Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Electric scooters

There’s a lot to be said for rockin the cancer vibe TopCat . When I was bald as an egg people didn’t know whether I was hard as fuck or very frail. Either way, they did as I asked (please help carry my shopping, mayb8 sit down) and got out of my way.

And I very quickly got over my intention not to use the cancer card to get seats and jump queues and so forth. Partly because so it’s just necessary and partly because why the fuck not.

I wore a wig once. It was horribly uncomfortable so I took it off half way through the evening. The doorstaff were all “erm, scuse me, have you got a ticket...?” til I whipped out ma wig and waved it at them. Then they practically had a scrap between themselves to be the most helpful.

Nearly got run down by a E-Scooter last week in the city. Lots of pedestrians crossing, red light traffic, green for pedestrians. I was a bit outraged tbh. OK it could have been an arsehole cyclist but I sensed the diminished form of transport had something to do with it.

Some road users dont like you being there and will use the horn as a rebuke. I dont like this.
The staff at the Royal Marsden were well impressed when I rocked up for radiotherapy on my scooter. It's great for the endless long corridors at the hosp as well.
Mine has tube less pneumatic tyres which really help the ride.
The only pisser is it will retard itself when over 16mph. Going down a steep hill does not increase the speed. No freewheeling.
Any tips on sorting the retardation would be welcome.

Some road users dont like you being there and will use the horn as a rebuke. I dont like this.

It's great for the endless long corridors at the hosp as well.

Any tips on sorting the retardation would be welcome.
Not riding it on the road or inside buildings would be a start, but riding it on the pavement is dangerous to pedestrians and is also illegal.

Not riding it on the road or inside buildings would be a start, but riding it on the pavement is dangerous to pedestrians and is also illegal.
I dont use the pavements Saul Goodman .
I ride on the road. Whizzing up hospital corridors though seems exactly what this was designed for.
As for the legality, I know it's wrong but am doing it anyway. I just dont care.

I've noticed quite a rapid increase in these, around London lately.

They seem particularly popular with young chaps. Is it because they don't need to get their trousers crumpled, like they would on a bike?

I've noticed quite a rapid increase in these, around London lately.

They seem particularly popular with young chaps. Is it because they don't need to get their trousers crumpled, like they would on a bike?
I'm not a young chap, far from it. I imagine I am in the Jetsons. Nothing to do with crumpled trousers.

Rental e-scooters are expected to become legal on UK roads from Saturday, in a bid to ease pressure on public transport amid the coronavirus crisis.

The government will set out later the rules by which e-scooter-for-hire firms and riders should abide.

It is expected to recommend that helmets be worn, although they will not be mandatory, and vehicles will be limited to a speed of 15mph.

Privately owned e-scooters will not be legalised.

Usual British fudging bollocks.

Whack some stickers on your private scooter which indicate a hire company and off you whizz...

Usual British fudging bollocks.

Whack some stickers on your private scooter which indicate a hire company and off you whizz...

Yeah, that makes no sense really. Allow them or don’t, not some halfway fudge.

It’s to make sure they are insured. There isn’t a licence so there’s no way of checking if private owners have insurance. However government can compel hire companies to insure their scooters.

Back
Top Bottom