Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

Fuck the ref.

The best thing about today - apart from Peter Adeniyi's wonder goal curled into the top corner from 25 yards - was the queue of people lined up to give the ref an earful after the final whistle. 6 seconds my arse.

I remember David James being penalised for the same 'offence' for Aston Villa v Arsenal in 1999. The referee that day booked Stan Collymore instead, despite him being in the Villa reserves in those days (I believe this fulfils G Man's obligatory 1990's football and Collymore reference for the benefit of Joe K)

shame about the result. But others sort of went our way...so not to bad and not another loss...

hope the Ahmed tune got blasted out if he played.

saw a couple if pics with the new banners looking forward to seeing them again in person.

how did the shaman play today?

shame about the result. But others sort of went our way...so not to bad and not another loss...

hope the Ahmed tune got blasted out if he played.

saw a couple if pics with the new banners looking forward to seeing them again in person.

how did the shaman play today?
Yes we sang Ahmed-eus.

New banners were all good.

The shaman wasn't really his best today. (Good to see he's playing rubbish so no-one will buy him at the end of the season.)

Footage of fans from Lancaster City FC and players, management and officials from Ramsbottom United in violent scenes

on your facebook wall

swarm was pretty good....although doesnt sound anywhere near as exciting or have the ups and downs as the roller coaster ride of champion hill yesterday.

cant wait til Tuesday now

on your facebook wall

swarm was pretty good....although doesnt sound anywhere near as exciting or have the ups and downs as the roller coaster ride of champion hill yesterday.

cant wait til Tuesday now

Oh yeah, one, but too close up. I'm hoping there will be one from further off during 2nd half...

In the unlikely event that you're a 'tight git' like me & won't pay Boris's extortionate tube prices on the principle... I have an annual zones 1-3 travelcard, which includes all zones buses, but hate paying a small fortune to travel a few stops further on the tube. So if you have pass that goes up to zone three may i suggest a tube to Ealing Broadway, then there's a bus from outside there, bus stops on the right as you leave the station, can't recall the route number off the top of my head, that takes about half an hour & goes right past the main road, at the top of the one that leads to the ground.

There are District and Piccadilly Line engineering works on sections of the line to the west of Central London next Saturday, so purely in terms of speed and convenience the best route will be via Baker Street on the Metroplitan Line. Hopefully this linked map will work, although sometimes links for specific searches break:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/track.aspx?offset=6

If anyone has a Network Card you can also get a one third discount on a one day all zones Travelcard, which brings the price down to £5.90 if I remember rightly.

Going to the Brick Brewery in the railway arches by Peckham Rye station tomorrow pre-match. Will be there from 1pm. Do join me if you fancy a local ale before the local game with local people.

Dunc

I was going to go there before the game, but didn't have time in the end. I went past to see where it was and was spotted by one of our supporters (Tony, a Villa fan) who lives in Blenheim Grove as I walked past his house! He tells me they're due to get kicked out eventually as part of the controversial regeneration scheme fo Peckham Rye station. Notices to vacate are expected to be served in the summer apparently.

I'll try to pop in there on Satruday week before the home game with Wingate & Finchley.

I was going to go there before the game, but didn't have time in the end. I went past to see where it was and was spotted by one of our supporters (Tony, a Villa fan) who lives in Blenheim Grove as I walked past his house! He tells me they're due to get kicked out eventually as part of the controversial regeneration scheme fo Peckham Rye station. Notices to vacate are expected to be served in the summer apparently.

I'll try to pop in there on Satruday week before the home game with Wingate & Finchley.

Sorry to have missed you. The station area is going to be redeveloped, the consultation has been extended due to outrage at initial plans mentioned by your mate. Fortunately, this has been averted.

Good that area in front of station being opened up into a square. Key will be ensuring current businesses are not priced out by council through too high rents. Don't want a Costa and Tescos there.

You can see more here http://www.peckhamvision.org/wiki/P...amvision.org/wiki/Peckham_Rye_Station_Gateway

The manager at Brick brewery wants to get his beer into clubhouse on matchdays. I hope he succeeds, as it's better than spitfire!

Free film night on Friday:

new-york-cosmos-film.jpg

The rise and fall of the New York Cosmos – free screening at Dulwich Hamlet FC, Friday 28th March
http://www.brixtonbuzz.com/2014/03/...ening-at-dulwich-hamlet-fc-friday-28th-march/

Sort of! They asked me to do it by yesterday, & was going to, ooh er missus, knock one out last night. Checked my emails again at the end of my lunchbreak at work yesterday...and realised they wanted it by yesterday morning! So I quickly bashed one out & submitted it, so there will be something to read, but not as detailed, or as good, as I hoped it would be.

As for what's in it...well that would spoil the 'surprise' as it's for their programme next week, and I don't think it would be fair to 'pre-publish' it before that goes on sale at the game, & also I have no idea if & how they will edit it either.

Actually, Urbanites, Mishi's done you proud with an excellent piece that required only minor tweaking.... Covering the Hamlet agony of the 2004 playoff through to today's title challenge and the parallels between wealdstone and dulwich. Four pages of Mishi fun including my own take on the mystic alchemy of the voodoo stick.... Be there and buy one! We're expecting close to a thousand so best to arrive early on Saturday

Took my mate for the first time and he loved it.

Been drinking since kickoff yesterday so have to sober up a bit because it is Monday tomorrow.

I thought there was something missing within the rabble, people sounded a bit weary though that could be down to me. Anyways, it was a good day out

YO. Who's going tomorrow? Anyone up for meeting before? Going to get the train from fenchurch st and meet sankara there at around 17.15 and aim to get the 17.32 or 17.37 train.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom