Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England Cricket 2024

This is an opportunity. Pak still don't have a good score and their confidence has been very low. They also have a long tail. Have to believe now that they can get them for 350 all out. Even 400 would not be a disaster.

This is gonna be a very boring test. a very boring one. I don't think even Bazball at it's most violent can defeat that road. They'll declare on 650. England will bash 450 in a vain effort to bring some life into the match. Oh I dunno. But it's almost pointless playing test cricket in Pakistan. Will be happy to be proven wrong though.

I was checking the score and quite encouraged by England limiting them to around 5 an over. I got increasingly confused why with only one wicked down they didn't start hitting out as they neared 50 overs, then they went into over 51 and I realized it wasn't One Day Test and it didn't look nearly so good :(

Meanwhile the English ladies are just taking to the field for the second innnings of the T20 WC against SA. Need 6.25 an over.

This is gonna be a very boring test. a very boring one. I don't think even Bazball at it's most violent can defeat that road. They'll declare on 650. England will bash 450 in a vain effort to bring some life into the match. Oh I dunno. But it's almost pointless playing test cricket in Pakistan. Will be happy to be proven wrong though.
England are potentially in big trouble here. The pitch will deteriorate. When things go in Asia, they tend to go quickly. First innings runs will be crucial.

Without Stokes at the helm, England felt a bit rudderless vs SL and they do here as well.

Without Stokes at the helm, England felt a bit rudderless vs SL and they do here as well.

I think the thing is that man for man, England really aren't that good are they? Bowling in these conditions with a pretty inexperienced group of bowlers (plus Chris Woakes with his overseas record) is just very difficult and that's showing. It really points up how good Stokes has been as captain because there's really not many people who could achieve as much as he has with the team available.

This tour will be a big test of Shoaib Bashir, I think. He had things relatively easy in the summer tests, but Somerset think Leach is the better bowler. They're now being pitched head-to-head.

This tour will be a big test of Shoaib Bashir, I think. He had things relatively easy in the summer tests, but Somerset think Leach is the better bowler. They're now being pitched head-to-head.
The logic is that Leach is an old man who isn't going to improve, whereas Bashir s best is ahead of him.

So crazy that Zak Crawley has become the epitome of Bazball. I don't think I've ever seen a more unlikely transformation. Let's get sibley in there and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom