Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

I nearly got run over by the Queen in Windsor Great Park, 1985. It’s my one interaction with any royal family memeber.

She was driving an old Rover. TBF I was being a twat at the time.

If it was Phil you'd have been killed

I am amazed that you can be so uncynical. They're sponsoring cycling events in the same way that Shell sponsor climate change displays in museums. The aim of their "park your car" campaign is to promote their "carbon neutral in Europe" targets - encouraging people that it's fine for the environment to own a car and use it for journeys over 3 miles.

I am amazed that you can be so uncynical. They're sponsoring cycling events in the same way that Shell sponsor climate change displays in museums. The aim of their "park your car" campaign is to promote their "carbon neutral in Europe" targets - encouraging people that it's fine for the environment to own a car and use it for journeys over 3 miles.
I think it’s more like cigarette companies launching low tar versions - they know the writing’s on the wall so want to try and get ahead of it to delay the inevitable out right ban!

Of course Ford is stopping short of what they should be saying, which is to use public transport instead of the car, not just for short trips. But they are at the beginning of a process of realising that they are engaged in business that one day will be seen as negatively as arms trading. So it's OK for them to take small steps to start with. And of course their customers are hyper-sensitive and frightened (look at the posters on here who start freaking out about North Korea style dictatorships if you suggest they could try going on a bus just to see what it's like - or claim that human joy is to be banned outright if speed limits are enforced). So they mustn't scare the horses.

Just recently I was talking to someone who works for BP which is now trying to get themselves established in the wind farm market.

Give it a few years and we'll see that Ford are starting to invest in car-crushing plants and walking shoes.

Ah... not a single anti-car poster has stated their exact position on the matter. Quelle surprise... :D

When is a 'death machine' not a death machine? When I find the use of one of them for my needs convenient.

Point proven. As you were :thumbs:

Are you the culture secretary by any chance?
Instead of trying to be funny and engaging in personal abuse, it would be interesting to know if you care to answer the simple quesiton of what level of car restrtictions would you like to see implemented.

It's a very fucking simple quesiton. So either answer it, or quit the flippant remarks.

The same goes for likes merchant edcraw

Instead of trying to be funny and engaging in personal abuse, it would be interesting to know if you care to answer the simple quesiton of what level of car restrtictions would you like to see implemented.

It's a very fucking simple quesiton. So either answer it, or quit the flippant remarks.

1-photo-u1

If only there was a massive thread where I’ve stated my position multiple times.

Some top Guardian debunking here for the tyres kill people brigade:

Most of the "debunking" points (which seem fair enough even if arguably a bit straw-man) are actually addressed in the original study, which the Guardian article is based on.

The conclusion seems to be that particulates from tyres are a significant problem as far as airborne pollution is concerned, but they will do further research into this.

If only there was a massive thread where I’ve stated my position multiple times.
Just about every one of you here have been supportive over the years of posts calling for a ban on all cars in cities, and other times of suggestions to ban just privately owned cars. Which are wildly different propositions. And then when discussing banning just privately own cars, you lot are lost for words when anyone mentions a city full of club car vehicles doesn't solve most of the problems posed by privately owned cars.

The anti car posters in this forum are all over the fucking place when it comes to traffic management discussions. Have always been. Can't even agree on what you want to happen, and prefer to go with the wind based on the discussion of the moment. Please don't tell me it ain't so- because it is.

Just about every one of you here have been supportive over the years of posts calling for a ban on all cars in cities, and other times of suggestions to ban just privately owned cars. Which are wildly different propositions. And then when discussing banning just privately own cars, you lot are lost for words when anyone mentions a city full of club car vehicles doesn't solve most of the problems posed by privately owned cars.

The anti car posters in this forum are all over the fucking place when it comes to traffic management discussions. Have always been. Can't even agree on what you want to happen, and prefer to go with the wind based on the discussion of the moment. Please don't tell me it ain't so- because it is.
I think you need to go back and do some reading.

Even if you had made your own position clear, you’re not speaking for everyone else here, are you? Therefore your post #7290 is
quite uncalled for as well as irrelevant to others here.

Even if you had made your own position clear, you’re not speaking for everyone else here, are you? Therefore your post #7290 is
quite uncalled for as well as irrelevant to others here.
Yeah but your post #6784 says the complete opposite!

There's a reason T & P isn't showing us any of these posts that supposedly call for a ban on all cars in cities.
C9239A2B-8652-4B35-841C-FDFE16FD0554.jpeg
2B8811B5-CE9C-421C-AD4E-06F4EA2046FC.jpeg
Just three from a quick search. Plenty of other examples, liked by various people, also available.

And the crowning glory: look who’s just popped up:

B990F737-88B8-40C7-B2A9-C1C46835FBB6.jpeg
Oh dear dear… :D

Attachments

• F758C7A9-563E-4CE4-BB60-949B95DF3C5A.jpeg
    F758C7A9-563E-4CE4-BB60-949B95DF3C5A.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom