Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Essential Trump/Alt-Right Ridicule Thread

Behind the bar alone there are 15 gold-framed photos of Trump, whose penthouse apartment lurks 50 stories above. A giant picture of Trump sitting behind his presidential desk dominates the seating area.

In total, there are 39 photos of the former US president in the bar, suggesting this may be a venue for people who are fond of the former Apprentice host.

There’s a shot of Trump, the first president to be impeached twice, meeting the North Korean leader Kim Jong-un in the Korean demilitarized zone, while another photo shows Trump and Melania flanking an uninterested-looking Queen Elizabeth. One picture, a strange choice, shows Trump holding up a copy of the Washington Post with the headline: “Trump acquitted.”

The drinks follow the grandiose theme – at least in terms of the pricing, which is extortionate. The Forty Five – a whiskey with syrup and bitters, served with two small hamburgers and, bizarrely, a Diet Coke – is $45.

The Flotus – a potent white wine and gin ensemble that could hint at Melania’s lack of activity while in the White House – is $29.
The Mar-a-Lago spritzer, named after the Florida resort where Trump has been holed up since he left office, is a grift almost on a par with Trump University. The drink consists of white wine, soda water, and grapefruit juice. It is served with an orange wedge, and costs $29.

I'm not surprised by the diet soda. I'm a little surprised by the alcohol in the drinks celebrating Trump, since he's supposedly a tea total. He's probably a tea total in the same way that Don Jr. doesn't use cocaine. Why do would-be dictators always boast about their supposed abstinence?

The common thread that runs through the Left is celebration of paedophilia -- Hollywood came out in droves for Mr Polanski, and starting way back in the 1960s there has been an openly pro-Paedophile current in the Left -- check out the Paedophile Information Exchange in the UK, or the North American Man-Boy Love Association in the US -- plus, pleasure when people trying to establish a liberal democracy in backward Muslim shitholes are defeated, and women are dragged back into semi-slavery, with young girls forced to marry the Left's mujahadiin heroes.
Well, it didnt take long for you to get to this...

I'm not surprised by the diet soda. I'm a little surprised by the alcohol in the drinks celebrating Trump, since he's supposedly a tea total. He's probably a tea total in the same way that Don Jr. doesn't use cocaine. Why do would-be dictators always boast about their supposed abstinence?

IIRC, This was not always the case but he gave-up the drink after his older brother died from an alcoholism-related illness. Maybe the warning hit close to home?

His bar here offers “Trump Fish and Chips” and ”Trump Sticky Toffee Pudding” - (do I detect an ongoing “golden” theme”) but at least the prices are not that unreasonable (unless the portions are crap) and comparable to what you would pay at other places in the area for a sit-down feed. Not seen a drinks/cocktail menu yet though.

That seems to be what the more subtle trolls say when they get here. You really haven't started out well, especially with a username like that.

Prove me wrong.
Do they indeed? Could you please point me to some of my co-thinkers?

And I chose the name because someone, perhaps in the explicitly Spartacist thread, called me a 'virulent neo-con', which made me laugh.
The 'neo-con. is not entirely wrong ... I am generally in agreement with their approach to domestic politics, which is basically to agree with liberals
that the state has a significant role in promoting the general welfare, unlike the libertarianism, real or assumed, of much of the Right.

And when Mr Bush proposed invading Iraq, my first reponse, in discussions, was to quote Robespierre, "people do not love missionaries with
bayonets". I was pretty ignorant of Iraqi realities, especially of the sectarian divide -- I thought we'd just run into straight-up nationalism. And
nor was I rassured when, in pulling down the big statue of Saddam Hussein, a Marine climbed up it and plastered a big American flag over his face.
My thoughts: "Jesus, why not add an Israeli flag, just to make sure you get them all hating us."

But eventually I agreed with Hilary Clinton and supported the invasion, thinking that there might be enough Iraqis who would take advantage of the
situation to build something like a halfway decent society. Oops. Well, as Ben Franklin said, "Experience keeps a dear school but ..." You can complete it.

So, no neo-con am I now, wrt foreign policy, nor have been for over a decade. Learn from your errors.

As for "virulent", I had to smile. Within the SL I was known as soft, soft, soft -- "our potential Bukharin" as someone said. (I suppose no one reading this knows who he was, however.)

Anyway, if no one is interested in putting together a coalition to stop WWWIII, I won't pursue it here.

No, that is not true.

That was your name prior to posting. I saw it and you had yet to post.

Also, you do not have the ability to change your poster name.
Only mods can change names.
No, I registered with this name, after reading one of the threads. I'm pretty sure I have never come across this forum before ... it's just possible that I did, years ago, though.

Anyway, if no one is interested in putting together a coalition to stop WWWIII, I won't pursue it here.
This shows that your political method has changed little since the days of being on the irrelevant and delusional far left - if you seriously think that a coalition to stop Western agression towards Russia is going to be in any way influenced by you discussing things with a few randos on an obscure internet forum in 2022.

