Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

To be clear though, your position is that we must not place any restrictions whatsoever on private motor use, because doing so is the thin end of the wedge that leads to totalitarianism.

No not at all. My position is simply that your "agenda of eliminating the private car" is only possible through totalitarianism.

I'm in favour or restrictions on private motor use, and nothing I've said indicates otherwise.

Your position however has varied on this thread from abolition of all private cars through to fawning over how awesome the current state of Tokyo when it comes to cars.

I’m all for as much planning as possible based around encouraging people not to move aloud. It is particularly mad when people have schools in walking distance and instead send their kids to somewhere miles away.
I think we’ve managed to get it licked, school is a 5-6 minute walk away, pre-school about the same, I work at the school too and it’s a two or three minute bike ride when I go in first thing. Post office 150 metres, Tesco metro 200 metres although I prefer the coop a couple of minutes further. The mrs works from home other than two contiguous days a fortnight in London which is done on public transport.

The only reason we need a car is a) for the weekly Aldi shop and b) Because we have a garage and not using would mean missing out on the joy of being smug assholes in an area where people get into fisticuffs about parking.

The only reason we need a car is a) for the weekly Aldi shop and b) Because we have a garage and not using would mean missing out on the joy of being smug assholes in an area where people get into fisticuffs about parking.
Book a weekly delivery - job done. With the money you save from not having a car you can upgrade to Waitrose. :thumbs:

I live on a corner near a pub, and when the pub gets busy at weekends, people like to park their cars outside my house, so rather than putting the cars behind the house or in the garage, I park them outside the house to stop others parking there. Unfortunately, two cars isn't enough, as there's room for another two at the front of the house, so I'm going to have to buy another two cars to stop people from parking there. It's going to be an expensive job. Maybe I should just put some planters there.

I live on a corner near a pub, and when the pub gets busy at weekends, people like to park their cars outside my house, so rather than putting the cars behind the house or in the garage, I park them outside the house to stop others parking there. Unfortunately, two cars isn't enough, as there's room for another two at the front of the house, so I'm going to have to buy another two cars to stop people from parking there. It's going to be an expensive job. Maybe I should just put some planters there.

Block them with boulders.

220px-Boulder_along_the_chief_hike_in_Stawamus_Chief_Provincial_Park,_BC_(DSCF7553).jpg220px-Boulder_along_the_chief_hike_in_Stawamus_Chief_Provincial_Park,_BC_(DSCF7553).jpg

Last edited:
It seems even the Sun is getting pissed off with driver entitlement!

I wouldn't be surprised if some Sun journalists read this thread, have become sympathetic to the cause and therefore are starting to write articles like this.

Another massive success for this thread, continually bumped to the top of "new posts" by those that don't understand how it works.

Anyway, I've decided against the planters outside my house to stop people parking. I'm going with cars instead. I can pick up big gas guzzlers cheaply, as tax here is based on engine size, so I reckon I'll start with either a big Lexus or a Jag, as they're dirt cheap. I'll use it the odd weekend to keep the battery charged and to do my bit for the environment.

If a wind-up post fails to get a reaction, that's because it's a rubbish one. Trying it again isn't going to change that. Top tip from me, for free. You're welcome.

I wouldn't be surprised if some Sun journalists read this thread, have become sympathetic to the cause and therefore are starting to write articles like this.

Another massive success for this thread, continually bumped to the top of "new posts" by those that don't understand how it works.
If anyone from the outside world stumbled across this thread and read it, my betting is that their immediate reaction would in fact be to purchase the biggest 4x4 they could afford and start mowing down cyclists.

If anyone from the outside world stumbled across this thread and read it, my betting is that their immediate reaction would in fact be to purchase the biggest 4x4 they could afford and start mowing down cyclists.

Or do a load of doughnuts through a field of wheatgrass. :D

If a wind-up post fails to get a reaction, that's because it's a rubbish one. Trying it again isn't going to change that. Top tip from me, for free. You're welcome.
It's not a wind-up. I'm merely keeping you updated on my plans.

My dad has a Dodge RAM that he's only used a handful of times since he bought it 10 years ago. It's fucking huge, and it guzzles diesel like a freight train, which is probably why he doesn't use it, but agricultural diesel is fairly cheap here, so I reckon I might see about borrowing it for a while and adjusting the injector pump to do some of that rolling coal thing.

I think threads such as this would lead to headlines such as this:

Climate Activists Want Rural Grandmother to WALK Twenty-seven MILES to her nearest Asda.

….if any journalists actually read them, which they won’t. I suggest setting up a Society for the Abolition of the Car, and then emailing journos frequently so you get used as a go-to rent-a-quote on any story about driving restrictions or the absence thereof. The absurdity of your position is just the sort of thing that tabloids thrive on to create engagement through discord.

I think threads such as this would lead to headlines such as this:

Climate Activists Want Rural Grandmother to WALK Twenty-seven MILES to her nearest Asda.

….if any journalists actually read them, which they won’t. I suggest setting up a Society for the Abolition of the Car, and then emailing journos frequently so you get used as a go-to rent-a-quote on any story about driving restrictions or the absence thereof. The absurdity of your position is just the sort of thing that tabloids thrive on to create engagement through discord.
:D:D

Untaxed, using mobile phone, stupidly big car, wrong side of the road & driving into people. Noting to see here fellas.

Yes but you don't need an actual running car with an engine for that, Can't you get a couple of horseboxes or trailers instead?

Back
Top Bottom