Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

EDL watch

so you going to buy that motorola then thriller?:D

Yeah, I went for it. 18 months contract with T-mobile. £7.80 a month. 100 min/100 text p/m. unlimited internet. free calls to landline 01, 02 03 numbers (I dont know anyone with those numbers, but still... :D

Yeah, I went for it. 18 months contract with T-mobile. £7.80 a month. 100 min/100 text p/m. unlimited internet. free calls to landline 01, 02 03 numbers (I dont know anyone with those numbers, but still... :D

that's sounds a great deal. ideal for me. will you post the link? ta.

I haven't seen Press TV but assumed that as a state mouth-piece it would follow Ahmadinejad's line. I'm pleased if it doesn't. And yes, he is hostile towards Jews, he regurgitates all the old Elders of Zion stuff by most accounts. Anti-semitism exists in the Iranian Press as well as from the wider Arab world.

gaza_carrtoons8.jpg
I don't want to keep this one going, but, How do you know that anti Semitism exists in the Iranian press?
I know a few Iranians as well and none of them have ever expressed any anti Semitism.

that's sounds a great deal. ideal for me. will you post the link? ta.

I'm not sure you will be able to get it. I've been with T-Mobile for nearly 5 years. My upgrade was due and they offered me samsung galaxy II for £17 pm. I told them that was too much to pay. He asked what am I looking for in a phone? I said: a decent camera/video and a phone I could download apps on to play games on the bus/tube to work. The guy then offered this phone and claimed it was an one off offer and if I didn't accept it there and then, I couldn't call them back later to get it. It was now or never :D. I could have got it for £5 a month but that was for 24 months. I think I should have gone for that, tbh especially with all the flat bills/rent etc to pay. I wasn't prepared to pay anything over £15 pm. I'm waiting for it to be delivered and already bought a case for it :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-V4-..._MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item2312bf346c

Anyway, might be worth calling t-mobile and say you know someone who got this deal and see if they will accept?

I'm not sure you will be able to get it. I've been with T-Mobile for nearly 5 years. My upgrade was due and they offered me samsung galaxy II for £17 pm. I told them that was too much to pay. He asked what am I looking for in a phone? I said: a decent camera/video and a phone I could download apps on to play games on the bus/tube to work. The guy then offered this phone and claimed it was an one off offer and if I didn't accept it there and then, I couldn't call them back later to get it. It was now or never :D. I could have got it for £5 a month but that was for 24 months. I think I should have gone for that, tbh especially with all the flat bills/rent etc to pay. I wasn't prepared to pay anything over £15 pm. I'm waiting for it to be delivered and already bought a case for it :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-V4-..._MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item2312bf346c

Anyway, might be worth calling t-mobile and say you know someone who got this deal and see if they will accept?

nice one, cheers bud. i'll give it a go.

a few years ago i went to a conference about surveillance, where the main topic was cctv. then last year i went to another one and much less was said about cctv and a fuck of a lot about facebook and surveillance.

Yep. Amazing how naive some people are about e-security.
Then again, it's not any of these things in isolation that are a massive problem (although facebook is worrying), it's how they, brought together, add up.

I recently downloaded a facebook app for my phone. For those who don't use it, facebook recommends people for you to add as "friends". Since I downloaded the app it's started recommending people who have no "friends in common" with me but who I do know - for about 2 weeks I was baffled as to how facebook knew I knew these people and then it dawned on me - it's getting them from the address book in my phone, which in turn means that facebook knows whose numbers I have on my mobile. I'm not too happy about this - when I downloaded the app it didn't say anything about accessing personal stuff stored on my phone - what other information might they have taken from it? Before this happened I didn't take the stuff about facebook and serveillance seriously - I assumed that so long as I didn't put anything on there that the authorities could use against me I'd be fine. I suppose the terms and conditions everyone ticks the box for but doesn't read said something about this but... well... nobody reads that do they?

I don't want to keep this one going, but, How do you know that anti Semitism exists in the Iranian press?
I know a few Iranians as well and none of them have ever expressed any anti Semitism.

Ahmadinejad is extremely and openly anti semetic and has been voted in twice. Seen as politics and the press go hand in hand in Iran one could deduce that there must at least be a pinch of anti semitism in the Iranian press. That and the fact that the Ayatollah/government has a lot of/complete power over the press.

Ahmadinejad is extremely and openly anti semetic and has been voted in twice. Seen as politics and the press go hand in hand, one could deduce that there must at least be a pinch of anti semitism in the Iranian press. That and the fact that the Ayatollah has a lot of power over the press.
Have you got any examples of his anti-Semitism? I am genuinely interested as I used to believe this line myself but having been watching Press tv for a couple of years now I have yet to hear anything that I would consider to be anti Jewish.

I read about it once. It was about the political cartoons such as the one in my post which plays on anti-semitic stereotypes. Obviously not all the press nor all Iranians will hold those views. But the point is that a paper/s is allowed to get away with printing such material.

I read about it once. It was about the political cartoons such as the one in my post which plays on anti-semitic stereotypes. Obviously not all the press nor all Iranians will hold those views. But the point is that a paper/s is allowed to get away with printing such material.
I don't want to seem like I am denying that it exists, it is just that I take nothing in the British or American media at face value and this is where I imagine we are all forming our opinions on Iran, even the odd examples are not proof, just look at all the anti Muslim shit that we are getting in our own media day after day, as I have said, I have not seen or heard any myself and until I do I will keep an open mind.

I don't want to seem like I am denying that it exists, it is just that I take nothing in the British or American media at face value and this is where I imagine we are all forming our opinions on Iran, even the odd examples are not proof, just look at all the anti Muslim shit that we are getting in our own media day after day, as I have said, I have not seen or heard any myself and until I do I will keep an open mind.

Well that aside, it's been reported recently that Ahmadinejad has been repeatedly quoting 9/11 inside job world Jewish government stuff. Unless our media is lying. But then that's a conspiracy theory in itself.

Well that aside, it's been reported recently that Ahmadinejad has been repeatedly quoting 9/11 inside job world Jewish government stuff. Unless our media is lying. But then that's a conspiracy theory in itself.
We might as well leave it at this then, I hate it when the debate starts going around in circles :)

In that case sponsoring the ANC indicated a dislike of whites or being a supporter of Irish republicanism indicated being anti English, bollocks, that is no where near proof or even an indication.

Hezbollah and Hamas' ideology concerning Israel differs totally to that of Irish opionion of the British.

Iran is to the far right on my political compass :)

So you're either refusing to accept that a far right politician who is on record being anti-semitic is anti-semitic, or you accept that he is but turn a blind eye and pretend he isn't due to the fact he isn't white. Neither an honourable position particularly.

Back
Top Bottom