Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

He made his debut a few games into last season!

He actually played in the pre-season games last year, but had to miss the first few league & cup games as we were still awaiting international clearance due to him playing in Turkey the previous season. It took more than a month to come through, which potentially could have cost us the championship.

He actually played in the pre-season games last year, but had to miss the first few league & cup games as we were still awaiting international clearance due to him playing in Turkey the previous season. It took more than a month to come through, which potentially could have cost us the championship.
-

Luckily we had Carl Wilson-Denis in the meantime, so we were pretty much covered really.

I remember Erhun made quite an impression on debut at Godalming by putting Wilson-Denis through on goal three times with exquisite through balls. He managed to fluff the first two before winning a pen on the third!

I remember thinking it was really exotic that we had a player who needed international clearance. Though incredibly frustrating as well cos he'd looked very exciting in the pre-season versus Palace.

So, I'm really looking forward to Saturday. Especially after the corker of a game up at Enfield in November. I hope the Enfield fans show up in good numbers as those that I spoke to last time out were really very nice and they gave it a bit of a sing-song. It looks like we might be getting a little bit wet though. Also, with potentially only 9 more opportunities to see Erhun in pink and blue, it would be criminal to miss any more games this season!

I can't sodding make it either! Seeing some friends we haven't seen in years.

Anyway, our fans will travel in numbers and make a fair bit of noise, you can be sure of that. I just hope it's being filmed. Hopefully The Cold End will be there.

I just hope it's being filmed. Hopefully The Cold End will be there.

So do I. I am always grateful to those who film (and photograpth) these games for the rest of us to enjoy. Above all though, they immortalised Ian Daly's Dialectic Destroying Cobra Morph which, as we all know, will prove to be the biggest game-changer in the world of football since the Cruyff turn.

stag do on saturday, couldn't persuade them all to come down the hamlet so i have to go paintballing instead.

what's up next after that?

Erhun joint top scorer in the Isthmian premier (http://www.isthmian.co.uk/statistics.php)

Premier Division
NameTotalTeamBreakdown
Charles Moone27Hampton & RBGoal (24) Penalty (3)
Erhun Oztumer27Dulwich HamletGoal (17) Penalty (10)
George Purcell25AFC HornchurchGoal (22) Penalty (3)
Jefferson Louis24MargateGoal (21) Penalty (3)
Stefan Payne23AFC HornchurchGoal (23)
Ryan Moss22KingstonianGoal (21) Penalty (1)
Andre McCollin21KingstonianGoal (14) Penalty (7)
Frannie Collin20Maidstone UnitedGoal (18) Penalty (2)
John Sands20Canvey IslandGoal (20)
Terry Dodd20Bognor Regis TownGoal (18) Penalty (2)
Scott McGleish19WealdstoneGoal (18) Penalty (1)
Liam Hope17Enfield TownGoal (12) Penalty (5)
Neil Richmond17East Thurrock UnitedGoal (16) Penalty (1)
Zac Attwood17Maidstone UnitedGoal (13) Penalty (4)
Jake Reed15Lowestoft TownGoal (15)

Er, that post is nowhere near as aesthetically pleasing as I had intended but you get the overall point. 27 goals from midfield (with a load of pressure penalties-the third goal v Enfield away followed by a mad celebration coming up to the fans in the net).

So do I. I am always grateful to those who film (and photograpth) these games for the rest of us to enjoy. Above all though, they immortalised Ian Daly's Dialectic Destroying Cobra Morph which, as we all know, will prove to be the biggest game-changer in the world of football since the Cruyff turn.

I did a DDCM at football a couple of weeks ago. No lie. And a Cruyff turn the week before. However, tonight I turned completely shit and could barely even control the ball, which is great news for the supporters' team as I'm playing for them on Saturday morning.

Er, that post is nowhere near as aesthetically pleasing as I had intended but you get the overall point. 27 goals from midfield (with a load of pressure penalties-the third goal v Enfield away followed by a mad celebration coming up to the fans in the net).

Soon I'll get round to writing my highly poetic account of Erhun's top 10 goals for Dulwich, which will include the one at Ramsgate last season which I was far too drunk to comprehend but was almost certainly amazing. The only thing he hasn't done, I think, is a Panenka penalty. Maybe he's saving it for the play-off final.

Was thinking, if it's raining tomorrow we should perhaps take to the Toilets Opposite Stand.

Scutta's idea for an Ahmed Deen chant is pretty banging. To the tune of Rock Me Amadeus:

Ahmed Deen, Ahmed Deen! Ahmed Deen!
Ahmed Deen, Ahmed Deen! Ahmed Deen!
Ahmed Deen, Ahmed Deen!
Oh oh oh, Ahmed Deen!
Come on and rock me Ahmed Deen!

Do you remember when the chants committee decided that Ahmed Deen should be celebrated by humming the music from the Pearl & Dean - cinema advertising people - advert really loud then just yelling 'Deen' at the end? It was one of the laughtershocks of G-Man's 'my mum only let me watch sequels' bombshell, but pretty funny in its own right too.

So did Dulwich Mishi do the article? Post it up here?

Sort of! They asked me to do it by yesterday, & was going to, ooh er missus, knock one out last night. Checked my emails again at the end of my lunchbreak at work yesterday...and realised they wanted it by yesterday morning! So I quickly bashed one out & submitted it, so there will be something to read, but not as detailed, or as good, as I hoped it would be.

As for what's in it...well that would spoil the 'surprise' as it's for their programme next week, and I don't think it would be fair to 'pre-publish' it before that goes on sale at the game, & also I have no idea if & how they will edit it either.

it's right next to ruislip manor tube, that might be a go-er.
In the unlikely event that you're a 'tight git' like me & won't pay Boris's extortionate tube prices on the principle... I have an annual zones 1-3 travelcard, which includes all zones buses, but hate paying a small fortune to travel a few stops further on the tube. So if you have pass that goes up to zone three may i suggest a tube to Ealing Broadway, then there's a bus from outside there, bus stops on the right as you leave the station, can't recall the route number off the top of my head, that takes about half an hour & goes right past the main road, at the top of the one that leads to the ground.

Reading through the Maidstone Forum, it would appear that beer chucking resulted in some unsavoury incidents during the league game prior between the two clubs.
Yes, but Wealdstone have a 'traditional, angrier, old school' element of fans...that basically don't accept any old shit, and if you front them out they will stand their ground. In my opinion, nothing wrong with that, but that's not the sort of fans we have, really.

Why on earth should there be segregation at a non-league ground at our level, just because their fans try to incite away fans?

I used to go everywhere on my zones 1-2 travelcard and just follow people through the gate if it was zone 3 onwards.

Bringing a Chelsea mate today so we'll be in the bar early for the Chelsea Arsenal game. Then we'll watch some real football at 3pm :)

Back
Top Bottom