Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

bit of a moany lot H&R http://www.thebeveree.co.uk/index.php?threads/1st-vs-dulwich-hamlet-h-mon-21-apr-03-00-00-pm.2287/

Can understand frustrations about Wilson's challenge, I thought he was gone and wouldnt have been to surprised to have seen the red shown....

but they pretty much kicked us off the pitch the whole game and there were a number of penalty shouts...one of the dirtier teams I have seen... shocked Tommy Kav didnt punch one of them after he got hacked about 4 times in a row in the second half....

I didn't think there was any chance of it being red tbh. Wide of the area and with defenders getting back into the middle - you could make an argument that it was a sending off by the letter of the law but you'll never see a ref send someone off there.

I've never really understood people who watch games which don't feature their team, tbh.

I find it hard too, it's hard enough watching my team with the matches spreading the weekend and Monday, usually at inconvenient times. Sometimes I wonder if I have a Vigin Media subscription just to watch Kondike Gold or Wheeler Dealers because they're usually on when I have time to sit down and watch TV.

I must admit I did watch a Conference match on BT the other day which was enjoyable Forest Green away to someone or other, bastard Southport I think, puddles on the pitch, lightning nearly causing an abandonment.

I didn't think there was any chance of it being red tbh. Wide of the area and with defenders getting back into the middle - you could make an argument that it was a sending off by the letter of the law but you'll never see a ref send someone off there.

A few blues amongst us yesterday thanked the fuck Mike Dean wasn't the ref and then cursed in the second half wishing he was.

I was reading that earlier.

I know it's not representative of the club (because all the folks I met there were very pleasant) but there's some real bitter, curmudgeonly whiners on that forum and they're hardly a great advert for the place to attract new fans.

Given the Kingston and it's environs is the natural progression from folks from Fulham and West London it's to be expected, miserable, the fucking taxi driving lot of them.

I'm from Fulham, how did I end up in SE?

I was reading that earlier.

I know it's not representative of the club (because all the folks I met there were very pleasant) but there's some real bitter, curmudgeonly whiners on that forum and they're hardly a great advert for the place to attract new fans.

yeah I met a few nice lads (or top chaps rather) down there who were bigging up the support so was surprised to read this... hence the post...oh well we have won one fan round already for Saturday :D

Reactions: EDC
I mentioned a while back critical mass. It is celebrating its 20th anniversary ride in London on Friday 25 April. It would be great to have a pink and blue section of the mass. If you've not been on a mass before it consists of cycling as a mass through London streets on no planned route, accompanied by some bikes with sound systems. Don't forget to bring beer or whatever you fancy for the journey.

If you haven't got a bike, then beg or scrounge one. Failing that, then you can hire a brompton for £5 for a day (return by midnight) from Peckham Rye station - http://www.bromptondock.co.uk/our-docks/london/peckham-rye-2735/
I should be there on Friday….seeyou there?

Photos from the game:

hampton-richmond-dulwich-hamlet-03.jpg

hampton-richmond-dulwich-hamlet-05.jpg

hampton-richmond-dulwich-hamlet-15.jpg

hampton-richmond-dulwich-hamlet-18.jpg

hampton-richmond-dulwich-hamlet-30.jpg

hampton-richmond-dulwich-hamlet-38.jpg

More here: http://www.brixtonbuzz.com/2014/04/...ichmond-borough-to-get-back-in-the-play-offs/

Post above should say No money in Non-League Football & Cyber fan is in a photo.

Porsche, I'm not up to the various models but I can't remember seeing many four door ones. Yes it did have a nasty scratch.

Blimey, I have been a ruined man today. I vaguely remember trying to explain to British Transport Police that we were footy fans, not train robbers after they levelled some iffy accusations that we were ticketless, before getting thrown unceremoniously off the train and into the harsh badlands of Wimbledon town centre.

Great day out.

Is this http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/jewish-world-news/1.585903 close to Wingate & Finchley FC?

Our cup-halffinal yesterday wasn't successful - except of the 1.847 (paying) spectators. It was 1-1 after 90 and 120 minutes and Altona lost 8:9 in the penalty shoot-out.
Altona wanted his goalkeeper to shoot the sixth penalty, but the referee insisted that the first five players should all shoot again. That's why Altona raised a protest, today. The HFV (Hamburg FA) will decide soon...

It's sort of annoying that it seems that the big crowd we took to Wealdstone helped then leap above us in the average attendance totals for the season (not that I'm that bothered!).

Maybe a big crowd on Saturday may change that.

33.jpg

Back
Top Bottom