Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

Maybe we could boost our South London credentials by burning a City of London flag every time we score. Artist's impression:

CityLondonFlagFire.png

glad to see the Cornish Peoples Republic shirts our friends in Meybon Kernow will be pleased
I didn't notice this. I did actually live in Cornwall for a couple of years, and Griff on the turnstiles is proper Cornish.

Cray are playing at Bromley FC (I believe)
so its just down the road

Looking at 2004/2005 attendances average 250
largest home V AFC Wimbledon 1523 on 22 jan 2005

People have done a great job in lifting DHFC to a new level on and off the pitch

What's a better name for a Rabble spin-off group? Ham Army or Pink Blue Bloc
Gotta live up to a name like Pink Blue Bloc!

I think, given the stadium lease ownership issues, and the fact that our current influx of younger fans will probably be priced out of the city within a decade, DH (and indeed all small clubs) need a radical urbanist anti-redevelopment, anti-gentrification group, and one which extends beyond football fandom's normal aesthetic fetishization of politics.... stop me if I'm taking this far too seriously.

Last edited:
Housing is key to ensuring East Dulwich, Brixton, Peckham, Nunhead, Forest Hill area do not deteriate into full scale Foxton et al social cleansing

working class fans and players need to live and work locally, forcing us out to the suburbs as in Fance (banlieue) is wrong and will build anger and resentment

DHFC have always been strong on unwaged, NHS, anti racist, anti fascist but now housing is a key issue and its right to raise it

we dont want to be forced out to Leatherhead

Seriously. We're talking about our team potentially getting racially abused for 90 minutes.

Anyway Huddersfield Town seem to have a bit of a habit of poaching your best players. We signed Daniel Carr not too long ago and rumour has it a lad called Xavier Vidal is on trial with us, with a view to signing a professional deal soon.

Can any Hamlet fans give me a description of what kind of player he is?

Good luck with the season, always enjoy seeing a bit of non-league action. Reminds of the days when I used to go and watch Emley, terrible football but a great way to spend an afternoon without breaking the bank.

Vidal has a lot of potential to be a really classy player. I hope that if he ends up signing for Huddersfield, he could finish the season with us first.

Robert Dyas Cup

Cray Wanderers v Dulwich Hamlet

on Saturday 26th November

Looks like a good day out

at Bromley (as Cray play at Bromley FC)

Hayes Lane, Bromley, BR29EF

I know a guy at work who's a Wealdstone fan - nicest, chilled guy in the world. He goes to a fair few games. I will ask him about the racist thing. One of my first ever games aged about 5 was Swindon v Wealdstone, FA Cup in about 1982, Wealdstone had a young 18 year old left back called Stuart Pearce.

Delroy Booth Xavier Vidal is a hero - he scored the equaliser last game of the season back in May to win us the title. Attacking, decent close control. He's only about 5 foot something and about 17/18 years old. Barely in the first team really, he won young player of the season last year. Good prospect I think but still very young. How is Danny Carr getting on? I see he's scored one or two - has he got in the team much?

I'l be at the Leatherhead game tomorrow with two new victims mates to indoctrinate into the pink & blue army - one's an Evertonian, one's a Manc - we will convert them, please embrace the northerners :)

Back
Top Bottom