Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

Photos from Saturday's game:

dulwich-hamlet-enfield-town-06.jpg

dulwich-hamlet-enfield-town-15.jpg

dulwich-hamlet-enfield-town-16.jpg

http://www.brixtonbuzz.com/2014/03/...wn-courtesy-of-a-bizarre-refereeing-decision/

Scutta- Sounds good. Will it be Hamilton hall again or somewhere nearer to fenchurch? I am sure we will be given a heroes welcome for entertaining their punters on Thursday night.

Yeah or Barred more likely!ha!

I reckon meet atfenchurch station get on a train and have a couple of drinks and soak up the delights of hornchurch/upminster pubs....

Should just be able to get from the Hornchurch game to work in time. Will see about a pre-match drink. Apparently Wealdstone are expecting over a thousand on Saturday.
I thought there was something missing within the rabble, people sounded a bit weary though that could be down to me. Anyways, it was a good day out
Recently there has been such a gulf between home atmospheres and away atmospheres. The kind of boisterous ecstasy or dysphoria or grandstanding that is absolutely standard on away trips gets stared at in wry amusement - or even disapprovement! - at Champion Hill, unfortunately. I guess it's the Steve0 types diluting our more performative members.
performative member
I don't think I've ever defined myself so exquisitely.

Last edited:
Yeah, the away atmosphere is definitely still there. I too blame stevo. I heard a rumour that Pompey dunc is having to shave his beard off this week through fear of being accused of terrorism.

Additionally, we seem to have more new fans every week at the moment (which is brilliant). I guess we need to find a way of getting some of them involved in the rabble (presuming they want to and aren't stevo's relatives).

tbf i wasn't there on sat but we may be getting ahead of ourselves... The team have just lost 4 on the bounce... Meaning the fans who aren't sing whatever, like we are in aways days may not join in .. Which is the natural reaction of most fans for every team esp when things are tight at the top etc.. I know they should just be pleased to be in the position we are in but people have short memories... And we do look so good most of the time people have got used to it and want more....coming into the last month of the season and a couple of results the hill will be bouncing again...

well this one although may warrant a few more outings to see if it catches on

Was thinking, if it's raining tomorrow we should perhaps take to the Toilets Opposite Stand.

Scutta's idea for an Ahmed Deen chant is pretty banging. To the tune of Rock Me Amadeus:

Ahmed Deen, Ahmed Deen! Ahmed Deen!
Ahmed Deen, Ahmed Deen! Ahmed Deen!
Ahmed Deen, Ahmed Deen!
Oh oh oh, Ahmed Deen!
Come on and rock me Ahmed Deen!

and love this one....

aint no team like,
dulwich hamlet,
makes me happy,
Makes me feel this way etc (although i think theres more of an intro to that one

Last edited:
aint no team like,
dulwich hamlet,
makes me happy,
Makes me feel this way etc (although i think theres more of an intro to that one
i originally started it with "Now we're playing like the stars I hope this game will last forever"... Which seemed to tempt Fate a bit too much.

Agree that the atmosphere at away games is usually better anyway but we often get the added bonus of a tin roof under our heads to create that extra noise.

It was a bit flatter than usual at the Hill on Saturday though.

I've got to say that this one-

"Now we're playing like the stars I hope this game will last forever"...

Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ahhhh,

aint no team like,
dulwich hamlet,
makes me happy,
Makes me feel this way etc

has got to be The Best Football Song I have ever seen written down (typed out).

Hopefully I will be there to help you all sing it before long, too.

It never caught on but I'm going to see if I can somehow inflict this on the songbook and reintroduce the idea to the rabble. 'Cos I loved it. To the tune of Oh Bondage, Up Yours! by X-Ray Spex (Poly Styrene was from Brixton too)

Oh Tooting! Up yours!
Oh Tooting! No more!

I think we need to get a few more lyrics in....for it to catch on.... sure we can do that tonight....

It feels a bit weird though because the message from Oh Bondage is quite a serious one and I wouldn't want to be seen as trivialising the matter.

Sorry to have missed you. The station area is going to be redeveloped, the consultation has been extended due to outrage at initial plans mentioned by your mate. Fortunately, this has been averted.

Good that area in front of station being opened up into a square. Key will be ensuring current businesses are not priced out by council through too high rents. Don't want a Costa and Tescos there.

You can see more here http://www.peckhamvision.org/wiki/P...amvision.org/wiki/Peckham_Rye_Station_Gateway

The manager at Brick brewery wants to get his beer into clubhouse on matchdays. I hope he succeeds, as it's better than spitfire!

That sounds promising. The aforementioned Tony told me about the trebling of rents and likelihood of bringing in the Costa/Starbuck type businesses, so if there's a good chance of that being blocked great!

It would be great to have some genuinely local beers in the clubhouse, whether Brick or Clarkshaws perhaps? (Not a massive fan of Clarkshaws myself, being unfined and a bit on the malty side for my taste, although being brewed in East Dulwich I feel duty bound to drink it where possible!)

On Saturday I had a post-match pint of Brixton Brewery's Windrush Stout in the EDT, and very nice it was too. I didn't realise they were brewing cask as well as bottled beers. And it seems their microbrewery is open on a similar basis to the Brick one, noon-4pm Saturdays:

http://brixtonbrewery.com/?page_id=2

Back
Top Bottom