Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

Anyone know if there would be legal consequences for removing a banner from a resident’s fence opposite a large roundabout on a junction of two A roads? It’s illegally installed as it doesn’t have planning permission. And it’s a dangerous distraction to motorists and cyclists who should be concerned with keeping their eyes on the road of a fast and busy roundabout.
It’s also a NIMBY-sponsored banner objecting to a redesign of the roundabout to prevent the deaths of local children (whose school is on one corner) and cyclists/other pedestrians at the hands of careless idiots in cars and lorries.

Anyone know if there would be legal consequences for removing a banner from a resident’s fence opposite a large roundabout on a junction of two A roads? It’s illegally installed as it doesn’t have planning permission. And it’s a dangerous distraction to motorists and cyclists who should be concerned with keeping their eyes on the road of a fast and busy roundabout.
It’s also a NIMBY-sponsored banner objecting to a redesign of the roundabout to prevent the deaths of local children (whose school is on one corner) and cyclists/other pedestrians at the hands of careless idiots in cars and lorries.
Could try reporting it to the local council though Lambeth was accused of acting like North Korea 🫠 when it removed one so stopped to leave them to slowly dwindle as the owners realised they were just showing where the selfish nobs live.

This is promising - blood tests to detect sleep deprivation in drivers.

Blimey, makes me glad I cycle as I would get in trouble if I was a driver as I rarely get more than four or five hours sleep a night. Might be good for those of us with ADHD as it may make it easier to get a disabled bus pass or funding for taxis through Access To Work.
The ethics of such measures, however, are dubious. Penalising people for being tired is perhaps not the answer. It’s not like drunk driving, which everyone can agree should be penalised, but we choose to drink alcohol and get in a car when over the limit, but do usually don’t choose to be tired. With our increasing use of zero hours contracts and the gig economy, employees often have no choice but to accept shifts that may lead to them getting less sleep. And many people are tired cos of young children, caring responsibilities, insomnia etc not just cos they’ve been irresponsible and stayed up too late.

Last edited:
that’s shocking. He stopped briefly before deciding to go ahead and run her over anyway. I’m not keen on long sentences but a three year ban is inadequate - that should be permanent.
Just checked the driver’s Twitter account and amongst the whinging about train unions and the cricket tweets is a tweet that appears to be condoning the police knocking moped riders off their bikes.

that’s shocking. He stopped briefly before deciding to go ahead and run her over anyway. I’m not keen on long sentences but a three year ban is inadequate - that should be permanent.
Just checked the driver’s Twitter account and amongst the whinging about train unions and the cricket tweets is a tweet that appears to be condoning the police knocking moped riders off their bikes.
IMG_9473.png

There seems to be a real problem with drivers cutting corners when turning into road - I see it all the time - but to do it when there’s someone there!!

This one is a great example of why people in cars are inconsiderate impatient idiots. Excuse the Reddit post and caption

A woman, walking using two sticks, is in the centre of a narrow road, which has space for only one car to pass, there is no pavement. There is someone else further ahead who looks elderly. The driver beeps at her and starts shouting aggressively, she retaliates and hits the car with her sticks. It all becomes a bit of a screaming match from that point.

Quite aside from the moral duty to be patient, if it’s in the UK, I’m pretty sure she has the right of way and that car is obliged to simply follow behind her at her place. Wasn’t that a much publicised change to the Highway Code a few years back?
Yes, but none of that gives her the right to bash the car with her sticks!

Two very unpleasant people.

Yes, but none of that gives her the right to bash the car with her sticks!

Two very unpleasant people.
She’s being threatened by an aggressive man in control of a potentially deadly weapon. I don’t blame her in the slightest for taking an aggressive stance in response. It’s probably the wisest thing for her to do in the circumstances, because bullies don’t respect those who make themselves meek. If she’d moved off to the side, for example, she’d be at serious risk of being squished, if he was anything but perfectly accurate in his driving. And if she just carries on walking, who knows what violent action this aggressive man will escalate to? He’s basically given her no choice but to respond in kind.

"Excuse me madam, would you mind terribly if I asked that you step into that lay-by on your right, in order that I might safely pass you?"
"Oh of course my dear, I'm afraid I didn't hear you behind me, but I shall make my way over there directly"
"Thank you kindly, that is most gracious of you"
"Not at all young man, you go head and mind your way now, I'm sure you faster than I am!"
"Well, you have a nice day now won't you?"
"Ta-ra!"

Back
Top Bottom