Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

Sorry, this page isn't available
The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.

hmmmm. will look into it!
That's weird, I just looked at it and sent them a message!

Additionally, I'm tweeting Southwark councillors in the South Camberwell and neighbouring wards, Hi. What's your opinion on the Champion Hill football ground in SE22 being bought by Hadley to build on the site and Greendale? Will post all replies here.

Last edited:
i'm going to read that thread tonight when i'm not at work. it seems that there's a lot of good ideas. perhaps we should call an IRL meeting of anyone interested in organising against this, set up a front group to draw in signatures and get solidarity from outside etc etc.

One of the three local ward councillors, will oppose a new ground on Greendale: https://twitter.com/StephenGovier/status/431057243841105920

I want a long term future for @DulwichHamletFC and strongly oppose any loss of Metropolitan Open Land.

And then I'm like,

Thank you for your reply. Would you oppose knocking down the current ground and/or planning permission for development there?

And he's all,

I am sure the current facilities @DulwichHamletFC could be improved upon for the benefit of not just DJFC but the wider community

(note the Iberian spelling of 'Jamlet' there)

(Can we embed tweets here?)

Last edited:
also, we ought to be in contact with the official DHST. is anyone here involved in that group in any way that enables them to act as a spokesperson? i'm a member but only recently joined so havne;t had any real contact yet.

One of the three local ward councillors, will oppose a new ground on Greendale: https://twitter.com/StephenGovier/status/431057243841105920

Is Veronica Ward one of the local ward councillors? I know that she was instrumental in ensuring Fisher FC's new ground being built and she supported the efforts of the club to return to Rotherhithe. She did this in her capacity as council cabinet member for culture, leisure, sport and volunteering. From her previous efforts, it would seem likely that she would be on our side, and would actively support our cause.

Is Veronica Ward one of the local ward councillors? I know that she was instrumental in ensuring Fisher FC's new ground being built and she supported the efforts of the club to return to Rotherhithe. She did this in her capacity as council cabinet member for culture, leisure, sport and volunteering. From her previous efforts, it would seem likely that she would be on our side, and would actively support our cause.

South Camberwell so I'd think so - it must be very close if it doesn't reach to the ground.

Does the 'Metropolitan Open Land' status include the artificial pitches, does anyone know?
Yes.
also, we ought to be in contact with the official DHST. is anyone here involved in that group in any way that enables them to act as a spokesperson? i'm a member but only recently joined so havne;t had any real contact yet.
I don't think they have a spokesperson.
Yep. She ain't on twitter. I'll email her. We should perhaps each email her: veronica.ward@southwark.gov.uk

Vornstyle

Well done for eliciting a response from Peter John.

It's your Twitter, but you might follow up on his last reply by getting his committment to meet supporters and/or be kept apprised of developments. He holds the resources and influence to broker a good solution.

SouthCamCouncillors.png

Back
Top Bottom