Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Electric scooters

ep1-02.jpg

I saw someone today bombing down the road at car speed on one of those one wheel uni gyro electric things. I think I was mildly outraged.

JB4Q6fQQgLRAcBnz8

Well E Scooters are now on sale in Lidl.

I am not sure if they are the model that was supposed to be on sale in April 2019. What I do know is that they retail for £279:00 which is £100 more than the never to be seen April model.
In the best traditions of Lidl, I went in for a bit of lunch and bought the scooter as well.

4 bolts inserted and tightened and it's ready to go.
Well it would be normally. I am going to strip it down and properly waterproof the electrical connections plus put some permanent anti puncture bloop in the inner tubes of the tyres.

20190924_164920.jpg The build quality looks good. The finishing is not 10/10 though. The anti slip foot panel was not entirely affixed.

I think on the whole this gadget will keep me amused for a bit. I am interested to see if the range and speed are as advertised.
I can see me adding additional lights.
I will update further when able.

This is a far superior beast compared to the one they (lidl) nearly sold in April for £179.
Proper pnematic tyres, 350 watt motor. Rear disc brake.

I watched a demo the other day and he was well impressed with the range/battery:

Tempted. Very tempted.

There is a bloke that gets on my usual train with an electric scooter. He annoyed me by weaving around pedestrians on the pavements.

Saw him arrive in January with external fixators in one leg and no scooter.
People rarely practice braking.

I have not been out on it yet. I'm tempted to take it for a trial run along a section of the Thames path tomorrow morn. Just keep going till it runs out.
I am going to double check the tyre pressures. It appears to have tubeless tyres.
Got extra lights and some puncture repair gunk arriving in the morn.
I'm going to wear my most peaky blinders cap.

Back
Top Bottom