Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Every Single NME tape from the 80s? *

theyve even chopped up the recordings into individual tracks - top work - and at 320. Listening to the All Africa Radio right now - cheering me up :)

I can't believe there were so many! I wish I still had that Rough Trade C81 - I've tried to find it on eBay but no luck. I do still have the High Voltage one though which is brill.

oh wow

I've been looking for Mixed Peel since the early 1990's when some thieving shit had it away from my walkman

It contains the single best version of 'The Story of the Blues' evah
downloading now - almost in tears with joy

nice find. A few tracks off Indie City 1 that i need and to hell with it, I might as well download Tape With No Name

the tracklists alone are a perfect illustration of how far the NME has fallen.

isn't it?
they used to do guides to Jazz and country and reggae and stuff?
actually well thought out and compiled?

in the NME? you'd hardly believe it would you.

see the 80's weren't all bad

I only have indie city 1 & 2

I have a couple of melody maker ones too, and many of the free melody maker and RM comp 7inchs

that is just awesome
there is, or used to be, somewhere online that has scans of old smash hits singles reviews written by neil tennant of the pet shop boys. i wish i could find it. he was achingly hip, showcasing all sorts of amazing NY dance records - early electro, freestyle, disco, etc. stuff like the peech boys and tyrone brunson. he had/has good taste in music, our neil.

Excellent, I had a number of these tapes at the time. C86 was an incredible compilation :)

Before the internet the NME was essential reading but the last time I read the paper it seemed like a kind of smash hits for indie/emo.

Back
Top Bottom