Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

By the way here is something I came across at the weekend.

Let's cut down some woodland so people can park their cars there and admire whatever fragments might be left over afterwards.

Screenshot 2021-04-12 at 15.09.28.jpg

This sign made me wonder exactly what was going on in the mind of the person who chose that image to represent the development. Usually you'd choose an image with the cafe and river and trees in the foreground and the oversized carpark hidden from view.

But maybe what this person was really excited about was a new smooth expanse of tarmac to park their death machine on. Maybe that really is more important to them than looking at the river or being amongst the trees.

Let's cut down some woodland so people can park their cars there and admire whatever fragments might be left over afterwards.

View attachment 262926
What's so good about trees? I walk past trees every day, and never give them a second glance, but a Bugatti Chiron in a lovely car park in the woods, now that's worth staring at

View attachment 262926

This sign made me wonder exactly what was going on in the mind of the person who chose that image to represent the development. Usually you'd choose an image with the cafe and river and trees in the foreground and the oversized carpark hidden from view.

But maybe what this person was really excited about was a new smooth expanse of tarmac to park their death machine on. Maybe that really is more important to them than looking at the river or being amongst the trees.

They should have put some V8 BMWs in there

View attachment 262926

where's that?

When we moved into our current house we had a tree on the front lawn, When Eldest Q started learning to drive when she turned 17, I realised there would just be no space for a third car (possibly more as her siblings grew up) so the tree and the grass had to go so I could have the front paved over.

When we moved into our current house we had a tree on the front lawn, When Eldest Q started learning to drive when she turned 17, I realised there would just be no space for a third car (possibly more as her siblings grew up) so the tree and the grass had to go so I could have the front paved over.
At least now you won't have sap and leaves all over your lovely cars.
I hope the tree cried as you killed it.

At least now you won't have sap and leaves all over your lovely cars.
I hope the tree cried as you killed it.
I contracted the job out to a band of professional tree murderers, sap wasn't all that much of a problem but some birds built their nest on the wrong side once where it was in a branch above the car rather than the grass and shat on my car every night.
After about a week of this I had to remove the nest and destroy it, they hadn't laid any eggs yet though to be honest that wouldn't have stopped me.

View attachment 262926

They’re doubling the size of the car park at the Devil’s Punchbowl in Hindhead, god bless the National Trust for doing their bit to encourage folk to get out in to nature :thumbs:

“This is not the way to do it”.

Let’s hear what is then?
Just because I (or anyone else) don't have a magic solution to propose, it doesn't mean we should keep doing something that doesn't solve the problem at hand, and actually makes some aspects of it worse.

Just because I (or anyone else) don't have a magic solution to propose, it doesn't mean we should keep doing something that doesn't solve the problem at hand, and actually makes some aspects of it worse.
It doesn't go un-noticed that you argue strongly against blanket 20mph speed limits (saying they only need apply to residential streets, which should be distinct from 'main' roads) and also claim that LTNs cause problems because they increase traffic on those main roads.

It doesn't go un-noticed that you argue strongly against blanket 20mph speed limits (saying they only need apply to residential streets, which should be distinct from 'main' roads) and also claim that LTNs cause problems because they increase traffic on those main roads.
I don't believe there should be any 20mph speed limits. Do they put 20mph speed limits on trains? No, children are taught not to fuck around on train tracks. They should be taught the same about roads. If someone dies whilst fucking around on a train track, we laugh at them and maybe post a video of it on YouTube, to show others how fucking stupid they were, and the train driver gets a bit of time off work, but if someone hasn't learnt that roads are dangerous, and steps out in front of a car, weirdos punish the car driver by imposing silly speed limits, instead of awarding the poor driver compensation for the trauma, and prosecuting the pedestrian for causing this unnecessary suffering.

I don't believe there should be any 20mph speed limits. Do they put 20mph speed limits on trains? No, children are taught not to fuck around on train tracks. They should be taught the same about roads. If someone dies whilst fucking around on a train track, we laugh at them and maybe post a video of it on YouTube, to show others how fucking stupid they were, and the train driver gets a bit of time off work, but if someone hasn't learnt that roads are dangerous, and steps out in front of a car, weirdos punish the car driver by imposing silly speed limits, instead of awarding the poor driver compensation for the trauma, and prosecuting the pedestrian for causing this unnecessary suffering.
This is even piss poor as a parody.

Hello everyone, I see my 'where on Google Earth am I' skills are urgently required. And it's great timing because I've just bought a drone and a 3D rendering engine.

Before:

1618241777909.png

Visualisation of after:

1618241834252.png

Ahhh you car fuckers, I loved that one scrappy tree!

And?

Back
Top Bottom