Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

Tooting & Mitcham & 5 Fans United FC, absolute joke, a dying football fanbase. Timid atmosphere tonight because very quickly we began to feel sorry for them. Useless 'rivals' as it takes two to tango. And also a quite daunting sign of how fragile things are in non-league. Here's a clip of their winning goal in the 2008 play-off to show how they do - or at least did - have fans:

Let's never let this happen to DHFC.

Much respect to the tiny handful of fans who could be bothered to make the massive journey over to Hamlet, but the truth is that they're not even worth having as 'rivals' any more.

Brilliant attendance mid week for a cup game 349 at Champion Hill, however with the players out on the pitch the Rabble consisted of two - pleased to say Rabble ended up over 100 strong

The singing while sporadic in first half could be heard very clearly around the ground and on another plus
Rob finally got the banners looking great behind the goal

The football was scrappy due to 9 plus changes from Saturday starting 11 and Tooting's poor away fan base (5 behind the goal and at most another 10) certainly undermined the edge to the game. (Phil Wilson was great again)

Thanks in large to Mishi the last 10 mins became a classic Rabble galvanising, tour de'force , with Gavin Roses pink & blue army belted out at full volume into the might air, echoing around dog kennel hill

Also good to see friends from Germany again, and overheard early plans to visit them again

Saturday 9th November - Bognor Tour (average home attendance 414 - highest 478) still places on the coach leaves Champion Hill at 10 : 30 (cost just £14) - Bognor's ground is at Nyewood Lane - PO212TY

But to return to attendance at champion Hill - 349 mid week for obscure cup game, that's really great now for good turnout against Leatherhead

Last edited:
Enjoyed last night. As has been said, football was unspectacular but there's always something special about midweek football, under the flood lights.
One factor worth bearing in mind about T & M is the emergence of a breakaway club, the Wanderers (http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/tootingmitchamwanderersfc/ ). I wouldn't like to say, but perhaps the Terrors hardcore have given up on T&M United?

Maybe we need to reassess the rivalry...

Enjoyed last night. As has been said, football was unspectacular but there's always something special about midweek football, under the flood lights.
One factor worth bearing in mind about T & M is the emergence of a breakaway club, the Wanderers (http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/tootingmitchamwanderersfc/ ). I wouldn't like to say, but perhaps the Terrors hardcore have given up on T&M United?
They're scum as well, whoever they are.

Match report:

dulwich-hamlet-tooting-cup-10.jpg

dulwich-hamlet-tooting-cup-03.jpg

dulwich-hamlet-tooting-cup-23.jpg

http://www.brixtonbuzz.com/2013/10/...-and-mitcham-utd-on-a-chilly-october-evening/

Admittedly, a lot of clubs at this level would love that to be a photo of their home end on a cold Tuesday evening League Cup game, and will wonder what the hell we're moaning about.
Word on the street is that T&M's owner is possibly trying to decline the club as he can sell the land off if they get relegated to the 9th tier. However, the breakaway club's attendances barely reach double figures so it's not just that. 156 saw the original T&M thump Whitstable, a team one point above them, 6-0 last saturday, which you'd think would rally the troops a bit. I guess some feared they had no hope against us (our first XI would have utterly destroyed them, 5-0 at least).

Last edited:
Some great pictures and good report at Buxton Buzz (as usual top marks) - I am always amazed how you get such good pics from the game (always seem to have a good shot of the key action)
and these reports are vital part of building the fan base

I have to say I do love our flags - some in the match report show the Tooting goalkeeper against a backdrop of Transpontine, Tuscany, International Brigade, Che Guvera, peace flags as well as Dulwich flags and a row of arty flags above the heads of home fans (not many grounds could you see that) and worth the admittion price alone.

Heard a conversation amongst one section of the Rabble on whether we should have a an Irish (Connolly Brigade) and or American (Lincoln Brigade) International Brigade banner - and also glad to see the Cornish Peoples Republic shirts our friends in Meybon Kernow will be pleased

I have to say the pub (looks very inviting) is that the Cherry tree ??
(ed no its the Fox on the Hill)

So are we all agreed the craic was good for the 349 - especially those in the Rabble on the La Curva Transpontine last night

Gavin Rose - Pink & Blue Army

Last edited:
Some great pictures and good report at Buxton Buzz (as usual top marks) - I am always amazed how you get such good pics from the game (always seem to have a good shot of the key action)
and these reports are vital part of building the fan base

I have to say I do love our flags - some in the match report show the Tooting goalkeeper against a backdrop of Transpontine, Tuscany, International Brigade, Che Guvera, peace flags as well as Dulwich flags and a row of arty flags above the heads of home fans (not many grounds could you see that) and worth the admittion price alone.

Heard a conversation amongst one section of the Rabble on whether we should have a an Irish (Connolly Brigade) and or American (Lincoln Brigade) International Brigade banner - and also glad to see the Cornish Peoples Republic shirts our friends in Meybon Kernow will be pleased

I have to say the pub (looks very inviting) is that the Cherry tree ??

So are we all agreed the craic was good for the 349 - especially those in the Rabble on the La Curva Transpontine last night

Gavin Rose - Pink & Blue Army
If I get my way there's going to be a Welsh-based one coming at some point, and an urban75/brixtonbuzz one.

I'm only just warming up the idea! Trouble is, my mate set the bar so high with 'DULTRAS' I fear I can't get anything done until it at least matches that level of wit.

Dull cosi pentrefan translates (google translates anyway) to Dull Itch Hamlet

Or just go for Dulwich Pentrefan

I have ambitions on a "DRADICAL HURBANISM" banner, and a 'robot footballer of the automated communist future' one with light up eyes, but fear I've reached the limit of what I can put up without missing too much of the match.

Dulwich Taffia is pretty good :)
Dulwich Hamlet: Total Taffia is nice and obscure.
Or maybe some kind of arcane Men Of Harlech/Hamlet Zulu reference.
Or summat to do with Owain Glyndwr...

Back
Top Bottom