Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

Setting aside your recollections, which no-one cares about, you are defining "people who don't live within an easy public-transport commute of London" as an ethnicity, yes? Or are you about to backpedal on that?

Of course I'm not, but when you apply your learnings from past ethnic cleansings in your desire to forcibly depopulate the UK countryside you can't quite make your mind up whether you want to emulate Milosevic, or, by banning private ownership of cars, Kim Il-Sung.

Of course I'm not, but when you apply your learnings from past ethnic cleansings in your desire to forcibly depopulate the UK countryside you can't quite make your mind up whether you want to emulate Milosevic, or, by banning private ownership of cars, Kim Il-Sung.

The sole Tory councillor in Lambeth called LTNs ethnic cleansing! Bizarre what people result to when their right to drive everywhere is questioned.

The sole Tory councillor in Lambeth called LTNs ethnic cleansing! Bizarre what people result to when their right to drive everywhere is questioned.

The Labour-voting black mother of the girl who died from air pollution called LTNs "environmental racism", so I think it's interesting how something can engender such a consensus view by both sides of the political spectrum.

Surely everyone can agree that comparing anything to ethnic cleansing is fucking stupid.

How is forcibly depopulating the countryside and relocating people into cities to satisfy a warped political agenda only achievable by a dictator not comparable to ethnic cleansing?

We should design where people live better so we aren’t so dependent on cars.

oH GOd! YOu arE JuST LIke THe KHmeR RouGE!!!

That's not what was proposed. You can't design personal transport out of rural living because the population density doesn't support sufficiently regular public transport.

I suggest you go back and read the thread from page 1.

That's not what was proposed. You can't design personal transport out of rural living because the population density doesn't support sufficiently regular public transport.

I suggest you go back and read the thread from page 1.

Yeah, it’s just like the Holocaust right!

You are recommending that I take lessons from past ethnic cleansings, in order enact my favoured policies, but you are also saying that I don't want to apply them on an ethnic basis. I don't understand what your point is. You seem to have become confused. I mean I already knew that you were confused about how the policies work but now you want to bring ethnicity into the equation.

LTNs are pure NIMBYism. Their sole purpose is to move traffic away from wealthy people's houses to anywhere else, regardless of the cost to the environment or other people's health. Of course there will also be LTNs in less wealthy areas, but that's merely a numbers game.

LTNs are pure NIMBYism. Their sole purpose is to move traffic away from wealthy people's houses to anywhere else, regardless of the cost to the environment or other people's health. Of course there will also be LTNs in less wealthy areas, but that's merely a numbers game.

Their purpose is to reduce car journeys & they work!

As mentioned before, they are slightly counter intuitive so can see why you’re struggling to understand them.

Their purpose is to reduce car journeys & they work!

As mentioned before, they are slightly counter intuitive so can see why you’re struggling to understand them.
They increase pollution.

They increase pollution.

Haha, great “study” you’ve got there. How much didn’t Wandsworth council waste on putting LTNs in for a few weeks? Great leadership by the Tories there!

Wealthy country types who want to play at Cider with Rosie should accept that they can't expect to have the convenience of the city on their doorstep. If they need a Tescos ten minutes away move to a city rather than expecting the best of both worlds.

Wealthy country types who want to play at Cider with Rosie should accept that they can't expect to have the convenience of the city on their doorstep. If they need a Tescos ten minutes away move to a city rather than expecting the best of both worlds.
Or we could just drive there, as we've always done and always will because private cars aren't ever going away.

When did you last conversate with strangers who live beyond the M25? You should get out more lest your wild fantasies of life outside your bubble have you mistaken for a member of the out-of-touch liberal metropolitan elite.

It’s the one thing central government actual gets, I think it’s down to Andrew Gilligan tbh. Local Tories are too afraid of their selfish, reactionary , car owning voters to see it through.
If that's really is the case, doesn't that again prove that car owners are more important?

Back
Top Bottom