Squad; elsewhere he describes being promoted to DI
in June 1999. He performed an unspecified role 1997-2002.

In late 2001 Morris joined National Public Order Intelligence Unit (NPOIU), where he set up the Strategic Analysis Unit (SAU). He left NPOIU in mid-2002, but may have later returned to it in some capacity. After the NPOIU posting, he returned to a Special Branch Squad in 2003, and stayed in it, even after 2006 - when SB was disbanded and subsumed into Counter Terrorism Command (SO15) - until his retirement in February 2012.

Bonus LOL:

Retired Detective Inspector Trevor Morris also known as "Anthony 'Bobby' Lewis" also known as "Bobby McGee"

GT0drzDW4AAYZXX.png

... then as "Anthony 'Bobby' Lewis" also known as "Bobby McGee"

GT0drzYXoAAEQzR.png

... and now as 67-year old Retired Detective Inspector Trevor Morris.​

There was 2 demos' May 8th 1993 and October 16th 1993. The first one got to the BNP bookshop, them polis stopped the 2nd one going past. Both had a major rammy, the 2nd demo was a bit of a bigger rammy. I was at both, in the front rows of stewards both times.
Yeh the first one was yre as I recall, the second the unity demo

Morris is talking about the 16 October 1993 Unity demo, at which the majority of the deployed SDS undercovers were present: including Morris himself amongst the ANL/SWP contingent, Francis with YRE/Militant, a BNP infiltrator in the bookshop itself, and a Combat 18 infiltrator on the periphery.

Yeh the first one was yre as I recall, the second the unity demo

Spot on mate. The first was the smaller, by some distance, of the two, that demo got to the bookshop. There was rows of crowd control barriers. The YRE stewards were trying to move the barriers, a number of coppers got stuck between 2 rows. The stewards started ramming the barriers at the coppers stuck in between the rows. Plod lost control for a while, a BMW outside a social club a wee way down the road was trashed after the 'owner' made a rather injudicious racist remark to one of the crowd, unsurprisingly it didn't go well for him or his car. YRE stewards ensure that demo continued and returned to the start off point. The second demo was slightly different, the road to the bookshop was closed off, rows of plod on horseback and in riot gear down a side roads, No YRE 'fled the scene' from helping try and defend the demo to ferrying the injured to ambulances, past lots of plod, that were waiting YRE stewards were very much on the scene.

As an side, I was doing an access course at the time, trying to get to uni, and one of the classes was 'Politics and the media. A few days after the October 16th demo, World in Action dud a programme on that demo, the tutor recorded and played it in class... Unhelpfully they had coverage of the start of the rammy at the big road junction, and on the screen was a rather detailed shot of my coupon..... Oh I did laaaaarrrfff.

Last edited:
Morris is talking about the 16 October 1993 Unity demo, at which the majority of the deployed SDS undercovers were present: including Morris himself amongst the ANL/SWP contingent, Francis with YRE/Militant, a BNP infiltrator in the bookshop itself, and a Combat 18 infiltrator on the periphery.
C18 got confronted in Abbey Wood a few miles away from the demo after a group of AFA and Red Action stewards got to them.

Last edited:
Which cop infiltrated C18?
It's not been established yet.

But in other news that may interest you Morris does claim to have been “in contact with a search light [sic] activist who had infiltrated the Blood and Honour BNP group and who fed me information in my SWP role” (witness statement p39).

Screenshot 2024-08-02 at 19.00.19.png

Attachments

• MPS-0742898 B&H report.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom