Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Evolution - intelligent design or the result of random chance?

In the same way ants dont understand how a car works. We dont know how the wider universe works.

Only by putting ourselves in a state of ignorance can we experience this existence.

FridgeMagnet said:
No, we never will.

So that's this thread over then. Let's move on to the subject of the ridiculous prices that pubs charge for nuts. £2.50 for a small bowl of pistachios?

I think we will, just not in our lifetimes. Until the solution is clear evolution has evidence so I will go with that.

Nuts are expensive. Do you smuggle them into pubs?

No, we never will.

So that's this thread over then. Let's move on to the subject of the ridiculous prices that pubs charge for nuts. £2.50 for a small bowl of pistachios?

Well they are about that for a not so big packet in the shops. You always expect a mark up in pubs. If I could buy two bottles of wine for a tenner in pubs. . . . .

Finding a pub is evidence of the existence of a brewery. And of a firm of pub designers, probably from Shoreditch.

NUTS: intelligent design or pure evolution?

I think we should be told. I reckon the Government is hiding the secret from us...

Everything would be static and unchanging if nothing changed. Things respond to change and therefore evolve. Neither intelligent design or random chance!

Jack Black said:
Everything would be static and unchanging if nothing changed. Things respond to change and therefore evolve. Neither intelligent design or random chance!

In my youth you would struggle to find roasted peanuts let alone pistachios.

gentlegreen said:
I doubt even Dwyer would bother with such a pathetic thread.

Dwyer would have had a better stab. The OP read like Hawking asking 'do black holes do stuff or wot?'

In my youth you would struggle to find roasted peanuts let alone pistachios.
this has little or nothing to do with the important topic of discussion that has been raised! Shame on you for trying to pervert this chit-chat for your own selfish vices. :(

Jack Black said:
this has little or nothing to do with the important topic of discussion that has been raised! Shame on you for trying to pervert this chit-chat for your own selfish vices. :(

Raised? You mean weakly wheeled out again?

11%2B-%2B1

If you go in a pub that a desperate for / appreciate your custom, they bring you nuts for free although they're unlikely to be pistachios. Usually salted peanuts encouraging you to quench your thirst rapidly. Not quite as obvious and a bit tastier than them handing out dry crackers.

I suppose either is possible but what do you think?
Right. I can't leave this any longer. Evolution is not random. Darwin didn't say it was. Nor do modern geneticists.

Gene mutation is almost random (not quite: there are rules), but the adaptations which may result from those are selected for by environment (and sex). Natural selection favours those mutations best suited to the immediate environment. Giraffes didn't evolve long necks entirely by chance, but because those individuals with longer necks turned out to be better at surviving and passing on their genes.

Back
Top Bottom