No offence but that's not how politics works. This can be a decent place to discuss politics even if you don't agree with the mainstream on here view but it's never contributed to anything other than pleasant time wasting. Which is a good thing in itself but doesn't lead to real world political action.

This shows that your political method has changed little since the days of being on the irrelevant and delusional far left - if you seriously think that a coalition to stop Western agression towards Russia is going to be in any way influenced by you discussing things with a few randos on an obscure internet forum in 2022.

No offence but that's not how politics works. This can be a decent place to discuss politics even if you don't agree with the mainstream on here view but it's never contributed to anything other than pleasant time wasting. Which is a good thing in itself but doesn't lead to real world political action.
Thank you for the civil reply. Please don't think that I am not aware of the fact that my own personal efforts to do something, compared to the task, are .... as 1 to 1000 000 000 000.

You counsel political passivity ... leave it to our masters. I urge you to think again.

Yes, I'm just one person.

But .... there are probably thousands of people like me. I say "probably" because I don't know, but I do know that if I am thinking a certain way, it's probably not mainly because of my own brilliant intellect, but because I have been influenced by social trends, ie by other people who feel the same way and in various ways make this known.

I follow the American Right pretty closely, via social media, and in other ways, such as by participation in many conservative and militia forums.

I can tell you that the transformation among them over the last decade has been remarkable. I could re-post hundreds of things people have said in conservative forums and on, on Social Media, and inter-leave them with readers' comments from Mother Jones or TruthOut or CounterPunch, and you would not be able to tell which originated from where.

There are people on the Left who understand this: Michael Moore used to be one; Michael Lind does.

But the curent momentum within the Left is all around identity politics, lubricated by a healthy dose of class snobbery, so no one there seems to trying to take advantage of a development that from their (your?) point of view, ought be manna from heaven.

Just consider: we supported the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan, you (the real Left, not Democratic hacks) opposed them (with a few exceptions, such as the late and much-lamented Christopher Hitchens).

You denounced the big corporations, you opposed shipping American jobs abroad, you opposed union-busting ... we supported it.

You were right. We were wrong. Maybe you were right for the wrong reasons (as I think), but at the end of the day, it's what you said and did, not why you said and did it.

So I see a huge opportunity here, to come together for limited aims of which we both approve -- first of all, to try to curb the war machine.

And there is recent precedent at the top: The surviving Koch brother -- one of your (?) side's bête noires -- has joined with George Soros -- one of my side's r bête noires -- to work togetther
to get a non-interventionist foreign policy. See here:
I've alread mentioned a widely-read (on the Right) book by FH Buckley, proposing to turn the Republicans into the American equivalent of their European 'Social Christian' counterparts.

The problem is, these people -- like the people who publish journals on the Right which also favor a restrained foreign policy, like American Conservative and Chronicles of American Culture, are not
'campaigners'. Their concept of political action is to write a paper, and occasionally publish a book.. All worthy and useful things, but ... they don't reach the Republican farmer, auto mechanic, waitress.

There is another consideration, which I won't expand on here. The United States is entering ... has been on ... an unknown, and possibly very unstable political path.

We are in decline, and China is on the way up. The very fact that the American Right is represented by Donald Trump, and the Left, by Joe Biden -- facing men like Putin and Xi, intelligent men commanding powerful, compliant states, and filled with steely determination to gut the Great Satan -- is just a superficial manifestation of something going wrong in the body politic.

People on the Left screech about 'fascism' and 'white supremacy' as being typical of the Right. Their vaporings can be dismissed with a wave of the hand.

But ... the potential is there, let's not kid ourselves. 'Populism' can take a very ugly turn. So far, it hasn't.

However, there are groups on the Right, and some pretty capable ones, not the kiddies and their FBI handlers you see on TV, who would like to make the Left's hysterical accusations into reality.
So far they remain isolated. But this could change.

Suppose there is a dramatic American military humilation abroad, close in time to a big economic collapse. Anyone who knows their history will think: Weimar Germany.
In 1929, the Nazis got 2.5% of the popular vote. Four years later, they got 37%.

Now I have no idea, at the moment, how a group of serious people from Left and Right would actually work together for common aims, how we would decide what to do, and above all, what we would do. This would be something to be discussed. The first thing would be to find more people with the same idea, and construct some sort of framework for discussion.

Anyone who is interested in this idea should PM me.

Thank you for the civil reply. Please don't think that I am not aware of the fact that my own personal efforts to do something, compared to the task, are .... as 1 to 1000 000 000 000.

You counsel political passivity ... leave it to our masters. I urge you to think again.

But .... there are probably thousands of people like me. I say "probably" because I don't know, but I do know that if I am thinking a certain way, it's probably not mainly because of my own brilliant intellect, but because I have been influenced by social trends, ie by other people who feel the same way and in various ways make this known.

I follow the American Right pretty closely, via social media, and in other ways, such as by participation in many conservative and militia forums.

