Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

I was standing next to it for a bit on Saturday. Stood well away for the second half, but that was far away from the singing. Some kind of mid-point is required. Far enough not to be deafened but near enough feel part of the singing.

I was standing next to it for a bit on Saturday. Stood well away for the second half, but that was far away from the singing. Some kind of mid-point is required. Far enough not to be deafened but near enough feel part of the singing.
At least it was quite half-arsed drumming with no discernible rhythm, and it only broke out in occasional flurries.

It's the massive bass drums that pointlessly pound away throughout every single fucking second of the game that wind me up the most.

It occurred to me on Saturday as I walked twenty meters to find someone how isolated the chants can be. Could hang out with guys and form a secondary singing block?

Yes defo Saturday against the Essex boys

I thought the "Rabble" didn't get into its grove on Saturday v Harrow

But good to see the Youth coming forward to lead songs etc

Could do with more flags (but as someone rightly pointed out must be careful not to obstruct view - apologies)

Also noted on Saturday was the lack of more excessive, over enthusiastic swearing - which now the Rabble has attracted some youngster, think we need to be mindful of this

Rob could certainly do with some help with the flags, especially as we hope to develop backdrop

The Leatherhead game looks key spectacular - so maybe we should look to produce a number of flags - you can get 5ft x 3ft pink and blue (blue ensign - parliamentary flag) for about £4 - 10 on ebay would look amazing - 20 better

Leaterhead another brick in the wall

But next

Billericay Dickie here we come

26th October Dulwich Hamlet v Billericay Saturday 3:00pm Champion Hill

FUN FACT: My cousin-in-law was one of Billericay Ladies' best players, and now manages the team.

Reactions: han
Could do with more flags (but as someone rightly pointed out must be careful not to obstruct view - apologies)
To be honest I don't think your double-flag was particularly obstructive. They could always move a few feet to get a better view, we're hardly overcharged Premier League fans stuck in one seat. The flags add to the spectacle.
Also noted on Saturday was the lack of more excessive, over enthusiastic swearing - which now the Rabble has attracted some youngster, think we need to be mindful of this
Hmmmm... I think most people who take kids to football are aware there's gonna be some swearing. And for some of us swearing is very normal. I think there'll always be tense situations where we (by which I probably mean, I) can't help it.

el-ahrairah, when Dulwich scored their second goal against Lowestoft in the first game of the season my mate Joe overexcitedly grabbed me and screamed, "Communism is inevitable!!!"

Obviously discriptive langaguage is going to be used at key momemnts of the game
certainly not thought police

was simply pointing out that on Saturday - very one seemed more aware that a number of the invited school kids had for what ever reason decided to stand along with the rabble (we were young once)
it was commendation rather than any critism

Working on a collection of Partisan flags (Italy, France, Yugoslave)

On another point, can I just say the Buxton Buzz pictures and accompanying text is always spot on journalism and available usually within 48 hours of the game

I really wish the video of the goals went up quicker on the Dulwich Hamlet FC site

recognising of course every one is a volunteer

We are many - They are Few !

Do they still do that jukebox thingy?

Someone HAS to get them to play Champion Sound.

I think it was the bass on my Prince Far I and Roots Manuva tracks that killed the PA system. It's apparently gonna be working again next Saturday. And, ooh what a coincidence, speaking of next Saturday...

tumblr_mv2oakhfyJ1sn4d9xo1_1280.png

I've gone for one aimed at working on street-level rather than looking for retweets in the unreality of the internet. Big fuck off D-U-L-W-I-C-H-H-A-M-L-E-T in funky lettering, visible from the other side of the road, on the bus etc.

P.S. Just you wait till the T**t*ng one.

I've seen the T**t*ng poster and it is proper badboy - look out for it in a boozer near you :D

As for swearing, that was always one of the best things about going to football as a kid - it was basically allowed. I used to love it. I don't think I've ever laughed as much as when I started to encounter 'terrace banter' from the age of 7/8/9 onwards :D

you'll have to help me out with the latin on the Billericay poster vornstyle76 - 'our moral victory...' er....'now for the mathematical victory'? Does that refer to something in particular?

ps - good to hear the PA has been sorted :)

you'll have to help me out with the latin on the Billericay poster vornstyle76 - 'our moral victory...' er....'now for the mathematical victory'? Does that refer to something in particular?
It's meant to mean, "We've already won the moral victory, now let's win the mathematical victory". Much like the 'Soul Taxi' flag, it's an in-joke that only a handful of people will get, which is terrible of me.
I was stood behind the goal in the 2nd half and in all my years of league + nonleague i’ve never seen a crowd celebrate a goal like that. You lot are proper fans. Real passionate swines. And all for a FA Trophy qualifier!!! What are you like when it’s an IMPORTANT game? Fair play.
That's quite a compliment. And kinda true, we're getting pretty wild. The amount of primal roaring when Erhun chipped the goal against Hemel was probably more intense than the average big club's fans experience when they actually win the bloody FA Cup.

What a great comment (really good of the Harrow fan) and a credit to those that have built up the craic at Dulwich Hamlet - As Rob says the celebration at Hemel was wild - not only because of class goal but because we had turnout a truly fansatsic following (still say 250 made the trip).

Rarely could so many have watched DH play away and taken so many flags, banners, chants.

Walking to the ground I expected a few of the usual comrades - but as we grouped around the entrance and in the pub it was clear that everyone had made a big effort.

Really could do with thinking how we can set the bar high for the Leatherhead game - and reach a new level of production

Last edited:
...not only because of class goal but because we had turnout a truly fansatsic following (still say 250 mad the trip).
250 for an away game is amazing….at Luton in the conference we get 6,000-7,000 at home but the away teams rarely bring more than 50-100 unless it's someone like Cambridge or Wrexham. Big up the Hamlet faithful!

Your posters are mental, vornstyle76 :cool: Can't wait for your effort for the Enfield Town game (my team).
Good luck on Saturday! We'll be losing at Maidstone... :(

Back
Top Bottom