Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

In the countryside people's brains have not been turned to mush by traffic fumes so they're able to discern that a device which protects against rain but which becomes useless and dangerous if there is also wind is a byword for uselessness on a par with the waterproof teabag.
Windproof umbrellas are available and genuinely work. They have covered vents to let air but not water through. Raincoats are horrid and sweaty and the kind that are big enough to wear with a suit don't have hoods.

Is the last one a crowd of angry LBC listeners who've gathered to shout at cyclists in the rain?
There are only two things worse than people using umbrellas in a crowded place. Cyclists and people using umbrellas in a crowded place with cyclists.

There are only two things worse than people using umbrellas in a crowded place. Cyclists and people using umbrellas in a crowded place with cyclists.
I keep wondering what you're alternative is and then remember it's sitting in a car. It sounds like you just don't like cities and crowded places.

I keep wondering what you're alternative is and then remember it's sitting in a car. It sounds like you just don't like cities and crowded places.
I hate cities and crowded places and traffic jams... Etc. Its why I moved to Ireland. Its much better for your health and stress levels.

I hate cities and crowded places and traffic jams... Etc. Its why I moved to Ireland. Its much better for your health and stress levels.
Well given that we can't all move to rural Ireland how about you stop telling people in cities how they should be living.

Living in the countryside is very like your caricature of veganism. You think you're better than everyone else and you have a sociopathic need to mention it in every conversation you have. Ironic really.
I stated a fact, that living in the countryside is better for your health, and you think that's me saying I'm better than everyone? Your logic seems a tad fucked.

I stated a fact, that living in the countryside is better for your health, and you think that's me saying I'm better than everyone? Your logic seems a tad fucked.
No. I'm talking about your positions in multiple threads over several years. I'm not going to waste my time looking for examples; I'll point it out next time you do it.

No. I'm talking about your positions in multiple threads over several years. I'm not going to waste my time looking for examples; I'll point it out next time you do it.
You've made an accusation, so the right thing to do would be to back it up with evidence. But I'm guessing that won't happen because there isn't any. It seems to me you're just projecting. I'm pretty sure the only time I ever mention cities is when I speak of London, and how it's full of wankers... et voila! 🤣

Perhaps it is time to close this not-so enlightened thread, just as the ‘What Do People Have Against Cyclists’ thread was closed for similarly unedifying and ultimately pointless banter.

Reports of individual driving misbehaviour can (and should) go into the Driving Standards thread, so no actually useful debate about motoring would be lost anyway.

Perhaps it is time to close this not-so enlightened thread, just as the ‘What Do People Have Against Cyclists’ thread was closed for similarly unedifying and ultimately pointless banter.

Reports of individual driving misbehaviour can (and should) go into the Driving Standards thread, so no actually useful debate about motoring would be lost anyway.
Nah, it's funny watching cyclists frothing and trying to impose arbitrary rules on "people who do thing that I don't do'" from their armchairs. :D

Polish_20210904_214919976.jpg

No, don’t close it!

maomao

How do the locals queue up there? :D
Well if three buses arrive at once they pick up from the stop one at a time and the people filter out of the queues in order. So if your bus is the third bus it takes ages for the bus to even pull up. It's slightly better now they all have contactless for getting on buses, in the days of cash fares it took fucking ages.

Bus drivers there are lovely though. Two of them refused to charge my daughter saying she didn't look old enough despite me saying she was six when I got on.

Unless you live on a tram line, Edinburgh is rubbish for public transport because of the paucity of bus lanes and the locals' weird bus stop queueing practices.
They’re putting a new tramline all the way down Leith Walk which makes it quite challenging. I walked all the way down it last night and made the schoolboy error of stopping at too many bars and getting too pissed to be arsed to walk back. Got a cab and the driver spent the journey slating the planners. Apparently the tram works have been going on for 3 years and will take another 2.

They’re putting a new tramline all the way down Leith Walk which makes it quite challenging. I walked all the way down it last night and made the schoolboy error of stopping at too many bars and getting too pissed to be arsed to walk back. Got a cab and the driver spent the journey slating the planners. Apparently the tram works have been going on for 3 years and will take another 2.
The first line took six years and was a big controversy. They are nice though. If you live on the route.

The first line took six years and was a big controversy. They are nice though. If you live on the route.

The cab driver was spitting. He pointed out that “the English” built 20 miles of railway under the sea to France in 5 years; “it’ll take us longer than that to put 3 miles of track down the road to Newhaven”.

I didn’t feel the need to mention that “the English” had some help from the French.

Yesterday, whilst waiting for a train, I met the maker of this video.

Perfect illustration of how the interests of motorists are so often looked after with zero regard for pedestrians, cyclists or wheelchair users.

He was telling us how he continually takes photos of blocked pavements and cycle paths and hassles local councils about them. Good on him.

I've already made my predictions for the sort of responses to that video that we'll see here.

Back
Top Bottom