I can tell you that the transformation among them over the last decade has been remarkable. I could re-post hundreds of things people have said in conservative forums and on, on Social Media, and inter-leave them with readers' comments from Mother Jones or TruthOut or CounterPunch, and you would not be able to tell which originated from where.

There are people on the Left who understand this: Michael Moore used to be one; Michael Lind does.

But the curent momentum within the Left is all around identity politics, lubricated by a healthy dose of class snobbery, so no one there seems to trying to take advantage of a development that from their (your?) point of view, ought be manna from heaven.

Just consider: we supported the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan, you (the real Left, not Democratic hacks) opposed them (with a few exceptions, such as the late and much-lamented Christopher Hitchens).

You denounced the big corporations, you opposed shipping American jobs abroad, you opposed union-busting ... we supported it.

You were right. We were wrong. Maybe you were right for the wrong reasons (as I think), but at the end of the day, it's what you said and did, not why you said and did it.

So I see a huge opportunity here, to come together for limited aims of which we both approve -- first of all, to try to curb the war machine.

And there is recent precedent at the top: The surviving Koch brother -- one of your (?) side's bête noires -- has joined with George Soros -- one of my side's r bête noires -- to work togetther
I've alread mentioned a widely-read (on the Right) book by FH Buckley, proposing to turn the Republicans into the American equivalent of their European 'Social Christian' counterparts.

The problem is, these people -- like the people who publish journals on the Right which also favor a restrained foreign policy, like American Conservative and Chronicles of American Culture, are not
'campaigners'. Their concept of political action is to write a paper, and occasionally publish a book.. All worthy and useful things, but ... they don't reach the Republican farmer, auto mechanic, waitress.

There is another consideration, which I won't expand on here. The United States is entering ... has been on ... an unknown, and possibly very unstable political path.

We are in decline, and China is on the way up. The very fact that the American Right is represented by Donald Trump, and the Left, by Joe Biden -- facing men like Putin and Xi, intelligent men commanding powerful, compliant states, and filled with steely determination to gut the Great Satan -- is just a superficial manifestation of something going wrong in the body politic.

People on the Left screech about 'fascism' and 'white supremacy' as being typical of the Right. Their vaporings can be dismissed with a wave of the hand.

But ... the potential is there, let's not kid ourselves. 'Populism' can take a very ugly turn. So far, it hasn't.

However, there are groups on the Right, and some pretty capable ones, not the kiddies and their FBI handlers you see on TV, who would like to make the Left's hysterical accusations into reality.

Suppose there is a dramatic American military humilation abroad, close in time to a big economic collapse. Anyone who knows their history will think: Weimar Germany.
In 1929, the Nazis got 2.5% of the popular vote. Four years later, they got 37%.

Now I have no idea, at the moment, how a group of serious people from Left and Right would actually work together for common aims, how we would decide what to do, and above all, what we would do. This would be something to be discussed. The first thing would be to find more people with the same idea, and construct some sort of framework for discussion.

You don't honestly think anyone can be arsed to read this long winded demented drivel do you?

Joe Biden is not on the left.

Joe Biden is not on the left.
Well that's a matter of definition. In the broad division of American politics, the Democrats are left of center, the Republicans, right.
Joe Biden is the one the Democrats chose.

What you probably mean is that he is not left enough for you. Well, fair enough But he was the choice of tens of millions
of Americans, and now he has his finger on the nuclear trigger.

Whoever is in office, Republican or Democrat, is subject to huge pressures to do things in our foreign policy that are
unwise. Bush invaded Iraq and Afghanistan, Obama carried on, adding Libya to the list of our triumphs, as did Trump.
There are powerful forces, ranging from huge defense corporations to hundreds of academics who move in and out of
academia and the diplomatic/foreign policy establishment, who will make sure, if they can, that this carries on.

It's not a conspiracy. If you're interested in how American foreign policy is really made, I urge you to read these:

America as a "Phantom Empire"

But .... we have an extraordinary opportunity to mount an effective opposition to this drift towards war, because at the
moment a majority of supporters of the Republican Party and a majority of supporters of the Democratic Party do not want it.

At the moment, this opposition is inchoate, unorganized, unfocussed. These people will go to the primaries and then the elections, and put
in office, or back in office, people who will just carry on the same foreign policy that has been our near-ruin over the past 20 years.

We can do something about. I realize that some, perhaps many, of the people reading this thread are just adolescents who have yet to
take up their adult duties as citizens -- and adolescents, clearly, who are sub-literate products of our failed education system.

But there must be a few adults who would like to explore something that might turn into a serious force -- something that would allow
the voice of the American people to be heard by our rulers, and maybe even put Republicans and Democrats into office who will make
us change course.

But it won't happen if we don't act.

Or alternatively both are acceptable.
If we want to be technical, we're really talking about transcription [reproduce the sound], rather than transliteration [reproduce the letter], since Arabic is an unvocalized language, where the vowel sounds are not written.
But he was just trying to score a point and show how clever he is.

Back
Top Bottom